Monday, January 13, 2014

Friendship

Hi Girls!

Happy Monday!  Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend.  I know I did but it always seems to go by so quickly--and no, I didn't get not one of my 36 Things marked off my list.  Maybe I should have added procrastinate less to the list :)  I've got a crazy week ahead of me and have a stressful meeting coming up on Wednesday so if you can add me to your prayer list, it would be greatly appreciated.

Today's post is going to be about friendship.  I've had this on my heart for a little while to write about but didn't know exactly what I was going to say.  Heck, I still don't know what I'm going to say but I'm just hoping that the words just flow through my fingers and something meaningful is portrayed. 

I have the BEST and I mean the BEST group of friends.  I feel so blessed everyday that I can pick up the phone to any of my close circle of friends and every single one will help me however they can.  Some are old friends that I've known since I was a small child, some are friends that I made in high school, some are friends that I met at work and some are friends through church but all in all, they are the best group of buddies I can ever imagine having.  I am the only single gal in my entire group---yes, the ENTIRE group.  Is that tough?  Yes, absolutely.  Especially when we go out for dinner or have parties, it's always hard being the odd girl out but I am thankful that none of my friends have ever made me feel uncomfortable.  As a matter of fact, they are alway asking me why I'm single or am I trying this dating site or that site or they have the perfect person they want to introduce me to (again, I'll save that for another post).  Regardless, they only have my best interest in mind.

One of my oldest and dearest friends, I have had since high school.  We have so many stories and private jokes that it would take a book to write everything down.  We did some of the craziest and dumbest things that I can think of when we were wreckless teenagers who didn't have a care in the world.  We don't live too far away but unfortunately, our schedules are very busy and we don't often get to see each other.  That's life I suppose, but it still make me sad that we don't have as much time to spend together as we used to. 

I recently moved back to my hometown and I couldn't be happier.  I am within minutes from a core group of my close-knit buddies that I think are all just plain awesome.  These are the gals that would do anything for me and vice versa.  I once had a manager who was in his 50's and he told me that he had just a few, really good friends that he would take a bullet for.  I know that is a comment that is pretty extreme but honestly, I understand exactly what he is saying.  I would give my life for any of my friends---on a lighter note, I always tell them I would give them a kidney if they needed it and I tell all of them that I love them more than my shoes.

I have to specifically talk about one of my newest best girlfriends.  It is actually a very unlikely friendship that I never thought I would have with her. We used to work together and had quite a tumultuous work relationship--we are both very strong willed, independent women.  I would say we are both pretty stubborn and very passionate about all aspects of our life.  Although the friendship was unexpected, I can't even imagine my life without her now.  She's one of those girlfriends that tells you like it is, even if you don't want to hear it (even though you probably need to hear it).  She does it with the best of intentions and may try to soften it but the end result is still the same--she loves you and wants the best for you.  She is seriously one of the funniest women I have ever know and comes up with the best one liners I have ever heard---like right off the cuff, it's amazing some of the things that come out of her mouth.  But most of all, she is the best encourager that I have in my life--no matter what is going on, she is always the first to tell me I can do it or I should do it. 

Lastly, this wouldn't be a post about friendship if I didn't talk about my very first friend--my sister.  I was the baby of the family, the one who got away with pretty much everything but what I wanted more than anything in the world was to follow my sister around, especially when she got older and had friends and boyfriends over.  You see, she's 4.5 years older than me so that's just enough difference for me to be annoying to her.  Believe me when I say, we've gone though lots of highs and lows throughout the years but I have very few childhood memories that don't have her in it. 

I know this post may seem a little bland but my friends mean the world to me and I feel ever so blessed to have them all in my life.  I hope that you are all as lucky as I am!

Much Love, Until Next Time...

Jennifer

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aww! Yes I am older, sometimes wiser, but always super proud of you! Love, your favorite sister!