Friday, January 31, 2014

Getting to Know You...Getting to Know all About You

Hi Girls!

Are you still singing the title to my post now?  I am.  Today I'm linking up with Leslie over at blondeambitionblog.com for her Getting to Know You edition.  I'm excited about this because I actually had been drafting a "Glimpse of Me" post this week but will change it around a little bit and post it at a later time.  I know I've said this before but if you are not already reading Leslie's blog, you are missing out--she's a hoot, has a great fashion sense and oh my, the most beautiful baby girl.  So here goes, on getting to know me.

1.  Your name.  Jennifer.  Most of my close friends and family call me Jenny.  My work people call me Jenn or JMo. 
2.  Where you're from.  Harrisburg, NC (born and raised, left for a little while but just bought a house back in my hometown near all my friends and family).  I love my little (well, used to be) town and it's mostly known as the 'Burg to the locals but most people who are not from the area have no idea where it is, so I typically say I am from Charlotte which is just 20 minutes down the road. 
3.  What do you do with your days?  I'm a National Account Manager for a Seed Company.  What this really means is that I'm in sales and I sell seeds (vegetable, flower, herbs) to National Accounts like Lowe's, Tractor Supply, Meijer and a bunch of grocery stores).  I've only worked for 1 other company in my professional career and that was Husqvarna--yes, that's right, this Southern gal sold power equipment for 12 years.  I was quite good at it and can also carve a chair from the stump of a tree. 
4.  Tell us about your family.  I have the best family ever--some are blood and some are not but they might as well be (photos below).  I feel so blessed to have the circle of friends and family that I do.  I lost both of my parents nearly 18 years ago (blog post to come later on this topic).  My sister was the first friend I ever had and I can't imagine my life without her.  I have the dearest and bestest friends a girl could ask for all of which have children that I absolutely adore.  These children are my heart and soul and honestly, I couldn't love them anymore if they were mine. 
5. What are your dreams and goals?  I'm a 35 year old single gal who would love to be loved by the awesome man that I know God has put out there for me (just need to find him).  I'm pretty sure  want to get married and have kids but have become increasingly concerned about this actually occuring the older I get.  Don't get me wrong, I know I'm not an old maid and that there are lots of people that find love later in life but dang, wish he would just show up on my doorstep for goodness sake.  I've always focused on the advancement of my career and before I noticed, I'm in my mid-thirties wondering where the time went.  I've done the dating websites for the past 2 years off and on and get a bit (ok, let's be honest A LOT) frustrated with the whole process so when time comes that my membership expires, I usually take off a few months.  After a few months, I get frustrated that I'm not dating and well, the cycle begins again.
6.  Why did you start blogging? Blogging is a new thing for me.  It was actually one of my New Year's Resolutions.  I have thought about it for a long time as I've been following a number of blogs for a few years but never thought that I would be quirky enough or funny enough or frankly have anything to write about that anyone would want to read.  Well, after getting over my initial nervousness, I decided that it was okay if no one read it because it would allow me to document my life and go back and remember what I was thinking about during different periods of my life.  I am also hoping that this will be great outlet for me to meet new people and make some new friends. 
7.  Random Facts.  I have 3 fur babies:  2 poodles named Simone and Serena, 1 torti cat named Savannah.  I lost a spelling bee in the 4th grade because I spelled arthritis wrong.  Because of said lost spelling bee, I have become a spelling crazy person and it drives me crazy when people don't spell correctly.  My favorite colors are turquoise and burnt orange.  My favorite fabric is burlap.  I type words out in my head (ALL THE TIME)--read my first post for better explanation.  My favorite drink is sweet tea.  I wish I could cook like my momma.  I hate being barefoot and think feet are gross and don't like anybody to touch mine nor can I even bear the thought of touching someone else's.  I'm loving bloggin' so far and am still working on some of the quirks in this newfound world--one of which is fixing why some people can't comment--ugh, so frustruating. 

My sis and I.

Best Girlfriends Ever.

Just a few of the awesome kids in my life

Just me.

My Girls-Simone & Serena.

My kitty Savannah.


 Thanks y'all for reading!  I think this was a great idea for Leslie to do.


2 comments:

Mrs. Kee said...

Your dogs and cat are so cute!! My aunt always had poodles, they are so smart!! It was fun getting to know :)

Jennifer Morgan said...

Aww, thank you so much! Poodles are awesome and you are right, they are smart--almost too smart for their own good ;)