Friday, February 7, 2014

Getting To Know You, Part Deux...

Hi Girls!

I'm so excited to be linking up with Leslie again at blondeambitionblog.com for an extended edition of "Getting To Know You".  It was so fun getting to know others more after having read their blogs for a little while.  I'm really enjoying the blogging community and how everyone seems so supportive, especially of new bloggers. I've had a rough week--I'll spare you all the details for now but I would really appreciate your prayers and good thoughts while I'm working some things out.  Anywhoodle, onto the task at hand..getting to know me MORE, so here goes.

1.  What's my middle name?  It is Ann.  This was also my mother's middle name and was what I was terrified of hearing if I heard my momma say "Jennifer Ann" because I knew I was I trouble--y'all know what I mean, right? I have a cute story to tell about my middle name.  One of my dearest friends gave her daughter my middle name as well in honor of me--I was beyond touched as she changed it last minute from what she had originally planned.  Talk about tears flowing!  Anyway, when the baby was about 6 months old I was having a very serious conversation with her 5 year old sister and we were talking about names and she was telling me that her momma named her after her grandma to which I told her that her momma also gave Kendyl my middle name.  Her response, "well Jenny, what is your middle name now since mommy gave Kendyl your name."  I love it and it tickled me to death.
2.  If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?  Even though I've never been there, I would say Italy.  Only because I've watched "Under the Tuscun Sun" way too many times.  But I would want to relocate all my friends and family there too--it would be lonely in a big ole Tuscan villa all by myself with my new Italian lover Alessandro.
3.  Tell us about your guilty pleasures.  Well, let's see--reality TV, I am totally sucked into all of the Real Housewives of who cares, I watch them all.  Cupcakes from my local bakery--I always buy two and act like the 2nd one is for someone else when it never is...NEVER. And my most shameful ones Ramen noodles--y'all I love these things but don't have them often because I know how horrible they are for you and also because I'm embarrassed to be a 35 year old gal buying Ramen noodles.
4.  Like best about your job.  If you weren't doing it, what would it be?  I'm going to answer the second half only because well, it's my blog and I can do what I want.  I would love to own a wine or cupcake shop--two of my favorite things.  Heck, maybe I'll just open up a wine shop that sells cupcakes.
5.  Five things I'd grab during a fire.  Last photo of me with my momma and daddy, the Bible my daddy gave me, lipgloss, a bottle of wine and my phone charger (if the firemen are cute I want to make sure I look my best with the gloss and if I don't I can drink enough wine until I think I do and if all else fails I call my friends who will lift my spirits telling me I am pretty no matter what).
6.  Marathon running--pursue or just crazy.  I have no desire to run a marathon but have mad respect for those who do.  I'm a 5k'er only.
7.  Only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?  Ramen noodles.  Ha, just kidding!  It's a toss up between spaghetti or spicy tuna rolls.
8.  Last person you spoke to.  My sister at smorganfaithfamilyfriends.blogspot.com.  We talk oh, only about 15 times a day.
9. Favorite childhood toy.  Barbies or my Lite Bright.
10.  Breakfast cereal of choice.  Ok, I'm going to choose two here.  When no one is looking it is Cocoa Pebbles.  When people are looking it is Blueberry Morning or Special K Red Berries.

I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.  Can't wait to get to know some of you girls better too.  Have a great Friday!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Found you through the link-up and loved getting to know you better. Oh and I would love to have my own cupcake shop! That'd be so cute and fun!

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much Jess for commenting on my blog! I apologize for the delay in my response as we had to make some changes on my blog in order for me to reply. Anywhoodle, thank you for reading and I think a cupcake shop would be uber fun!