Friday, February 14, 2014

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas...WAIT, WHAT?!?

Hi Girls-

I hope you have all had a wonderful week.  I've been terrible at blogging lately and didn't complete anything on my "36 Things" list but I've had all these ideas of what I wanted to write about and also have about 4 drafts that I'm working on too.  So, please stay tuned!  My creativity is just busting at the seams--Just Kidding--but I do hope you come back to read what I'm working on.

This has been a crazy week in North Carolina weather wise--hence the Title to my post today.  For some reason, when I think of snow I think of Christmas and well, we all know it is February (although there is someone in my neighborhood that has their lights still up) so the Christmas spirit is obviously long past us.  We have had snow 3 days this week--3 DAYS!!!! In North Carolina!!!  We actually haven't had weather like this in over 10 years and I measured 10.5" in my backyard yesterday.  I am stir crazy and ready to get out of my house.  I don't have anywhere to go but have to leave.  However, with all that said, it was absolutely beautiful.  My dogs didn't particularly enjoy it but they are also 5 and 7 pound poodles who really don't go outside other than to use the bathroom anyway so their time outside was very short lived.  I was able to eat snow cream, nap with my dogs, not wear makeup for 3 days straight, eat way too much because that's what you do when you are stuck in your house, switch from one pair of lounge pants to another day after day after day, get caught up on all my Real Housewives of "All of Them" and did you know that Sex and the City comes on everyday from 2-4?  SATC is another one of my guilty pleasures and a reason why Cosmopolitans are still one of my favorite cocktails.  It started melting today and ironically enough, Charlotte is expected to have 80 degree weather next Wednesday---did I mention I love living in the South? 

Anywhoodle, I'm going to leave you with pictures from my Winter Wonderland.  Hope wherever you are, you are warm and toasty!






If you look real close on this picture, you can see a red cardinal.  It was absolutely breathtaking seeing it there.  


OK y'all, that's all I have for the night.

0 comments: