Friday, June 13, 2014

Confessional Friday


Hi Girls-

I'm linking up with the lovely Leslie over at blondeambitionblog.com for the first time in a few months and I'm really excited.  There are so many things that I have to confess but at the risk of completely boring you I'm going to try to pull out my best confessions possible.  So, let's get to it friends, here we go.

1)  I confess that now that I am officially working from home I am finding it hard not to stay in my pajamas all day to work.  It's easy on Monday and Wednesday because those are the days I have to work out with my trainer in the morning but if I'm being completely transparent I'm writing this post on Thursday at 5:30 in the afternoon and yes, I am still in my jammies.  Fail for the day!  Goal for next week, get dressed everyday!
2)  I confess that I used lotion in my hair last week when I was in Memphis.  Why you ask?  Because it was my first week of work and I was traveling with my boss and didn't realize I had left all my hair products at home until I was getting dressed in the hotel that morning.  It was crazy humid in TN and I felt that had I not put something on it, I would have looked like Chaka Khan by the end of the day therefore possibly causing my new boss to question why he hired me. Honestly, it didn't work out that bad. 
3)  I confess that I ended up going commando at the airport last week.  Why you ask again?  In an effort to mark a few things off my 36 Things List, I went out and bought some new panties to replace some of the more raggedy ones that should have been retired years ago.  Well, I apparently didn't buy the right size because as I was walking through the airport, I felt things getting kind've breezy down under.  They were quickly shimmying past my hips and over my thighs.  Girls, I actually had hiney exposed on the right side (under my dress of course).  In a moment of panic, I started rushing to find the nearest bathroom which unfortunately happened to be about 200 yards away (what felt like 200 miles).  By the time I got there, I was literally holding up said panties with my left hand and pulling my suitcase with my right hand.  I had already decided that had they fallen down around my ankles while I was in mid-stride I was going to step out and keep walking.  I mean, really, how many people would have actually seen me?  Right?
4)  I confess that I am growing my hair out and it is officially at that "oh I hate my hair and I want to cut it off" stage but I'm trying to push past it which is the reason why I didn't schedule my next appointment until mid-July.
5)  I confess that although I love shopping for all my business clothes at Dress Barn, I feel the need to start a petition asking them to change their name.  I just can't feel good buying clothes from a store that has the word "Barn" in it. 
6)  I confess that Father's Day weekend is tough for me because I haven't celebrated one with my daddy in over 18 years and I really try to just push it out of my mind.  But with that said, I am still so thankful for the time I had with my wonderful father and all the fantastic men who have stepped up trying to fill a void.  If you still have your dad, give him extra hug and love--not only on Father's Day but everyday. 

That's all I have girls!  I hope you all have the bestest weekend ever.  Come back next week as I'm going to be talking about mud, birthdays, love and grief.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Ohhh man that airport story is too funny - I think I would of just about died had it been me!

Jennifer said...

Lol Vicki---I was moments away from crawling in a hole! Thanks for reading my blog!