Friday, June 20, 2014

Confessional Friday

Morning Y'all-

Wow, what a week!  OK, so I haven't done a great job in blogging this week but I do have 3 awesome drafts that I am putting the final touches.  I'm telling you this because it is more of an accountability thing for me.  It's been a great week, getting a bit more acclimated to my new job and figuring out a few more things as I go along.  Well, let's get to it...I'm linking up again with the lovely Leslie over at blondeambitionblog.com.  I really did miss this while I was on sabbatical from blogging and this is something I thought about every week even if I didn't put it down here.  Here we go, this week's edition of my confessions.

1)  I confess that I fell down my stairs...again...this week.  Thankfully, I didn't get hurt.  I actually slid down them on my booty more than falling but it still hurt nonetheless.  I will never...let me repeat NEVER own another two story house.  I'm also thankful that I didn't land on my girls (aka toy poodles) because that would have definitely been a vet visit for sure. 
2)  I confess that my sister spent the night at my house on Wednesday night and it was great.  She was taking care of some things at our other house and her husband was working late so she and her four legged children stayed with me.  We didn't do anything crazy but it was perfect spending one on one time with her.  I miss that she doesn't live so close to me anymore.
3)  I confess that I got dressed every single day this week before 8am---well, not including today because as I'm typing this, I am in my pajamas still...but as soon as I am done, I will be getting dressed to get this work day started.  It's just so easy to mosey on over two rooms to my office without getting myself made up in the morning.
4)  I confess that I received my first paycheck in over 2 months---boy did it feel great to have a deposit in my account vs. a withdrawal.  Thank you Lord for providing!
5)  I confess that I have so many household projects that I want to do that I find myself being a little overwhelmed.  So, I've decided to go room by room and my first project is going to be my office.  Now that I'm working from home, I really want to have a place to work that is cool and fun.  Pictures to follow.
6) My favorite confession is that I booked my tickets to Germany and my hotel in Amsterdam for the extra few days I'll be staying next month.  I need to buy a camera (I'll take suggestions) so that I can document every single thing--who knows when I will have an opportunity to go back?

Alright ladies, I hope you all have a super fantastic weekend! 

4 comments:

Terri Lynn Grothe said...

Pay checks are great, my payroll dept messed up so I didn't get one this week, oh well...
Germany- that would be an incredible trip
Came over from Leslie

Jennifer said...

Terri,
Thanks so much for reading and commenting on my blog. And yes, I'm super excited about Germany! Have a great weekend!
Jenny

Brynn said...

Visiting from Leslie! I LOVE your blog! New follower. :) wickedsweettea.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Hey Brynn, thanks so much for reading my blog! I'm actually reading yours now---it's great!
Jenny