Friday, June 27, 2014

Confessional Friday

Hi Girls-

I hope you all have had a wonderful week.  I'm linking up again with the lovely Leslie over at A Blonde Ambition for her Confessional Friday.  So, here we go...

1)  I confess that I'm counting down the days until I leave on vacation next Thursday.  It's not that I'm tired of my job because well, I've only been at it for a month but I'm so excited to spend lots of quality family and friend time--and to build a sand castle from my 36 Things list, read the others here.
2)  I confess that I haven't followed not one single, solitary World Cup game.  If you like soccer, I think that is awesome but I'll be honest that I haven't seen as many soccer fans EVER until the World Cup came around and then it's like everybody loves soccer. 
3)  I confess that I've been dying for a Krispy Kreme doughnut all week.  I haven't had said doughnut because it is not on my approved eating plan list and probably also because there's not a close Krispy Kreme store that I have to see the infamous "Hot Now" sign on.  If there were, I may have whipped in my little Camry and chowed down.
4)  I confess that I have my first big patch of gray and it's freaking me out!!!!  I've had strands for as long as I can remember.  My mother grayed very early but it didn't really hit me until the last few week.  I've got areas around both of my temples--my July 17th hair appointment can't get here fast enough.
5)  In keeping with the theme of feeling old, I confess that I went with my "niece"(y'all know, the ones that are close enough to be family) to get her first tattoo last night and the tattoo artist asked if I was her mother.  Ugh---she's 23.  I'm 36.  Maybe it's time for a little botox. 
6)  I confess that I started watching Big Brother this week.  I'm a reality TV junkie but don't think I'm going to be putting this one in the rotation. One of the guys is from Albemarle, NC which is two towns over from where I live.  His claim to fame is that he "was Kellie Pickler's high school janitor". Why does this annoy me so much?  I mean, I love country music and I love Kellie Pickler but this contestant looks straight up off the Duck Dynasty show and it makes me wonder if everyone really does think that the South is full of "redneck, country folk"?

Well, ladies, that's all I have for the day.  I hope you all have a super fantastic weekend.

2 comments:

Leslie@ www.withloveleslie.com said...

Hi there! I'm right there with you craving a Krispy Kreme doughnut... I have been really dedicated on eating clean and working out hard this week and that's all I can think of that I want to eat (;
Stay strong!! (:
- Leslie

www.withloveleslie.com

Terri Lynn Grothe said...

Came over from Leslie's to say hello!! I love your blog signature you have on here. Have a great weekend