Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Let's Get Muddy Y'all!

Hi Girls-

So I promised y'all mud and that's what y'all are going to get.  Let me preface this post by saying that I seriously have the bestest friends ever in the world.  Friends that didn't mind getting mud in places that one shouldn't ever have mud--like for real!  One of my "36 Things to Do" was to do another mud run--even though every time I do one I say that I will never do it again, read about the other 35 things here.  This year's event was the Lozilu Mud Run.  It was for girls only and the proceeds went to children's cancer research.  This also fell right on my 36th birthday so it couldn't have been a better birthday gift from all my chicas.  The girls that ran with me ranged in age from 16-60 something (one of which was my 4th grade school teacher).  I have never laughed so hard as I did during this run and once you look at all the photos below you will see why.  Biggest snafu was they ran out of water by the time we got done which means a whole bunch of muddy girls stripping down in a parking lot and trying to scrape as much off as possible before getting in the car. 

Enjoy the photos y'all! 


My Team "Pretty in Pink"

No words--just simply perfect!
My sweet Kattie!
 
Showing some leg!
 
Do you know how hard it is to get 8 girls to jump at the same time?  We must've done this 12 times.
 
I told this little guy it was my birthday and I was old and he held my hand the entire way.

Now you see why I needed someone to hold my hand.  Next shot would have been me flat on my face.


 

We did it!  Nobody got seriously injured and it was a blast!

 
My awesome sister and photographer who walked the entire course with us and took over 432 photos of the event.  See y'all, I spared you by not showing you all of them :)  You are welcome!

Julie to the rescue---this was after we learned there was no more water.  Say what?!?

The new Mike's Hard Lemonade poster child

So, what did we do?  We went to our friend's house and jumped in her pool.  It was a muddy mess.

My friend Christy pretty much sums it all up in this photo. 

All in all, this was one of my most favorite races to date.  Not only did I get to run it with some of my best girlfriends ever but I got to spend my birthday doing something fun and crazy proving to myself that I'm not that old after all.  I highly suggest it to all!

1 comments:

Blogger said...

I have just downloaded iStripper, and now I enjoy having the sexiest virtual strippers on my taskbar.