Friday, October 3, 2014

Confessional Friday

Hi Girls!

Happy Friday ladies!  And Happy Back to Confessional Friday for me with the lovely Leslie over at A Blonde Ambition!  I am so super excited to be linking up today---it has been so long since I "confessed" so I wanted to pick the really good ones to share with y'all. 

Alright, here goes.  Buckle your seatbelts ladies, this is going to be a good one!

1)  I confess that while traveling last week, I walked past 9 gates at the airport with my skirt tucked up under my book bag.  That was until, a very nice lady chased me down informing me of said dilemma to which I immediately crawled into a hole and cried.  Come on people, do a girl a favor and let her know you see her intimate apparel in all their glory BEFORE she walks past several hundred people!  Unfortunately, this has happened to me before so note to self---stop wearing skirts while carrying book bag on the back!
2)  I confess that online dating sucks!  More on this in a separate post to come but I'm starting to wonder if I am one of those women that God really chose to spend their life by themselves. 
3)  I confess that I have become obsessed with blankets---like any kind of blanket but I am really preferring the super fuzzy, soft ones and I have found myself picking them up every time I go shopping.  This is not good for my pocketbook!  I.MUST.STOP!
4)  I confess that I went to a birthday party at a seafood restaurant and felt pretty good that I had ordered the grilled seafood and scallops instead of having it fried.  That is until I remembered that I gorged on umpteen hush puppies prior to that healthy meal that I felt so good about having.
5)  I confess that I may or may not have fibbed a bit about my age to someone in the last 72 hours.  To be clear, I kept it in the same decade but may or may not have said I was in my early 30's rather than my late 30's.
6)  I confess that I was mildly flattered by the 18 year old kid who flirted with me out at the grocery store.  That was until I realized that I was old enough to be his mother!

OK girls, that's all I have for the day!  I hope you all have a super-fantastic weekend enjoying beautiful Fall weather wherever you are. 

2 comments:

Doneida Simms said...

Okay...so the airport thing is crazy!! I would definitely have stopped ya! I mean, I am compelled to fix peoples HOODS in the grocery store.
And the online dating thing...kudos to you for trying. I am terrified to try. Its been suggested about 5,356 times in the last year. But I'm worried I will end up on a Lifetime movie!
Finally, cheers to you and that 18 year old flirter! :)

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much for reading and commenting! And I know right about the panties showing?!? I mean,help a sister out!!! And that's funny about the hoods--I am a tag person myself, I've had people almost go Chuck Norris kung fu on me before when they didn't realize what I was doing. Don't even get me started on the dating thing---you'll have to come back to read about my most recent trials and tribulations in the online dating world--I HATE IT!