Friday, October 10, 2014

Confessional Friday


Hi Girls-

What a week!  I am actually writing this on Thursday night while sitting in a hotel room in Denver, CO.  I flew here from Memphis earlier today and will be in this beautiful city until Saturday morning for work (even though the forecast is calling for rainy, cold weather).  I've been so excited to get so many posts up on my blog this past week and it really feels good to get back in the blogging groove.  Please stay tuned because I've got so many good posts coming up!

Well, let's get down to what you are here for---drum roll please!!!!!  It's time to link up with the lovely Leslie again over at A Blonde Ambition.  If you are a blogger and just stumbled upon my crazy post, I highly encourage you to take a look at not only her blog but all the women that link up to her Confessional Friday's--there are so many talented and funny ladies out there.

1)  I confess that my Christian Mingle subscription finally expired on Tuesday.  Honestly, I think I had a major sigh of relief when I knew it was done.  I've gone on a number of dates over the last 3 months, obviously none that resulted in anything wonderful as I am still single.  However, I have a fabulous 2 part post coming up tomorrow and on Monday about my adventures in online dating--believe me you don't want to miss it.  It will be awesome because y'all know it has to be a good story if it involves no sex on a second date, a colostomy bag, a wedding ring, a beer bottle and love-bombing (which apparently is an actual word).  Seriously, I can't make this stuff up!

2)  I confess that I stayed in my pajamas for the majority of the day Monday-Wednesday this week.  I had made a goal for myself to get up and get dressed a few weeks back but I just couldn't get it together this week. I'll blame it on this beautiful Fall weather.

3)  I confess that I ate Cool Ranch Doritos and Doc McStuffin gummies for dinner on Monday night--yep, not exactly what is on my approved dietary list.

4)  I confess that I found out this week that one of the girls in my Bible Study class is the girlfriend of the brother to one of the girls that was part of the couples on "Married at First Sight" which I absolutely loved. I am a terrible reality TV junkie.  If you are unfamiliar with what I am talking about, it was on this past Summer and featured couples that literally met on their wedding day and had 6 weeks to decide whether they would stay together or not.  This particular couple ended up staying together and actually had a wedding shower hosted in NC (her hometown state).  With that being said, I have decided to make her my new best friend because I am oh so curious about how all that went down and getting a little "Inside Edition" scoop.

5)  I confess that while I ate a horrible dinner on Monday, I had full intentions of cooking a wonderful healthy meal on Tuesday but instead drank a bottle of wine.  In my mind, wine=grapes, grapes=fruit, fruit=healthy.  OK, I know, not altogether true but well, this is my confession.  I must get back on my routine. 

Alright girls, that's all I have for the day.  I hope you all had a great week and that the weather in your area is perfect for a fantastic weekend!

0 comments: