Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Hi Girls-

Quick post today!  What are you thankful for?

1)  I'm thankful for a job that I really do love.  Back at the beginning of the year, when I found myself without a job for four months, I spent a lot of time soul searching.  I feel so incredibly blessed that I fell into a position that really seems to be a great fit.

2)  I'm thankful for a roof over my head, food in my fridge, being healthy and having loving friends and family.  This should be a given but far too many days go by where I don't give thanks for the things that I should be thankful for everyday.  I'm not wealthy by any means but I have so much more than so many others that don't complain about mundane things that I often find myself complaining about.

3)  I'm thankful for my sister.  I've written about her on my blog many times before--all of the sacrificing she's ever done for me and all the things she gave up in order to get me through certain points in my life make her one of the most unselfish people I have ever known in my entire life.

4)  I'm thankful for knowing a forgiving God who loves me unconditionally.  This is a tough one.  I've strayed---many times.  It's a daily battle but I know that I serve an all powerful, loving Lord who constantly has his arms wrapped around me. 

5)  I'm thankful for memories and pictures of my momma and daddy.  I lost them both in 1996 and my life has never been the same.  But even throughout the sadness of not having them in my life now, I am so fortunate that I had nearly 18 years with both of them. 

OK girls, that's all I have for today.  I think it's really important to sit back and really think about how fortunate we are and I'm so glad I was able to share it with y'all.

Come back tomorrow for the link up with the lovely Leslie over at A Blonde Ambition.

2 comments:

Kristine Foley said...

Some of our dear friends and family met their soul mates online. Go you for putting yourself out there! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thanks so much for the vote of encouragement Kristine! He's got to be out there, right?!?