Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Waves of the Sea Help Me Get Back To Me

Hi Girls-

My feeling about the beach is quite simple--I just love it!  It's the place I feel most relaxed and stress free, a place I can let my hair down and spend time with the people that I love the very most in the whole wide world.  It's a place where sandy sandwiches make the best lunch, make up and doing my hair doesn't exist and where being anything other than barefoot or in flip flops is unacceptable.  It is my most favorite place in the world.  I have such fond memories of the beach from when I was a little girl and my family would go on vacation.  I remember the teal umbrella with fringe that my dad would carry to the beach and the white swim shorts with black piping he wore with a white V-neck undershirt year after year.  I remember the oversized glasses and skirted swimsuit my momma would wear and how spending the entire day at the beach sun up to sun down was well, just what we did.  It was and still is the best!!! 

I was so fortunate to go on two separate vacations to the beach this summer.  The first was with my family (my sister and BIL) as well as our group of friends who we camp together with every year.  The second was with my sister, one of my very best girlfriend's and her 3 kiddos as well as my Kattie (it's kind've hard to describe my relationship with her but my family has been involved in her life since she was 3 months old--she'll be 24 next month--ugh, insert tear). 

Anywhoodle, in an effort to try to get caught up from my blogcation I thought it would be fun to revisit my beach vacations from July and August.  What a great time that was had by all--can't wait to do it all over again! 

Is there anything more beautiful and serene?
Can't you just imagine God creating this?  I stand in awe of him.




The obligatory beach pic--I saw so many of these on FB this summer!
 

Honestly, I don't even know--BUT it seemed so funny at the time!

This is my sweet, beautiful Kattie and I chowing down on some sushi!



My sister in absolute heaven!
3 of my most favorite girls in the whole wide world


 
The only boy on our girls' trip!

My favorite (and only) sister and one of my bestest gf's

If you ever are in Myrtle Beach, you have to eat here--my favorite burger place anywhere!

I love this kid!

0 comments: