Monday, January 26, 2015

Happy Monday Y'all!

Hi Girls!

Happy Monday! Can you even believe that this is the last Monday of January?!?  Is it just me or did the first month of 2015 just fly by? It's crazy!  My weekend went by way too quickly--I didn't get home from my last trip until late Saturday evening so I only had Sunday to relax and by relax I mean do laundry, go to church, have lunch with some wonderful peeps, watch "The Holiday" (which I love and seriously contemplate doing a home exchange but only if Jude Law shows up on my doorstep in a drunken stupor), get caught up in my planner and get some work things done before a trip I was supposed to be leaving for tomorrow morning. Thankfully, due to Blizzard 2015, my flight home got cancelled already for tomorrow night and I didn't want to risk further cancellations so I rescheduled with my customer. Good thing is that whenever we reschedule, I am completely prepared--data research is complete and powerpoint presentation is presented.

I thought I would share some of my photos from my trip last week to Texas.  I don't typically blog about my work trips because, well, they are pretty boring.  And this one was as well, except the weather in Galveston turned around on Friday and I witnessed a super beautiful sunset and an even more beautiful sunrise the next morning when I left for the airport. Enjoy!

Now that I work from home, I don't often indulge in my Starbuck's favorites so when I travel I make sure I get my fix as often as possible.  I would like to say I savored this delicious Vanilla Iced Coffee but I downed this thing like a fat kid drinking a Big Gulp--no shame :)

Pretty cool to be able to follow along my flight from Charlotte to Dallas and then to Houston.

During my layover in Dallas, I had fun perusing the shops and all the fine Texas sized retail apparel.  Had I brought a bigger suitcase, I definitely would have brought back one of each color in addition to a number of cowboy boots that I fell in love with.  Yee Haw!

OK, this is something that I just couldn't resist taking a photo of--quite frankly because I didn't think anyone would believe me when I told them that my cab featured neon rope lights fastened to the roof of our minivan as well as a stripper pole.  Girls, after I pulled out my hand sanitizer and made certain not to touch one single thing in the cab, I did ask the driver, "Hey,what's up with the pole?".  His reply, "Well, during the week it is used for people to hold on to but on the weekends it gets pretty crazy up in Galveston."  Hmm--well, first time for everything I suppose.

Do you wear pantyhose?  Me, I can't remember the last time I wore a pair--like probably more than 20 years ago. I couldn't find any tights at the airport and remembered I forgot mine at home and needed them that night for our customer dinner so pantyhose won the coin toss.  Literally, I was in them for less than 20 minutes before this happened!  Ugh! I spent the rest of the night trying to camouflage it with my napkin, purse, jacket, etc.

Sunset over the Gulf of Mexico--thank you God for your wonderful creations!

One of the best gumbos I've ever had!  It was Galveston Restaurant Week so I got all of the above for $20. Delish!

Sunrise the morning I left!  Simply Breathtaking!

Alright Gals, I hope you have a wonderful week!  I plan to get my blog on so come back--it should be a good time!

2 comments:

Blogger said...

Find out how 1,000's of individuals like YOU are earning their LIVING online and are living their dreams TODAY.
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT

Blogger said...

I have just installed iStripper, so I can have the sexiest virtual strippers on my desktop.