Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thankful Thursday

Hi Girls-

You've made it through more than half the work week?  Whoo hoo!  For that alone, I am thankful but I am trying to resurrect some of my old "day of the week" posts and I really enjoyed doing Thankful Thursday's.  Plus, it makes me more aware of what was going on in my life at a specific date and time when I look back on it months from now.

So, let's get to it.  Here's what I'm thankful for today:

  1. I'm thankful for Lipstick Queen lipstick in the color Float--honestly I believe it is my most favorite all time shade ever!
  2. I'm thankful for having a great job that I love that allows me to afford unexpected things like a busted sewer pipe last week and a super expensive trip to the vet on Monday.
  3. I'm thankful for Bailey's mudslide coffee creamer.  I really only drink coffee for the creamer--you know, if I could I would order it at Starbuck's like this--"I'll have a Grande Mocha Latte, non fat, no whipped, light on coffee, heavy on mocha"
  4. I'm thankful for my daily devotional "Daily Wisdom for Women 2015 Devotional Collection" that I started on January 1st.  It is so encouraging and really has gotten me in the habit of spending daily quiet time with God.  I think it will be fun to look back on this a year from now and be able to read what my thoughts were in my journal and how my walk with Him develops throughout the year.
  5. I'm thankful for my church, Hope City Church in Harrisburg, NC that I now consider to be my home church.  I grew up and spent over 30 years attending another church and last year decided to step out due to various reasons and start searching for a new home.  I attended Hope City (at that point High Rock Church) in April and kept gravitating back to it even after visiting several other places.  I started serving this past weekend and really think that my faith will flourish there.  It's pretty exciting!   
  6. I'm thankful for Netflix.  I signed up on Friday night when I found myself stuck in DC after missing the last flight home following a business trip.  I can't believe what I was missing and now I am captivated by watching every single episode of "One Tree Hill".
  7. I'm thankful for my NuWave oven that I made a delicious turkey breast in last night that will feed me for the next few days.
  8. I'm thankful that I live in the South---no explanation needed.
  9. I'm thankful for Instagram.  I know it sounds funny to be thankful for that but I find it really fun to be silly, serious, honest and frankly just to document my life day to day.  My sister created a Shutterfly album for me using most of my 2014 photos from Jan-Dec and it was my most favorite Christmas present I received.  If you'd like to follow me and see all my crazy shenanigans, my username is nc30grits.
  10. I'm thankful for my faith and the freedom I have to worship as I choose.
Alright gals, it's your turn! What are you thankful for?

0 comments: