Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thankful Thursday

Hi Gals-

Happy Thursday! During my devotional time every morning, I thank God for all the things in my life--providing me with a roof over my head, food in my belly and family & friends that would take a bullet for me.  It's amazing how blessed I am---even when I feel like it's the end of the world.  But Thursday's on my blog is a time to be reflective on the simple things in life that I am oh so thankful for!

  • I am thankful for the Golden Girls.  This is by-far one of my most favorite TV shows ever and is what I also see as the original Sex & the City. 
Remember this episode?  When the girls decide to get in shape.  Jane Fonda look out!
  •  I'm thankful for Oreo's.  Come back tomorrow for Confessional Friday link up to know why.
  •  I'm thankful for this!  No explanation needed.
  • I'm thankful that I crossed another one of my 36 Things to do off my list.  I ate brussel sprouts and the best thing is that I didn't hate them.  That could be because they were served with meatballs and cheese but hey, it was still brussel sprouts.  Little over 3 months to go to complete all my things--I best get a move on it.
  • I'm so thankful I live down South and don't have to deal with any of the weather my friends have to contend with up North.  No wonder so many people move down past the Mason-Dixon line.
  • I'm thankful for Q-tips.  Honestly, I'm obsessed with the little sticks of heaven. 
  • I'm thankful for the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes".  I recorded it on Monday and have watched it every night. As I type it right now, Evelyn is taking her sexual knowledge class and the ladies were told to "slip off their panties" to explore themselves with a hand mirror.  Evelyn being quite taken back about this next step in class was looking a bit startled when the instructor asked, "Do you have a problem with your sexuality?"  to which she replied, "No ma'am, but I do have a problem with my girdle."  Ha!  I seriously LOL every single time. 
  • And finally, because of the last thankful truth listed above, I am thankful for my Spanx and for all the support they've given me over the years.  You guys rock!
Alright girls, random, yes but true facts for me this week! 

0 comments: