Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thinking Out Loud Thursday--This Week is Lasting Forever...

Hi Girls-

I love me a good meme card (now that I know they are called that).  And one day, I think I might do a whole post with just them.  But in the meantime and in honor of Friday eve, here's my meme of the day :)


OK, now that we've got that out of the way, let's get to the task at hand.  It's link up with Vanessa over at X-Tremely V and Penny over at Penny's Passion for a little thing called:
X-tremely V

Wowza, I have had a crazy week!  You know the kind where you don't even know what day it is because the bad ones just seemed to blend altogether.  Yep, that's what I had over the last 4 days. 

So, here's what's on my mind on this super chilly, beautiful NC day:
  • I am sooooo tired of cold weather.  But we got great snowball, sledding, snowman kind've snow last night. And who am I kidding, it's beautiful!  Below is what I woke up to this morning..but I still say bring on Spring! 
  • Tuesday was a horrible day!  Not only was it the anniversary of my father's passing but it was also by far, the worse travel day I have ever experienced---like ever!  I was traveling to Ft. Wayne, Indiana by way of Chicago but it was only going to be a day trip. I woke up at 3:30am after getting to bed a little late and was already super exhausted.  But I got up, got dressed and was in my car at 4:28am to leave for the airport.  Only my car wouldn't start---battery was dead.  It's 4:30 in the morning y'all--I can't call anyone at this time and get them to my house in time to not miss a 6:35am flight.  So, I got on my Uber app and fortunately, there was a driver 5 minutes away.  Now before you get all cray cray about Uber, I've used it for several months now and although it can be a little different because it's just a regular person in a car picking you up, I've not had a bad experience yet.  OK, back to the story.  Uber driver picks me up at 4:45am and it now starts snowing.  We get to the airport, I'm checked in, get myself a Starbuck's Vanilla Iced Coffee and board the plan at 6:05am.  Everything is looking up.  Until, the plane is informed that there is no Captain for the flight.  Come to find out the original pilot had gotten sick and the pilot on-call was an hour away.  So, we sat and sat and sat on the plane for over an hour while I watched the snow build up on the engine and wing from the window seat I had.  After the pilot finally got there and we de-iced, I felt 99% certain that I was going to miss my connection.  Which I did--by 5 minutes!  What's a girl to do now?  I ran back to the original gate and got back on a plane to Charlotte because the meetings that I was going for started at 11:30 and 1 and the next flight to Ft. Wayne wouldn't get me in until 2.  Just so you know, USAirways calls this a "Trip in Vain" and were very nice and refunded me the whole amount of the ticket.  I literally spent 20 minutes in Chicago.  I get back to Charlotte, took an Uber home, called AAA, got my battery checked, they determined I needed a replacement, took it to Toyota to get a replacement (oh and they informed me I had some recalls) and after 2 hours I was finally back home.  Whew, that was stressful just reliving that day. 
  
  • I have a date tomorrow night y'all!  And I'm really excited!  I'm not going to go into details yet (of course I'll share all the good, bad or ugly details about it later) but as my bloggy family, I just wanted you to know. 
  • I really love to cook but I just haven't done it in forever due to my recent travel schedule and because, well let's face it, a bowl of cereal is worth not messing up a ton of dishes.  But I was craving something different so I had a bowl full of mussels in a tomato broth with French bread and a glass of wine.  So scrumptious!
  • Speaking of food, I think I mentioned last week that I was trying to be more healthy--which means eating better, drinking an obscene amount of water and exercising more regularly.  The water and exercise I can do--it's the food part that messes me up and this is exactly how I feel:  Struggle is real y'all!
OK gals, that's all I have for today! Come back tomorrow for Friday Favorites!  I've got a few items that I'm sure you'll want to stock up on!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

loved the pictures, a tough week, but you got through it

Penny @ pennyspassion.blogspot said...

What a Tuesday you had!! Good luck on your date -- I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's fabulous.

Deena Simair said...

hahaha- I just bought mussels this week because I had a hankering for them. Is hankering even a word? Whatever.

Megan said...

Those ecards!!!! lol

Vanessa Roberts said...

I can't even imagine no pilot! UGH! And wow do you go all out when it comes to a meal! lol! I have never had mussels (and I probably never will)! Yeh for date nights! Good luck :)

Jenny Morgan said...

Yes, it was quite the experience and believe me, dinner doesn't happen too often anymore (cereal is usually what it is). And thanks for the luck! Happy Thursday!

Jenny Morgan said...

I am SOOOO obsessed!

Jenny Morgan said...

Hiya Dee--yes, I love mussels! And yes, it is a word :)
hankering:
[ ˈhaNGkəriNG ] NOUN noun: hankering
a strong desire to have or do something:
"a hankering for family life"

Jenny Morgan said...

Thanks for the good luck wishes! I can't wait to tell everybody about it.

Jenny Morgan said...

Thanks so much Michelle! And thanks for reading!

Lana L. said...

I know all of you on the east coast are tired of winter - but the snow looks so pretty! We haven't had any this year and I kind of miss it. Can't wait to hear about your date :)!