Monday, February 23, 2015

Weekend Recap: A Whole Bunch of Jesus and Birthday's

Hi Girls!

Happy Monday y'all!  I hope you had a super fantastic weekend--mine was crazy busy and it flew by faster than a jar of Nutella lasts in my house but overall it was fun and productive.  I found this meme card while searching for something inspirational to start the week off right but when I saw this I deemed it so much more appropriate to how I was feeling versus some inspiration blah blah blah.


I didn't get home until late Friday night, although I took an earlier flight from Florida.  I was able to get on an earlier flight back to NC but I was literally in the last seat (34F) in the very back row of the plane---like I was the last person to get off the plane.  I can't believe I didn't take a picture of it.  After I landed, I had to go to the grocery store to get all the makings for breakfast on Saturday morning for my ladies Life Group as well as some stuff for my B-I-L's birthday party on Saturday night.

Can I just say that I seriously {heart} my church and I even more than {heart} my ladies Life Group?  Saturday was our first meeting of 2015---I sure did miss those girls during break.  What's perfect about these ladies is that they are all women of God who are so lovely and share what's on their heart.  We are a mix of different ages ranging from 25 to ??? (some of the gals might be reading this, lol) but it doesn't matter---we all mesh together so very well!  They have truly made a difference in my journey with Christ since starting with them last Spring when I decided to step out in faith and start searching for a new church.  We have group at my house (because y'all know I love any opportunity to entertain) and this semester we are reading the book 24 Hours That Changed the World by Adam Hamilton.  I don't have any feedback on it yet because I haven't started but I can't wait to fill y'all in on my thoughts.

 

On to super exciting news, this gal here has gotten a big girl camera :)  I think I've mentioned before that I'm a QVC lover.  Well, last week I received an email about their Monday Today's Special Value---if you don't speak QVC that's just their deal for the day.  Anywhoodle, I debated about it (because if you've been reading my blog, you know I put myself on a budget) but I decided to go for it anyway because it was a super great deal.  My friend Deven was here when I opened the box and let me be the first to say that I can't put anything together if it has more than one part.  Like I would have a serious panic attack if I had to put together any piece of furniture from Ikea!  Well, this didn't have any parts other than the strap---yes, that's right the strap y'all and after much frustration from said new camera owner, I turned over the reigns to put it on for me.  And y'all, she had to look up a video on her phone about it.  So, imagine my concern for myself in getting this brand new fancy camera that I know has more features than I'll probably ever know about and I can't even put the darn strap on.  Regardless, after watching the video 7 times, we got it on and after a quick battery charge I was off and rolling.  Be warned, I will be posting lots and lots of photos now.

The camera couldn't have come at a better time because I was able to test it out at the birthday party of my most favorite brother-in-law ever.  Mind you, he's my only brother-in-law but I can't imagine anyone else in the world having a better one than me. 

I love cookbooks in general but this was one of my momma's cookbooks that was made by the ladies in our church.  Y'all know there is nothing better than a church women's cookbook.  I actually have a recipe in here as well for bologna & cheese roll-ups.
 
The birthday boy and all his young glory!



I'm not kidding that these were the best tasty treats ever y'all---pimento cheese baked in a phyllo cup and topped with a pepper jelly.  Y'all---like seriously soooooo good!
My beautiful sister and B-I-L
Sunday morning was spent at church and than this was my afternoon.  I have a million things to do but I've been running non-stop crazy over the last few weeks and decided that I was going to have a completely lazy Sunday.  So, I caught up on my magazine reading, snuggled under my warm fuzzy blanket with my dogs, watched a few Lifetime movies and took a nap.  Perfect, perfect day!

Speaking of birthday's, my BFF celebrated her birthday yesterday.  I can't begin to describe how I feel about this gal.  We've been BFF's for 23 years---like wowza, 23 years, how can that even be?  And y'all, we've been through everything but I can't imagine not doing this crazy thing called life with her.  This was our 10th grade prom picture.  Oh my, look how young we were?  Here's to another 20+ years of friendship!  I love you to the moon and back!

Alright gals, I have some great stuff lined up for this week!  But to give you another funny to end with, I'll leave you with this.  I chose this partly because I'm a super fan of Golden Girls and also because I adore Prince.  Megan this is also for you too---my LLBF :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

The Golden Girls and Prince!!!!!!! I LOVE it!!!!! This is great!! and that meme is hysterical....poor lady! :)

Jenny Morgan said...

LOL Megan! I knew you would appreciate it! Happy Monday!

Lana L. said...

Can I join your women's group and come eat at your house? Everything looks delicious! Prince and the Golden Girls - so funny!!!!

Jenny Morgan said...

Sure thing Lana 😉. It's a great time with even greater women!