Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Favorites

Hi Girls!

We made it!  I'm telling y'all that this time change really messed me up this week and I've been tired, a little cranky and felt off centered. Here's to next week and hopefully feeling better adjusted--although I'll be in Vegas for most of it for work and will have to deal with an even different time change.

And for my Friday meme...ok, so it's true that I work from home and can't leave work doing this but I've got friends who live for 5 o'clock Friday's like Dolly and the gang from 9-5.  Time to punch out peeps!


It's time for Friday favorites with Andrea, Erika and Narci.  I think these are so fun to do and I love reading all the other blogs that link up to see what was great for them this past week. 


Alright gals, let's get to it---here are my most favorite things or moments from this past week!

ONE:
I'm doing the IG photo challenge (#thephotochallenge2015) that Andrea, one of our lovely hostess, posts every month.  I really love doing it in addition to my Daily Challenge (#dailyjenny2015) because she tells us what the object, phrase or thing is everyday to capture.  Anywhoodle, Wednesday's challenge was movie and the first thing that popped into my head was Steel Magnolia's which I've written about here before.  It is one of my most favorite movies ever and there are so many quotes that I use on a weekly basis such as "Pink is my signature color", "I love you more than my luggage", etc.  Well, the photo I chose for the day was the scene where Clairee says that "It's like two pigs fightin' under a blanket." I LOL every time I think about it.  Thank you Jesus for Spanx!
TWO:
Getting ready for summer swimsuit fashion is so easy!  SAID NO ONE EVER!  I hate dieting but it seems like I am on one and have been every single solitary day of my life.  It sucks!  But in the realness of my life, I turn dealing with hard stuff into humor.  Why can't carrots taste like double stuffed Oreos or Thin Mints?  And what's up with the name Thin Mints anyway?  You know you aren't going off of the serving size suggestion on the box--you are eating a whole sleeve!  Am I right?  So enjoy my inner thoughts with these meme's!
THREE:
The weather in NC has been nothing less than incredible.  Although it may have rained a bit on and off, we've had 70+ degree weather---in March!  I've had the windows open in my house most all week and even debated turning on the air yesterday.  However, in true NC weather fashion, it's supposed to get chilly yet again next week!  Make up your mind already Mother Nature!
 
These are the sprouts to my tulips that I brought home from Holland last Summer.   I planted them late and was really worried wouldn't come up!  Yeah!

FOUR:
Cupcakes & Cocktails.  OK, how can I use this as a favorite this week when I just talked about dieting in #2?  But this is my blog and I did partake in the yumminess of two of my favorite food groups this week-cake and booze!  The event I went to earlier in the week served cupcakes and Prosecco.  I had a Capt. & Diet (because y'all know I'm trying to save calories--ha!).  I've been dying to have a cupcakes & cocktails party since I moved into my house--heck, I will throw a party for any type of theme but I think this one would be so fun!  Different flavor cupcakes, champagne, signature cocktail, who wants to come? 
 
OK gals, these are my favorites of the week!  What are your favorites this week?  Make sure you link up with the gals.  Hope y'all have a great weekend!  Come back Monday to get my recap!


19 comments:

Megan said...

ok I am melting in the floor!! Dancing in the living room????? LOVE IT!!! and that meme about Friday is one of my all time favorites!!!!!!

Laura said...

I'm so jealous of your Spring weather! Today is day #6 with no sun and the rain just will. not. STOP!!

Kimm said...

I don't want the cold weather returning!!! I am ready for spring!!!!

Deena Simair said...

swooooon. I love hearing about romantical gestures. Can't wait to hear more about le guy, le pronto.

Jenny Morgan said...

Aww bummer Laura!!! Sending warm thoughts (and weather) hopefully your way soon! If it makes you feel any better, we are supposed to cool down a bit again here. Mother Nature can't seem to make her mind up!

Jenny Morgan said...

It's crazy--I need consistency! Happy Friday! Enjoy celebrating Olivia all weekend!

Jenny Morgan said...

I KNOW!!!! I couldn't wait for you to read it! It's absolutely crazy! And yes, loving the Friday meme but think my fave is the gorilla bathing suit shopping one. Y'all have a super fab weekend!

Jenny Morgan said...

Aww thanks Dee! More le guy news coming shortly! It's crazy and was totally romantical which traditionally has gone against every fiber of my being--but with him I'm loving it! Oh I think I threw up a little bit just saying that---lol! Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!

Jen Cowan said...

Oh yes - please share romanticalness - my husband has a romance meter of 0. He knows it too! Sometime he'll surprise me and then I'm pretty impressed. So please share so I can tell him how awesome other guys are and he needs to up his game!!

Rachel Julia said...

70 in March! I'm moving to NC asap :)
I love that your tulips from Holland are sprouting--how cool!!
Have a great weekend, Jenny!
www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

Shelly Janac said...

I don't think there has been a day after my 14th birthday that I have not thought about the food I'm eating....constant battle..I just think I taste the food more than some people and that's why I can't stop eating!!! And wait...how in the world have I missed out on le guy!!! And if I was closer I would totally come have champagne and cupcakes! When I was in NYC over NYE last year we went to a little place that paird the cupcakes with wine or champagne and it was so yummy.

Katie Mitchell said...

Seriously with the dancing in your living room to ED!! Totally swooning over here...hat a guy!! LOVE IT!!! I only have dance parties for one in my living room..so jealous!! HA!! Have a great weekend!!

Lana L. said...

I love that song - what a romantic night :)! Cupcakes and Steel Magnolias - I think we could be best friends! Have a great weekend!

Jenny Morgan said...

LOL Lana! Yep, let's be besties :)

Jenny Morgan said...

I know right?!? I can't make this stuff up! It was totally sweet! And girl, believe me---my past dance parties have been with my pets :)

Jenny Morgan said...

I know right Shelly! It's a struggle everyday---like I workout just so I can eat :) And yes, I've mentioned le guy a few times but still haven't put it all out there so you haven't missed much--more to come. I think the cupcakes & cocktails party is a winner for sure!

Jenny Morgan said...

Come on Rachel! It's actually been gorgeous here--but it can go back to 40 in the blink of an eye :)

Jenny Morgan said...

I will definitely share more---I swear he is giving me enough to write a book. So out of my comfort zone but I am learning to accept it :)

Blogger said...

Get daily suggestions and methods for generating $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY