Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday Girls-
Who's happy it's Friday?  This gal sure is.  I've had a rough week physically.  Because I travel most of the time, I feel my body and mind are both constantly playing catch up but the last few weeks have really done me in and I think it all caught up with me yesterday.  I was exhausted.  After a few flight delays trying to make it home on Wednesday, I finally walked into my house at about 11:30pm.  I had to get up early to take my dogs to their dental cleaning but came home, ate breakfast with my sister and I went back to bed at 10 and didn't get up until 2.  I didn't even write and plan my Friday Favorites until this morning.  I've just felt off all week.

But it's Friday...and I have a full weekend to really do nothing.  I don't have anything planned except my Life Group tomorrow morning and Le Guy is coming home from the West Coast tomorrow night so I get to see him and smooch on his face a little bit.

HAPPY FRIDAY!  LET'S GET TO DANCING!


Alright y'all, let's get down to it.  I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika and Narci for some Friday Favorites.


ONE:
Let's talk about my favorite product of the week.  It's Spring!  Yeah!  And what comes with Spring--a whole bunch of sandals, open toed wedges, flip flops, etc are all part of my shoe rotation.  With that being said, I've always struggled with cracked heels.  When I was in Vegas last week, I wore flip flops during most of my sight seeing travels so when I came home I was dealing with a horrible crack on my right foot that was painful to the point of not even wanting to put all my weight down to avoid it.  That is until I picked up this beauty at CVS of all places.  Y'all--I slathered this on Saturday night and by Sunday I was in good backless shoe condition.  It works--like for reals!


TWO:
This was my favorite meal of the week--hands down!  Since I travel so much I have the opportunity to eat at many delicious restaurants.  Well y'all, this was one of them.  This place was called the The Ginger Man and it is located in Norwalk, CT or SONO (Southern Norwalk).  They have tons and tons of beers and to this beer fanatic, I was in love.  I chose the Wachusett blueberry beer from MA and it was amazing.  But they also had an eclectic menu and my meal that night was duck confit quesadillas. They were unbelievable!!!!!
 

THREE:
My favorite FB picture of the week is this!  I giggled and LOL when I saw a FB friend of mine post this to another friend who had asked for her delicious pancake recipe. 
 
FOUR:
This is my favorite WHATEVERUCALLIT (said in my best Data voice from the Goonies).  I love blogger world and I love the friends that you make through this.  Megan from More Sweet Tea Please? is one of those gals that I feel so blessed to have "met" through this crazy blog life.  She has been encouraging through sweet emails, left me sweet comments on my blog posts but the best thing she has (other than being a rockstar wife & momma) is her crazy love of meme's like myself.  I live for finding the best meme's of the day to post on this blog or IG.  And it's amazing some of the subjects you can find.  Well, when I was feeling down in the dumps about my flights delays on Wednesday and really wanting to get home I get a text from this crazy gal and she immediately lifted my spirits.  I was laughing so loud that people were staring at me...probably thinking I was all cuckoo for cocoa puffs but I didn't care.  When I was boarding, a lady that was sitting near me during my personal comedy routine said, "Gosh, I wish I could've been reading what you were."  This is the reason why I'm so happy I started this blog!  I would never have had the opportunity to "meet" this awesome gal.




Alright gals, hope you all have a super fantastic Friday and an even more amazing weekend!  Come back on Monday for my weekend recap.

9 comments:

Shelly Janac said...

Umm....sadly we also have cracked heels in common and I am so going to check this out. Gladly we have beer in common..I seriously love going to a restaurant with a huge beer selection. Have a super weekend Jenny!

Katie Mitchell said...

Hilarious texts! "Le Guy" reveal was awesome!! Sounds like a sweetheart and so supportive of your blog!! Tell him we can't wait for the post all about him! :) Have a great weekend!!

Lana L. said...

Hope you get a chance to rest and recharge this weekend! "Le Guy" seems like he has a great sense of humor - which is number one on my must have in a man list! Can't wait to hear all about him.

Megan said...

Love this post!!!! Le Guy picture makes me super happy!!!! and then all the sweetness you wrote about me!! I am so grateful for our "blogging friendship"!!! You are awesome!

Jenny Morgan said...

Ugh on the cracked feet---my sister picked some up this weekend and is already in love. But I'll warn you, it doesn't smell the best---BUT hey, if it works, I'll use it. And yes girl on the beer menu---we have quite a few local breweries around here and I'm in love.

Jenny Morgan said...

LOL! Yes, oh beer--unfortunately it is not as good for my waistline but I am not a Michelob Ultra kind've gal unfortunately. And LOL on the reveal---I didn't even prompt him for it which is why I thought it was even funnier. Happy Monday!

Jenny Morgan said...

IKR?!? Megan is a hoot and I thought the "reveal" was awesome as well. He really is super funny and I know that he so wants to read it but is waiting for me to give him the go-ahead. I don't want him thinking I'm all cray cray. BTW, my first Hello Fresh order is coming next week--so excited!

Jenny Morgan said...

Much needed rest and relaxation occurred this week Lana! And Le Guy really is a great sport--if only he knew all the stuff I'll probably be writing about him after I really reveal all about him. :) Happy Monday!

Jenny Morgan said...

Aww, you kept me laughing like crazy time! I'm also grateful for our "blogging friendship". You rock!