Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Friday!

Hi Girls-

Happy Friday!  While most of you ladies are all snuggled warm in your beds, I sit in the Vegas Airport typing this wonderful post waiting on my flight at 1am.  Ugh!!!  I know I did this for a reason so I wouldn't waste my whole Friday but dang y'all, I am seriously questioning that decision right now.  Like for reals!

My meme of the day has nothing to do with Friday but I have laughed about this all week long!  Ha!  Don't mess with my shoes!

Alright gals, I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika and Narci for another edition of Friday favorites.
Most of my favorites this week hail from the great state of Nevada.  I'm going to do a recap on Monday and show y'all what I was up to this week but because it's 11:12 at night on Thursday right now my mind can't handle that much. 

ONE:
Before I get to Vegas, my first favorite has to be my Spring Cheer Exchange package I received this week from Shelly over at Queen in Between.  If you didn't catch my post about it yesterday, check it out here.  Shelly's box certainly brightened my day and made my week.  She was spot on with everything she purchased--it's like I've known her forever.  Thanks again Shelly!

 TWO:
These are some of my favorite shots from the plane on Tuesday.  I actually really enjoy flying, probably because I do it so much and I will never, ever get tired of this view.
 
 THREE:
My favorite meal of the week came from this place...Rao's in Caesar's Palace.  I'll share more on Monday when I do my recap but let's just say I ate here two years ago and I've been dreaming about their Spaghetti with Bolognese sauce ever since.  Like it's that good!
FOUR:
My favorite FB picture of the week from a friend was this.  Y'all I don't know why I found this so funny but I did!  And I've laughed out loud every time I've looked at it.  Perhaps, it's my delirium from utter exhaustion or that I just have a weird sense of humor.  But if you don't get this, I'm sorry, we just can't be friends anymore!  :)
 FIVE:
I did a lot of touristy things while in Vegas but visiting Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum was by far one of my most favorite things I did.  I took a million photos and if you follow me on IG, I am sorry---I got a little photo happy!  Anywhoodle, one photo I saved for the blog is this one.  This is my "You get a car and you get a car and you get a car" Oprah face.  I'm going to be completely honest in saying that some of these figures were a little creepy--especially the Shaq one because he had an obscene amount of armpit hair.  I guess I never noticed this before, probably because I don't follow basketball but all I can say is "Ewwww"---said in my best Jimmy Fallon voice.
 SIX:
And lastly, let's talk about gambling.  I mean, it's Vegas, right?!?  OK y'all, I hate losing my hard earned money.  I gave myself a gambling budget of $100 but when I lost the first $25 playing $1 slots, it really hurt my feelings so I decided to keep the rest so that I could buy myself something nice at Target when I got home.  Well, when I got to the airport, I decided to give it another shot and played the quarter slots but all I was going to gamble was $10.  And girls, I hit it big!  OK, not that big but I won $62!  That's a big enough deal for me! 
 
Vegas, you were fun!  Can't wait to do it again another time--maybe with le guy (who I missed a whole, whole bunch while I was gone). 
 
Alright gals, those are my favorites for the week!  What are your favorites?  Be sure to come back on Monday where I'll be recapping my whole Vegas trip---food, fun & Wayne Newton!

14 comments:

Megan said...

bahahahhahaha!!!!!!!! Shrimp on the Barbie!!! hysterical and I had to read the meme several times because I was cracking up!!! These are totally making my day!! ;)

Laura said...

Loved all your pics on IG this week and here. You are too funny! But I'm still pouting over that Spring gift exchange thingy. When you said you were going to keep the rest of your money to buy something at Target when you got home, I smiled because that is so me! Not a gambler either, but congrats on your winnings! Hope you made it home safely! Now sleep off that jet lag!

Deena Simair said...

Your Vegas pictures on IG keep me smiling, so full of energy! And also, love that first meme. AMEN.

Kimm said...

Loved seeing all your pics this week! Hope you got home safe and sound

Jen Cowan said...

of course you have to say shrimp on the Barbie is your most Aussie of accents too. Hahaha.
Have fun in Vegas! I went once 2 years ago for a business conference. Let's just say Vegas by yourself is not fun! Can't wait to see a recap.

Lana L. said...

It was so much fun to see all your Instagram pics from Vegas. My sister and I went to Madame Tussaud's when we were in Vegas for one night last year. We went late at night and there was no one else there - and we completely freaked ourselves out!

Shelly Janac said...

I have been to the wax museum in Vegas and Hollywood....we have so many pix taking pix with the statues or whatever they are called. So much fun! I seriously saw some salt/pepper shakers at target tonight that look like little pots...they were orange with turquoise tops and I was like oh my goodness why didn't I find this last week!!!

Jenny Morgan said...

I really had so much fun at the museum! Lots of pictures up on the blog tomorrow that I didn't already share on IG. And now I have to go to Target :)

Jenny Morgan said...

Oh, thank you Lana! It was fun posting all of them! I will totally go back to the museum but I think if I was there by myself I may have freaked out a little myself.

Jenny Morgan said...

Of course ;) I had a blast and made the most of it even though I was by myself too (I have a million selfies now) LOL!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thank Kimm! Yep, home safe and sound just to leave again. Got your email, will send you a text this week to get up soon :)

Jenny Morgan said...

Glad I could give you a smile--I really did have a lot of fun! Plus I think I had an IV of coffee attached almost the whole time I was there LOL. And yes, #truth to the shoe meme, right?!?

Jenny Morgan said...

LOL, thanks Laura! Oh and you have to get on the next Cheer Exchange. It really was neat and I was super stoked when I realized it was a blogger that I already follow :) And yes girl, I hate losing my hard earned money--so glad I came out on top (even if it was only $27).

Jenny Morgan said...

LOL girl---I knew you would be the first one to comment on the Shrimp on the Barbie. HAHAHAHAHA!