Monday, March 30, 2015

Happy Monday Y'all! Weekend Recap Time

Hi Gals-

Hope you all had a super fantastic weekend!  I promised you last week after my "glass is half full" meme that I would be back to my normal self today and I am...Monday's suck!  And this comes from a person that works from home and doesn't really have a set schedule. 

So, last night I went to bed gung-ho (is that how you spell that?) about Operation Swimsuit.  You ladies know what I'm talking about, right?  Summer is just around the corner and girls, my body is not ready to see the likes of a bikini or tankini---oh hell, let's be real, I'm not ready for a mumu.  BUT, I got a FitBit over the weekend after the encouragement of my girlfriend and was all ready to start out the morning right.  I had set my alarm for 5am to go to the Y to get some cardio on first because I had my regularly scheduled workout with my trainer at 645.  Well, wouldn't you know that I turned off my alarm and went right back to sleep.  I did go work out with my trainer but that just means that I still have cardio to do---ugh!  And today is a cold, rainy, yucky day in NC!  Dang, who turned off the heat?  It's Spring!  As a sidebar, I am really liking the Fitbit Flex, although I have only been wearing it for 4 hours. 

OK, so what did y'all do over the weekend?  Mine was surprisingly quiet and I kind've enjoyed it.  Le Guy was traveling for work this past week and wasn't back in town until late Saturday night.  Friday I did a little retail therapy at my home away from home, Target, but not for me--well, for my house but not really for me.  My sister helped me bring over my twin bed from my old house Friday afternoon so I could put it in the kids room.  I have a guest bedroom but wanted to put my other bed up just in case the kids decided to sleep in there (even though I know they will still sleep with me).  I think it turned out super cute even though my anxiety level increased a little bit since the wood doesn't all match but oh well.
Saturday morning, my Life Group gals came over and we had a great time of food and fellowship.  Instead of taking a nap like I really wanted to, I decided to overhaul my closet and transition out of Fall/Winter.  I didn't realize what an undertaking it would actually be but 4 hours later and 4 of these containers and my closet is officially Spring/Summer oriented!

Sunday was pretty routine except that I had the kids after church.  After a super healthy meal at Sonic's (hey, I knew Operation Swimsuit was happening today so I planned ahead), the kids and I settled in for a lazy Sunday.  Before I knew it, all 3 of them were knocked out.  I am so blessed to be in these babies lives.  #mycuprunnethover

 

I find this photo so funny.  No puppy was harmed during the taking of this photo but it sure does look like she is strangling her, doesn't it?  I would've posted it on IG but thought people might go all PETA on me.
Totally unrelated to the weekend other than I saw this picture on Saturday but if you've followed this blog for any amount of time, you know I'm a big fan of Sex & the City.  I love me some Sarah Jessica Parker---all the way back to Girls Just Want to Have Fun and if you didn't know, she launch a shoe line (last year I think).  Anywhoodle, I follow her on IG and she posted this picture.  I am a huge lover of all shoes with heels.  I think it makes my legs look longer and leaner and I've been told that for every inch on your heel you look 5 pounds thinner so as far as I'm concerned give me a 4-5" heel and I'm good to go!  But some shoes just don't work for everyone and this picture is complete evident of that.  You may have to click on the photo to get the full effect but don't the feet in the gold heels look painfully squished in--like a can of Vienna sausages.  SJP, girlfriend I love your shoe line although I'm pretty sure I can't afford it but take notice of photos you are posting for advertising purposes :)
 
Alright gals, that's all I have for you this morning!  I've got some fun posts planned for the week so be sure to come back and check them out!

13 comments:

Shelly Janac said...

Have a great week Jenny!

Lana L. said...

My husband has a fitbit that he never uses - I think I need to hijack it! Your weekend sounds like fun. Le Guy seems so sweet :), and the kids are precious! I love SJP shoes too, but I just can't do high heels anymore - my feet can't take it. Plus they're all so tall, and then I look like an Amazon woman :)! Have a great week!

Laura said...

I keep debating over the Fitbit!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thanks Shelly!

Jenny Morgan said...

So far (again, only a day in), I like it! I need that extra accountability. Totally hijack it ;) And I couldn't live without my heels--remember, I want to be tall like you :) Have a great week too!

Jenny Morgan said...

I'm liking it even though it makes me super aware how working from home makes it tough to get in all my steps for my goal. I'm going out for a job in a little while so hopefully that will get me up to speed--either that or I will pass out from not working out in forever :)

Deena Simair said...

Ha! I was over eager last when I set my alarm for an early morning workout. When will I realize that I just don't do morning workouts!??

Megan said...

I am not liking the operation swimsuit but I am totally there with you! :( If we lived close we would for sure be work out partners. Oh and tell Le Guy he wins in my book since he wears converse!! :)

Kimm said...

Operation swimsuit sucks. And I am laughing out loud about the girl in he gold heels.

Jenny Morgan said...

Aww, thank you Katie! Yes, I think so too! And unfortunately, no, he's an only child ;)

Jenny Morgan said...

Yes girl, yes it does! And IKR about the girl in the gold shoes! I was like, "What?!?"

Jenny Morgan said...

Totally we would be work out partners---but I feel that we would be laughing too much or finding funny meme's or watching Scandal or doing pretty much anything other than working out ;) And yes on the Converse :)

Jenny Morgan said...

Girl, I totally feel that way too---I just think I should give up on the notion altogether and just know that when that alarm goes off, I'm just kidding myself :)