Monday, March 2, 2015

Just Another Manic Monday...

Hi Girls--

Happy Monday!  Who's wishing it were Sunday? And for my meme of the day (well, I guess this really isn't a meme but I thought it was super funny and it's my blog so...)

If Monday were a facial expression, this is what it would be :)
Wowza, what a crazy whirlwind weekend!  Friday morning started off with a big conference call I had planned by getting cancelled--yeah me, early start to the weekend!  Because of this early release, I took off to one of my fave local boutiques, Southern Charm, for a little retail therapy and I found these little beauties.  They were marked down for winter to only $25 and she only had one pair left and they were in my size---I considered that to be Fashion Fate and snatched them up.

 
Friday afternoon I spent at the vet picking up my fur-baby's new super expensive Spring coat.  OK, so it's not meant for the fashion conscious but my girl's shoulder keeps dislocating and surgery isn't an option so we had this one custom made by DogLeggs.  I'm just praying that it works and she starts using her front leg again and that we don't have any more issues moving forward. 


OK, now let's get down to the good stuff.  If you read my Friday favorites, you know that I had a date that I was pretty excited about.  We actually went out Saturday and Sunday night as well.  Now y'all know if you've been reading here for awhile that I am all about sharing the personal deets of my life here on le blog but I'm going to hold back a little bit on this.  He knows I have a blog but has agreed not to read it until I give him the go ahead because he said he wants to learn about me through me and not by reading what I've written about before him.

Now, let me back up just a tiny bit because on the date on Friday night, I ate something that definitely didn't agree with my tummy and I awoke with a horrible sickness on Saturday morning and was sick pretty much all day---even to the point that I cancelled my hair appointment that afternoon because I didn't think I could sit in the chair for two hours with the constant waft of chemicals.  Y'all know I had to be sick if I cancelled my hair appointment, right?  It takes months to reschedule. But I channeled my inner G.I. Jane and toughed it up anyway to meet up with le guy who asked me over to his place to make me dinner. Due to my sickness and the fact that I hadn't eaten in over 24 hours, I was only to eat about  two bites of it.  He is a fantastic cook and what I ate was super delicioso!  And he was sweet about it and was pretty impressed that I came over ill---even though I left early, wore sneakers, leggings and my hair in a ponytail (gasps).  Thank you Pepto-Bismol & Gatorade for keeping me mobile!

It was a quiet weekend on Instagram for me but if you already follow me (nc30grits is my username), you've seen these but here are a couple of my faves.

Last of the snow!  Thank you Jesus--Hallelujah!

It's Electrifying!

I have two littles who apparently hid the "L" and "Y" from my St. Patty's decorations while they were playing here during their snow day last week.  I can't find them anywhere.   
Speaking of Instagram, here is Andrea's March #photochallenge2015.  I've had so much fun doing these the last 60 days and it's a great way to get to know other fellow 'grammers & bloggers.  I'll also be linking up with her blog tomorrow on showing y'all my favorite room in my house. 
Alright gals, that's all I have for the day!  Happy March & Happy Monday!  Spring is only 18 days away!

11 comments:

Megan said...

EEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!!! I can not wait for you to share the details!!! 3 nights in a row!! So awesome! ;) I love the picture of your puppy with that electrifying hair!!! Cracks me up! ;) Have a super day! ;)

Katie Mitchell said...

Three nights in a row?!?! YAY!! So fun!! Can't wait to read more!!! :) Have a great week! I've fallen off the photochallenge bus lately, but I suppose I could get back on...seeing as yesterday's prompt was LATE!! HAHAHA

Deena Simair said...

Congrats on a winning weekend!

Deena Simair said...

GET ON IT, KATIEEEEEEEEE

Jenny Morgan said...

EEEEKKKK is right :) I can't even stand it either! And yes, details are forthcoming--but for once I'm being kind've choosy on what to share on the world wide web so soon. I may just send you a message anyway so you aren't in suspense ;) Happy Monday!

Jenny Morgan said...

Aww, thanks Katie! And yes, girl---get back on the bus!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thanks Dee!

Jen Cowan said...

Bring on Spring! I am so ready! Totally jelly of your boots - me and these wide calves LOVE boots, but can never find cute cute ones. #sadpanda

Jenny Morgan said...

Aww, boo! My sister has the same problem. I'll keep my eye out and shoot you the link if I find any wide calves one ;)

Lana L. said...

Yay for three dates in a row. So happy for you and can't wait to hear more when the time is right :)!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thank you girl! More to come for sure :)