Tuesday, March 3, 2015

My Favorite Room...

Hey Y'all-

Happy Tuesday!  Hope you survived Monday--I'll admit it was a rough one for me but it's over and I'm moving on :)  I'm super excited to be linking up with  Andrea for Show & Tell Tuesday.
Today's Show & Tell is showing my "Favorite Room".  I think I'm most excited to get a peek into some of my fellow bloggers so I can borrow (alright, steal) some of their super fantastic interior design ideas. 



When I started thinking about which room I wanted to feature for the blog today, it actually wasn't hard for me at all for me to peg which one to choose.  What's funny is that these two rooms (yes, that's right two because I couldn't choose one and this is my blog) are actually the least used rooms in my entire house---so maybe it's because they are always clean is why I love them so very much.  Or maybe it's because they are the first two rooms when I walked into my house over a year ago that made me decide this is where I want to live :) 

My two favorite rooms are my sitting area and dining room.  Growing up, I remember my grandmother having a beautiful dining room and having special holiday meals in there.  It always seemed so formal and so special when we got to eat in there.  She would use her beautiful China dishes that were stored in her buffet and china cabinet and I remember just feeling 'fancy".  She also had a special sitting area in the front of her house.  It's crazy some of the memories we have and very specific details or smells from things in our childhood some 30 years ago. 

Anyway, after I sold my house in Summer '13, I didn't expect to fall in love with something as quickly as I did.  But when I walked into this house, my house now, I knew this was it.  I've always loved entertaining--having people over, socializing, fellowshipping and I knew this was the perfect house for all the things I had planned to do.  Walking in, the first thing I saw was the beautiful dark hardwood floors and an area that would one day house one of my many Christmas trees and a place that I could store all my "pretty" things.  And joining that room would be my very first formal dining room that now is the home to my grandmother's beautiful dining room table and buffet that I had so many fond memories of as a little girl. It just couldn't be more perfect.

My most favorite colors are turquoise and burnt orange---as evident through most of the pictures you will see below.  Burlap is my most favorite fabric and I have it EVERYWHERE--the wreath on my door, the decorations in my cabinet, my curtains, even the lamp shade.  I'd wear it if it weren't so scratchy. 



I have a mirror to still be hung above my bench--still trying to decide what color to paint it.  My burlap wreath is my most favorite accessory and I keep it hung all year except Christmas.  It was made by my super crafty sister.
My infamous white chair---no one is allowed to sit on it :)  OK, so that's not altogether true--if you are a guest and not part of my inner circle you may sit on the chair.  I will talk about you when you leave but I'll be very polite while you are scooching your booty around in it.  I'm Southern remember?!?
Home Goods is my most favorite store EVER!!!!  And the majority of my accessories in my home have come from there.  My "H" Home pillow is one of my faves--I'm a bit pillow obsessed and it sits by my front door.  Home Goods store is definitely an addiction! 

 
 
 
 
My sister re-upholstered my grandmother's chairs for me and I am in love with them.  I searched forever for something that was perfect and finally found it at a small fabric shop in Charlotte.  We had some extra fabric leftover and I framed it and hung them by the windows. 

 




I adore this sign that I had made by an artist from Georgia I found on Etsy.  She did a couple of pieces for me but this was the first big piece I hung in my house when I moved in. 
I love all things glitter and shine and my orange candles stay up year round. I got them at Pier One many years ago.  Topiaries are from Ikea and gosh y'all, I adore them too!


 Alright gals, hope you enjoyed my home---can't wait to look at y'all's :)

23 comments:

Megan said...

So so cute!!! Turquoise is one of my favorites!!!

Deena Simair said...

Great decor...it's all has so much personality. Love it!

Vanessa Roberts said...

I love that white chair!!!! And your dining room is beautiful! I had my grandma's table, chairs and hutch for many years, but it was on its last leg (it was easily 50 years old). When Xavier came along I knew we needed something that was in better shape so we had a set made in Amish country. Love them!

Erin said...

Absolutely love! That bird cage is such a nice touch.

- Erin (No Bohns About It)

Christina Sotherden said...

How perfect are these two rooms!!
I love all your little touches and accents!!
Definitely taking notes from this!!

Jenny Morgan said...

Aww, thank you so much! I think sometimes I get a little carried away but I love it too :) Thanks for reading!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thanks for reading Erin! And I'm heading over to your blog now :) I love the bird cage too!

Jenny Morgan said...

See, another reason why we are LLBFF :)

Jenny Morgan said...

White chair---practical, no. Pretty, yes! But thank you! I love my dining room too. Mine's almost that old too and believe me, it's nowhere near perfect: the table needs to be refinished and the buffet is stained but I'm so fortunate that the quality then was so different than now. Oh and I'm jelly about your new set--I have a friend who had a bedroom set made in Amish country and the craftsmanship is unreal.

Jenny Morgan said...

Thank you Dee!

timelesspaper said...

Love your topiaries! I had no idea you could get them at Ikea. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today! -Emily

Katie Mitchell said...

Jenny your home is amazing!! So beautiful and bright!! Love the sign you had made and all your fun pillows!! Love that bench too! That is one thing I said i was going to get for my entryway and never did...I have to get on that!

Lana L. said...

I love your decorating style - absolutely beautiful! Someday when the boys move out I want a white chair. I want to redo the decor in my dining room - I need to get to Home Goods!

Jenny Morgan said...

Aww, thanks Nikki and thanks for reading! And yes, I have severe problems with the chair 😳.

Rachel Julia said...

What a beautiful home, Jenny!!
I love the mix of turquoise and burnt orange everywhere!
And I'll be searching for those pretty Ikea topiaries :)
www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

Kimm said...

Love no one can sit in the white chair. So pretty! All of it

Shellie said...

This looks like a magazine spread! It's absolutely beautiful. I had a white couch once, that everyone sat on and it unnerved me! haha!

Jenny Morgan said...

Lol Shellie, completely impractical--I mean I don't even sit on it 😁. But it sure does look pretty! Thanks for reading!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thank you so much Rachel! And yes I'm a bit obsessed with the colors--well that and ️burlap!

Jenny Morgan said...

I get so many decorating things at IKEA--you really can find just about anything there.

Jenny Morgan said...

Aww, thank you girl! I love my bench too and I got it on overstock.com. Such a great place to get some good furniture deals!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thank you so much Lana! Lol--don't get a white chair! Just kidding but it is completely impractical--especially with my OCD ways. And Home Goods is the best ever!

Jenny Morgan said...

I'm crazy, right?!? But it sure looks pretty!