Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday...My Most Embarrassing Moment

Hey Y'all-

Happy Tuesday!  Or as I like to call it "Not Monday" :)  Also, Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I remember in grade school I would purposely not wear green so that the boys would pinch me--yes, I was that boy crazy!  My momma had her hands full!


Anyway, today I am linking up with Andrea for another edition of Show & Tell.  Today's Show & Tell post is all about telling about your most embarrassing moment.  Y'all I've got plenty of these but I chose the best one that I'm sure at least a few of you gals can relate to. 

My most embarrassing moment occurred my very first day of college.  Picture it---Charlotte, 1996, a beautiful Summer day on the campus of UNC-Charlotte (said in my best Sophia from Golden Girls voice).  I was super excited about my first day of school.  I actually do remember it like it was yesterday, even though it was 18 years ago.  I had driven to campus in my dream car with the top down and worn my cutest of cute mint babydoll dresses that had tiny pink flowers dotted all over it with white keds.  I had a new hunter green Jansport book bag.  I was so excited!  I was in college!  I was independent!
Anyway, I had to walk clear across campus for my first class, Psychology 101.  During my stroll, my path would take me past Greek row where all the fraternities and sororities would hang out between classes as well as other sitting areas and tree lined sidewalks with benches.  I noticed that I was getting a lot of attention.  I mean A LOT!  And I honestly just thought, wowza, I must be looking pretty svelte today.  And the gawking continued!  And I got smiles and more stares!  Hey, I'm fresh meat I thought!  I won't have any trouble finding a boyfriend in college.  It took me about 10 minutes to walk across campus and as I was just about to take the steps to the building that my class was being held in, I felt a tap on the shoulder.  I turned around and there was a guy with baggy shorts, a Bart Simpson t-shirt and a Red Sox hat and the conversation went like this, "Hey girl, it's not that I don't think you are hot and it's not that I don't like your panties but I suggest you untuck your skirt from your bag unless you like showing off your goods to everybody."  Y'all, I walked across my entire college campus with my booty exposed for all to see.  THE ENTIRE CAMPUS! 

Looking back, I had two things working for me---1) I had an 18 year old booty and well, sagging and cellulite hadn't taken hold yet and 2) Granny panties had not yet been introduced to my wardrobe.  In spite of these pluses, I was mortified and honestly considered dropping that class so that I never had to walk that same path every again. 

Unfortunately, I've had this occur to me on two additional occasions in my adult life.  And it was still just as embarassing!  Y'all, let a sister know if she's exposing her backside.  Us girls have to stick together, right?!?  Ain't nobody got time for that!

This was fun!  I'm so glad I got to share this with y'all!  Come back tomorrow and get a better look at me as I'll be sharing some interesting facts that you didn't know! 


14 comments:

Megan said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and hunter green jansport backpack..I totally had one and still have it!!! ;)

Shelly Janac said...

Oh my goodness....hilarious. Cannot imagine how mortified you were. Isn't it great when we can look back and laugh at ourselves!

Kimm said...

Omg hilarious!!!!!!

Erin said...

Oh my gosh I am laughing out loud because I LOVE this. And totally relate ;-)

Laura said...

Bless your hear! Eighteen years later.

Deena Simair said...

hahahah. That's awesome!

Jenny Morgan said...

Crazy the things we remember, right?

Lana L. said...

Oh. my. goodness. Totally sounds like something I would do. Thanks for sharing :)!

Jenny Morgan said...

I am so conscious of it now it's crazy, like walking with my hands down by my side holding my dress or skirt down. Oh the madness--lol!

Jenny Morgan said...

I know--it's hard not to laugh!

Jenny Morgan said...

IKR?!?!?

Jenny Morgan said...

Laughter is the best medicine for sure!

Jenny Morgan said...

That's right LLBFF!!!! I know I have mine somewhere, now I must find it!

Jenny Morgan said...

Again, too funny not to share! But I would never want it to happen again :)