Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thinking Out Loud Thursday...10 Questions with Vanessa!!!

Hi Girls-

Happy Thursday y'all!  Whew, I don't know about you lovely ladies but  I lost track of the days this week--maybe it's Daylight Saving.  I haven't slept all too great and my work has been super busy. 

I've loved me some James Van Der Beek ever since his Dawson's Creek days :)

If you were here last week you know that I did 10 Questions over on Vanessa's blog for Thinking Out Loud Thursday with her and Penny.   Check it out here if you didn't and want to get to know me a little better.  Well, this week, I'm super excited to be introducing her to y'all on my blog so you can learn a little more about this super awesome gal. 

So, let's get to it...Meet Vanessa:  the super creative author over at X-Tremely V.  She is an Ohio born and bred gal who is a wife and momma to a super precious boy.  Isn't she the cutest and I am 100% certain that if we lived closer to one another, we would be the best of friends and could gab hours upon hours about stuff!

1.       Tell me something about where you live that no one would know unless they lived there too.

Nothing too exciting happens here in the field (in my opinion), but there are two things that come to mind that you may not know.

First, the movie Shawshank Redemption was filmed at the old prison (Ohio State Reformatory) here and throughout parts of the area. You can even spend the night in the prison!

Another odd fact to me, they serve shredded chicken instead of sloppy joe’s. I had never heard of shredded chicken sandwiches until I moved here! Apparently it is a Richland County thing. Strange if you ask me! I still prefer sloppy joe’s J


 
OK, so seriously, Shawshank Redemption is one of my most favorite movies ever!  And I had no idea where it was filmed---until now!  I'm not saying that I'll be signing up to spend a night in jail but I'll definitely add this as a place I'd like to see!

2.       What’s your guilty pleasure?

Teen Dramas always suck me in! Back when I was a teen it was Beverly Hills 90210. Then it was Dawson’s Creek, One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, 90210 (remake), Gossip Girl, Friday Night Lights, Greek, Jane by design, The OC, My so called life, Ravenswood, etc. My current guilty pleasure fix is Pretty Little Liars. I can’t miss it! Heck, I haven’t missed it..ever! When I am into a show I don’t miss an episode at all. All the shows listed above? I saw every last one of them J #noshame

 
 Yep, this was my TV playlist as a teenager.  I haven't gotten into Pretty Little Liars---yet :)

3.       Do you have a celebrity crush?

Not really. I mean, yeah Justin Timberlake is super talented and good looking. But a crush? No so much. Now I do get in moods where I am totally girl crushing on a celeb because of their clothing style or hair. I have been in darker hair phase recently and I owe that all to my crushes on Jenna Dewan Tatum and Mila Kunis.
 
 
Completely agree--but my crush is totally on these gal's hair...well, that and maybe that Jenna gets to look at the beauty otherwise known as Channing every night :)

4.       If you were stuck on an island and could only bring 3 things (excluding your family—they’ll already be there), what would they be?

Chapstick, sunglasses, and a tablet with wifi so I could email, watch tv/movies, and shop for whatever else I needed :)
 
The fact that this girl is shopping while stranded on an island makes me like her even more :)
 
5.       What’s playing on your iPod (or Pandora, radio, etc) right now?

Don’t laugh, but I don’t own an iPod or use Pandora :/ I am so 90’s when it comes to music…I still listen to the radio and cd’s mostly. Occasionally, I use Spotify, but I like to change the song too much for that.  So if I am not listening to our local Kiss FM station in the morning, I am listening to the country station. And the cd that is on replay in my car is The Outsiders by Eric Church. X loves to sing along and he says that Talladega is “his” song! I love it!
 
6.       Last book you read.

I finished the Duck Commander Family book not too long ago, and am currently reading The Women of Duck Commander. I just love reading about their family, how they created their business, how they all work together, etc. Since Mic and I work together and own our business those books really hit home with me.
 
7.       Favorite Season.

Hands down it would be Fall! Football, PSL’s, pumpkin everything, Halloween, changing of the leaves. What’s not to love?
 
Girl after my own heart for sure!  PSL's are the bomb-diggity.  Does anyone use that phrase anymore?   
8.       Where do you like to vacation?

We actually haven’t gone too many places because we always seem to fall back on going to South Carolina or Georgia. I just low the weather there, the beaches, the ocean, the friendly people, the food, and the fact that we drive there within a day :)
 
9.       What’s one 90’s fashion trend you could bring back if you could?

I wish I had photos of me in these two outfits that I am about to mention, but sadly I don’t L In high school I rocked the baby doll dress and combat boots look, as well as the catholic school girl – short plaid skirt and knee high socks. I would wear each of those combos today if I could and it was socially acceptable :)
 
 
Donna Martin Graduates!  Donna Martin Graduates and "As If"...OMG, I wanted to be these girls when I was a teenager but didn't think I could pull off the look.  Super jelly of Vanessa on this one!
 
10.   If you could have any job for one day, what would it be?

Don’t laugh, but I would totally be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader or a LA Laker girl! I grew up in cheerleading, and my absolute favorite part of it all was dance! I would give anything to be a part of one of those infamous groups and perform with them!
 
When I asked this question, I never in a million years even considered this.  But Straight Up (y'all see what I did there?  That's Paula Abdul in the front.) this is the best answer ever!
 
OK gals, I hope y'all had as much fun learning about Vanessa as I did!  Be sure to go to her blog and link up with her about whatever you are thinking about this Thursday.  I think this was so great doing an exchange like this :) Thanks again girl!

Hope y'all have a great rest of your Thursday and be sure to come back tomorrow to find out what my Friday Favorites are for this week!


    3 comments:

    Megan said...

    Love this!!!! I think we could all totally be "coffee date best friends"!!! :)

    Jenny Morgan said...

    IKR?!? I'm thinking a blogging commune 😉

    Vanessa Roberts said...

    Thanks so much for having me Jenny! Loved answering your questions!