Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thinking Out Loud...Spring Blogger Exchange

Hi Girls!

Happy Thursday!  I've been in Vegas for most of the week for work (I know, rough life) and have been having a fantastic time, although I've spent my time inside a convention center for 8 hours a day.  I'm taking the red-eye at 1am in the morning---UGH! 

In being in Vegas for the last 48 and doing a lot of walking around, I've thought this, oh I don't know, a gabillion times.  Y'all ever feel this way?

Today, I'm super excited to be Thinking out Loud with Vanessa and Penny as well as linking up with Rachel and Astleigh to talk about their most recent Spring Blogger Exchange.  I've been reading Rachel's blog for some time now and found Astleigh on IG a few weeks ago.  I just love them both and was psyched when I saw that they were hosting this exchange.  I immediately signed up.  What it is:  you sign up with Rachel or Astleigh, they exchange your name with another blogger and you ship a box to them based on whatever theme they have chosen--which in this case was "Spring".  I was pumped to participate because who doesn't love getting packages of cool stuff in the mail, right?

Monday morning I was elated because my mail carrier knocked on my door and left a beautiful Spring taped box on my porch.  And then I was a little bummed because I hadn't decorated the outside of the box I sent not one bit...lesson learned for next time.
I was even more elated when I opened up the box and found out who it was from by the sweetest letter written ever.  It was so personal and encouraging---honestly I felt like we've been friends forever!
Shelly is one of my favorite bloggers over at The Queen in Between.  She is an awesome Texas wife and momma (might I also add a fashionista--oh how I swoon over her cute outfits she puts together) and if you haven't read her blog before, you are missing out :)  So, get on over to her blog and check it out! 

Anywhoodle, here's where my excitement increased because now I  knew that it had come from her and I feel like I've gotten to know her since I started reading her fabulous blog.  She always makes she sweetest comments on my blog and her letter was just precious.  So precious, in fact, that I called my sister and read the letter out loud to her.  I am so blessed to have "met" such awesome blogging ladies and Shelly is no exception to that! 

When I opened the box I was so impressed that it was like Shelly was reading my mind on the things that I would like: chocolate, a "J" wall hanger, chapstick, lotion, cute little bunny Kleenexes, Easter decorations, potpourri, stationary (which every good Southern gal needs), a notepad to write down all my crazy thoughts during the day and what tickled me the most was my car freshener in my most favorite of all scents: Gain.  This girl did her homework and I love every single thing that was in the box.  But what I loved the most was the thought that went into the items that Shelly picked up for me! 
And let me tell y'all--it took all of my will power not to post the contents of my box to Instagram until today because if you follow me you know that I love posting pictures (nc30grits is my username).  But I wanted it all to be a surprise for this post. 

OK y'all, this Exchange was so much fun!  If you didn't do it this time, make sure you follow along with Rachel's blog to participate in the next one. 

Come back tomorrow when I'll be sharing my Friday Favorites---most of which are coming all from Las Vegas!

16 comments:

Tanya @Other Side of the Road said...

What a thoughtful surprise! She's one of my favorite bloggers too!

Shelly Janac said...

Glad you loved it! Can't wait to read about Vegas!!

Deena Simair said...

Dang, that looks so fun, I missed the boat on this exchange.

Whitney Smith said...

I found Astleigh through IG too, and just in time to participate ha! Definitely brought spring cheer ;)

Rachel Julia said...

Cadbury mini eggs are my FAVORITE candy ever!
And those eos products are perfect :) :)
Thanks for participating, Jenny!
www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Oh this is awesome!!!! and doesn't she always look great!! Love her style!! ;) Happy Thursday!

Jenny Morgan said...

She does! Y'all know I can post "What I wore" whenever because I'm usually in my Jammies. I live vicariously through you and Shelly!

Jenny Morgan said...

I swear she was reading my mind--can't wait until the next one!

Jenny Morgan said...

It's so great! I loved getting it through snail mail! Thanks for reading!

Jenny Morgan said...

You have to join up next time for sure!

Jenny Morgan said...

Isn't she though?!? She's the best! Thanks for reading--I'm heading over to your blog now!

Jenny Morgan said...

It all was so thoughtful! Again, I can't thank you enough!

Holly said...

She is absolutely, without a doubt - THE BEST! We met during a water aerobics class when we were pregnant 13 years ago! Our families are more than just friends - it's like, well, we're family! Blessed to call her my friend! Happy you got to experience a little bit of that! :)

Astleigh H. said...

What a fun, fun, fun box! I love all the details and the cheerfulness :)

Jenny Morgan said...

It was so great Astleigh! I can't wait to do the next one :)

Jenny Morgan said...

Right?!? I feel like I know here and really was super excited when I realized it was her that sent it to me. She really is super amazing!