Monday, March 23, 2015

Viva Las Vegas & Weekend Recap

Hey Y'all-

Happy Monday!  I am jet setting off to CT this morning but thankfully, it will be a short travel week as I'll be coming home on Sunday.  In lieu of my normal "I Hate Monday" meme, I'm switching it up a bit---let's take on Monday like a boss y'all!  Don't worry, I'll be back to my normal "half is glass empty" cynical Monday morning self next week ;)


I'll recap my weekend first before I dive in to my fun Vegas trip last week. So, last I left y'all on Friday, I was sitting in the airport waiting on a 1am redeye flight home.  I landed around 8:30 in Charlotte and my day just went crazy from there.  I went to pick up my pooches from my sister's house down in SC and had some work stuff that had to get caught up on, especially because I didn't get a lot of work done last week. 

Friday night I had pizza and wine and watched one of my favorite movies of all times...Goonies!  Well, I watched the opening few minutes and I passed out.  I woke up at the "Andy...you Goonie" wishing well scene. 
Saturday, I was up super early for my church ladies Life Group.  I know I've said it before y'all but I am so blessed to have these women in my life.  They are helping me to grow closer to God and I can't even imagine my life without any of these ladies in it.  Afterwards, I had full intentions of doing housework, cleaning out my closet, transitioning all of my Fall/Winter clothes to Spring, etc but I hit the couch at 11:30 and was out until close to 3.  I was exhausted!  Oh, and I got this beauty in the mail!!!  Whoo hoo!  Can't wait to wear this!
Sunday, I was up for the 10am service and served at the 11:30, had lunch with one of my best girlfriends and her two littles at Olive Garden (oh, how those breadsticks are like crack).  I packed up my pooches yet again and headed South. 


Alright y'all...let's talk Vegas!

Ha!  I thought this was so funny!
OK, so I've only been to Vegas 3 times---and each of those times has been for work.  I have decided that my next trip will be with friends because there is so much fun stuff to do.  And it's not all naughty, drinking, gambling stuff--although I did partake in all of those categories.  If you follow me on IG, I posted a ton of food and fun pictures so I'm trying not to duplicate any of those.



I arrived late morning on Tuesday and I may or may not have delayed calling my rep guy by a number of hours to see if he needed any help in set up.  Come on, he's been there since Saturday---I knew good and well that he had everything done by that point (which he had and that's what I pay him for).  So, after a quick shower and change, I headed off for the Vegas Strip and spent the next several hours at the Bellagio & Caesar's Palace just walking around, did a couple slot machines, walked through Prada, Fendi and a number of other stores I couldn't afford anything in and just people watched.  It was fabulous!









Serendipity 3--Frozen Hot Chocolate...I don't even feel guilty about the 100 zillion calories consumed.  I ate every last bite of it! 
 
 
 
After watching the fountain show at the Bellagio, I took a quarter and made a wish before throwing it into the water.  Of course I wished for "To be able to eat everything I want and never gain weight."
 


 
Wednesday was a work day so I spent the from 9-5 in a convention center but after a quick shower and change and reservations made at my favorite Italian restaurant ever I was ready to hit the town.

I mentioned on Friday during my Friday Favorites that this place, Rao's, was one of my favorites.  Y'all, it is delicious!  I ate there two years ago and I've dreamed about their spaghetti ever since.  Plan on spending a little bit of green if you eat here because it's not like Cousin Eddie's buffet from Vegas Vacation but it really is worth every penny.  Best spaghetti Bolognese I have ever eaten! 
 




After dinner, I wanted to work off a few of my carb laden calories so I took another stroll down the Vegas Strip for some nighttime pictures.  I {heart} this city---even though I was by myself!






So, after I was finally able to breathe again from eating so much and doing a bit of walking, I was just in time to buy some last minute tickets to a show that had some great reviews.  Now, if your ears can't handle some foul language and you aren't looking to see some vulgar things, I wouldn't suggest you seeing it.  This is not a family show but there was no nudity.  I liken it to a dirty version of Cirque du Soleil.  It had acrobatics, tap dancing, trapeze, a tight rope act, singing, a girl in a balloon, etc.  I loved it!




My last day in Vegas was Thursday but I knew that I would be have to stay up all night long as my flight wasn't leaving until 1am Friday morning.  After a day at the convention center, I went back to my hotel to relax a little bit and have a beer.  Really I was just killing time because I wasn't ready to start walking around just yet.  When I did venture out, my first stop was Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum.  I have ALWAYS wanted to go to a wax museum.  Here are my observations:  1) It's much easier to go with someone else so that all your photos aren't selfies and 2) Wax museums are a little bit creepy--although I would totally go again. 
I'll be honest, if I could have found a way to get up on this wrecking ball I totally would have!


Finally, I have held hands with my boyfriend Jon Bon Jovi!


 
 



There was a 4D superhero flick that I caught while I was there---movie was boring but the 4D effects were pretty cool.
 
Alright, alright, alright!


Totally, my most favorite pic ever of the evening!


Me & the Babe--my Yankees fan status just totally went up!
 

 
I ended my night before heading to the airport at a candy store inside The Venetian--hello, needed a sugar high to make it the rest of the night.  I ended up with with jelly beans and chocolate.


Alright gals, that's my weekend recap and my fun time in Las Vegas!  I hope y'all all had a great week and weekend.  I'm thinking this week is going to be a hodge podge of blog posts so be prepared.  Have a good rest of your Monday y'all!

6 comments:

Kimm said...

I'm laughing how you were concerned about drooling and snoring! Love it! Safe travels this week

Megan said...

I have never been to Vegas, but would love to!! I have heard that the food is AMAZING!!! The selfies are the best!! :)

Jenny Morgan said...

Girl, let's take a trip ;) Oh and the memes you sent are THE.BEST.EVER!!! You must use those in a blog post. Like for reals!

Jenny Morgan said...

Pathetic right? And I woke up in one of those crazy, "I haven't been sleeping but I just had a dream like I was falling" motions. LOL! Good thing he likes me!

Katie Mitchell said...

Glad you got to have some fun even tho it was a work trip!! LOVE the photos in the Wax Museum!! And loved the sweet fountain story! Have a great week!!

Katie Mitchell said...

Oh and PS- if you need a friend for the next trip to take your photos...I'm so down!! LOL