Monday, March 16, 2015

Weekend Recap...I'm not ready for Monday yet!

Hi Girls!

I know I say this every single Monday...but dang, this weekend went by in the blink of an eye!

#truth #likeforreals

I had a super fantastic weekend and I hope y'all did too!  Weather in NC was gorgeous--a bit overcast at times and some rain on Saturday but 75 degree weather on Sunday in March is nothing to shake a stick at.  So, here's how my weekend went!

I took off a little early on Friday to go to my second home, Target, as I had found an old gift card that I couldn't wait to spend so I got these beauties.  I'm one of those people that if I find something I like, I buy them in multiple colors.  I can't wait to wear these!

Speaking of shopping, I had mentioned a week or so ago that I was dying to get me a tulle Carrie Bradshaw shirt.  I had found a site but was conflicted about ordering one because they were pretty expensive--the one I wanted was just shy of $100 and I just couldn't justify the purchase because I didn't know how often I would wear it.  Well, imagine my surprise when I was getting caught up on my blog reading on Friday afternoon and saw that Ryan over at Loved & Lovely had picked one up here and it was 1/3 of the cost of the one I had found--plus I found an additional discount on retailmenot.com.  I can't wait to show y'all pictures of it once it arrives but here's what it looks like on the site.  I'm so excited!
The guy I'm seeing was working in Raleigh this weekend so I, decided to take the 2.5 hour trek North to spend a little QT with him.  We had dinner at Jimmy V's Osteria & Bar and the food was phenomenal.  If you are in the Raleigh area, I absolutely recommend it.

Saturday morning, I went along with my girlfriend to have her kid's Easter pictures made and my oh my, I can't wait to see how they turn out.  Bunnies and baby chicks and a perfect ivory and burlap background will definitely make them perfect---well, that and the fact that they are the cutest kids ever.  One of her little's spent the afternoon with me and we played with moldable sand, watched Frozen (AGAIN) and Nemo and I tried a million times to convince her to nap because, well Jenny was tired, but she wanted nothing to do with that until her mommy was about 40 minutes away.  But be still my heart, I can't even handle all the cuteness here!


Saturday night, I was finally able to get together with my BFF and celebrate her birthday from last month.  We went to a local place that I've been to a couple of times before that was featured on Diners, Drive-In's & Dives.  Jake's Good Eats gives a modern twist to traditional Southern food and is, in one word, yummy!  Us gals had a wonderful time catching up and eating waaaaay too much food and then indulged in some coffee from another local place where the guy gave me a coffee lesson using the "pour over" method for my iced coffee.  I'll be completely honest in saying that I was engaged for about the first minute and a half but glazed over after that although I am sure everything he was saying was super interesting.  I did take a few pics thought!





Whew, that makes me tired thinking about all I did before Sunday!  And this is exactly how I felt when I got home from my gal pal time on Saturday night---y'all girls know what I'm saying!  Am I right or am I right?
Sunday morning, I had church and then took time to do laundry, straighten up the house, went on a run because the weather was amazing (and I was feeling fat from all the food I ate the last two days) and started to pack for my trip this week.  I had a quick bit at my most favorite French bakery in Charlotte and was so excited to break out my sundress and sandals but this girl needs a tan really, really bad!  I've got to get my sunless tanning on like super quick if I plan to put the dresses in the rotation already!
  
Little Arm Candy Bracelet Party
Dinner is served!  Tomato Crab Bisque, Turkey & Brie sandwich and a hazelnut tart---all washed down with a lavender lemonade!  Smack yo momma good I tell ya!
I swear after writing all that I am in total denial of all the good foods I've been eating lately and the effect it is having on my waist line!  Hibernation mode is officially over!  It's time for sundresses & swimsuit season is just around the corner.  I'll be hitting the gym and protein shakes big time moving forward :) 

I'm traveling out of town for work tomorrow after several weeks of non-travel which has been kind've nice but truth be told, I'm ready to get out of my house.  So, Vegas here I come!  I know, I know---rough life I lead!

Happy Monday y'all!  Come back tomorrow when I'm linking up with Andrea and sharing my most embarrassing moment. 

9 comments:

Kimm said...

What a fun weekend! And we live so close....we have to meet up for lunch or dinner or something ! And girl I am loving the weather !!!!

Ryan Hargrave said...

LOVE! I'm so glad you went for it. Hope you love it! :)

Megan said...

What a great weekend!!! and yes I totally would have went shopping with you at Target!!! ;) That skirt...no words except...NEED!!! :)

Suzy said...

I finally got to read your post--Yippee Skippy!! It was great running into you on Friday :) Have fun in Vegas and safe travels! So happy about Le' relationship for you---my husband sings that song to me and dances with me in the kitchen (even after 16 years!) and I hope this for you...everyone deserves it!!

Jenny Morgan said...

Yeah and I'm so glad I ran into you 😊. It was great seeing you! And how sweet that your hubs still does that after 16 years--I can only hope!

Jenny Morgan said...

It was a great weekend! I immediately thought of you when I ordered it because the price was perfect! Can't wait to get it!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thank you so much for posting! I'm sure I will! Happy Monday!

Jenny Morgan said...

Girl we have to! I would love that--I'll email you my phone number and we'll make plans to meet up sometime soon 😊

Lana L. said...

Your outfit on Sunday was gorgeous! And the food pictures made me hungry. What a fun weekend!