Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekend Recap...Shopping, Jesus, Birthday Parties & Cracker Barrel

Hi Girls-

Happy Monday!  Happy Day Lights Saving!  And Happy 11 More Days Until Spring!  Whoo Hoo!  I hope that you all had a super fantastic weekend.  Mine was crazy busy and I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.  Here are a couple meme's to give you a good giggle for the day.


OK, now back to the recap...

Friday was spent being pretty low key--I worked in the morning and played hooky that afternoon by getting my hair a much needed color tune up.  I {heart} my stylist and am really pleased with the final results.  I spent Friday night with my super fab sister and we did dinner and a little shopping at three of my most favorite places ever---Ikea, Hobby Lobby & Ulta.  Had we added Target in the mix, I may have just been in shopping paradise.

Saturday morning was my Life Group meet-up with my church gals.  I know I've written about them before but I really love these women and all that the Lord is doing through our group.  We are reading Adam Hamilton's 24 Hours That Changed the World and I am really enjoying it so far.  The book is about reliving the one day that changed the course of events forever--the last day of Jesus' life.  Our group leader, who is fantastic and really doesn't know it, walked us through a Seder meal and led us in communion.  Y'all, this was one of the best group gatherings I think I have been a part of and the Lord was definitely with us and moving through us in a powerful way. 

I had to jet out of there for my cousin Summer's son Sawyer's birthday.  It was a great time spent with family and he is seriously such a cutie pie.  Summer had ordered her cupcakes from Whole Foods and they were sans food dyes and artificial flavoring and they were delicious. 
Who needs toys when you have a stick?

 
He didn't care less about the birthday present opening which made it a great party for his big sister Sunny since she was wondering if all the presents were for her :)

This was the only gift Sawyer was interested in and unfortunately was not too keen on waiting for it to be set up.  Note to my Uncle Rod--set up 2 year old's present before giving it to him.
 
Love this picture!  Sunny is a diva in training and my Aunt gave her a makeup kit.  She was smelling all the yummy gloss flavors with her mommy, my cousin Summer.

Moving on to party #2 on Saturday night--it was a SURPRISE for my super sweet friend Carol.  She lost her only son nearly a year ago in a motorcycle accident and really needed an extra spirit lift.  I was so happy to be able to have a great GNO with some special friends celebrating her as well as another GF that is having a birthday today.  I am so blessed to have a super fantastic circle of gal pals who make my life better just by being in it.





Oh, Sunday Funday---it was gorgeous here in NC!  72 degrees, sunshine and not a cloud in the sky--it was seriously a perfect day!  I am sooooo ready for continuous Spring time temperatures.  After church, I had this little diva for the day because her mommy and daddy took the older kids to a hockey game. 
We went to Cracker Barrel for lunch and she suckered me into buying several new toys and then spent the afternoon playing outside, snacking and watching a few episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  #mycuprunnethover  Anyway, I had my new camera with me all day and took 300 pictures (just yesterday) of this sweet thing.  Apparently, I hit the photo quota of the day because she actually said "No more pictures Jenny, I tired."   I'm loving it but there are so many features that I don't know about and I've decided to take a photography class to teach me a few things.  Here are some of my faves from yesterday.  I'm not even going to apologize for the cuteness overload.














Alright gals, Happy Monday!  This is going to be a great week!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I'm getting my hair done on Wednesday. It needs it.


The time change kicked my butt. I like how it stays brighter longer, but ugh. It messes with my body for the first couple of days.

Jenny Morgan said...

Don't you love a fresh cut & color? It's very euphoric :) And I agree about the time change--I'll usually be messed up for a week. Thanks for reading :) Happy Monday!

Jenny Morgan said...

Yes, it is the best and I've been craving their Hashbrown Casserole since Sunday---not sure why I didn't get it while I was there. And about the camera, I figured if I was going to pay that much money for it, I at least needed to know how to use it and who has time for the instruction CD--LOL, ergo the lessons I'm going to take. Happy Tuesday!