Wednesday, March 18, 2015

What You Don't Know About Me Wednesday

Hi Girls!

Happy Wednesday y'all!  Hope this week is treating you well!  I'm in Vegas trying to adjust to the time change which I will...right before I go home :). We didn't go to dinner until 8:30 (my body was saying it's 11:30 so go to bed) but I toughed it out and it was delicious.

I've done posts like this a couple of times but I love learning more about the authors of the blogs I read daily so I thought I would give you a better "behind the scenes" view of some things you don't know about me.
  • My very first job out of college was working for a power equipment company.  This was totally out of my element but hey, I needed a job and my student loans weren't going to pay themselves.  I had never mowed the lawn or even touched a trimmer or chainsaw before I started.  I told myself that I would give it a year and find something better---I spent 12 years there!  Most of that time was spent in sales positions and traveling all over.  I've felled (cut down) many a tree, done obstacle courses on zero turn mowers, trained 1000's on safety and proper techniques, drove a big truck while pulling an 18' fully enclosed trailer full of lawn & garden equipment and carved more chairs than I can count.  Yes, that's right!  Surprised, aren't you?!?  Believe me I was too as I never thought this would be the world that I would get into but I did and I loved my job!

  • I hate my handwriting.  And it's really not that bad but my sister's is so much better so I usually get her to write stuff out for me if I'm sending a card or something like that.
  • I once bought a cheesecake for my boyfriend's mom and told her I made it.
  • I brush my teeth 4 times a day and I love going to the dentist.
  • Dumb & Dumber was my favorite movie in high school and I still quote some of their lines. 
  • I would love to sail around the world on a boat.
  • My secret fave food is corn dogs and I'll go to a fair and pay a $10 admission fee just to get one.
  • I hoard gift cards and have some that are years old. 
  • I cry every time I watch Dumbo. 
  • I have a tattoo.  And it's placed on a spot of my body that others traditionally call a "tramp stamp".  I've had it since I was 18 and honestly I've forgotten about it.  No regrets--it is what it is!
  • I have a slight crooked tooth that is not noticeable to anyone but me and it drives me crazy.  I've had braces and done Invisalign before and it worked until I stopped wearing it and they shifted back.  Now I'm considering doing it again because I'm vain :)
  • I think NuGrape or Grape Crush soda is the best thing ever but only buy individual cans or bottles so no one sees me drinking it.
  • I've always wished that I was 5'10".  I'm a great height at 5'6" but always thought my life would be different if I was taller.  I know...makes no sense to me either.  Just my random thoughts here!
  • You may know this already but Golden Girls is one of my most favorite shows ever.  What you may not know is that Blanche is the character I identify the most with--even though she was the trashiest, LOL!
OK gals, that just a little more insight into the crazy life of moi!  Come back tomorrow when I am linking up with Rachel and sharing all the goodies I received from her Spring Cheer Exchange. 

11 comments:

Megan said...

lol......I would have never guessed you worked at a power equipment company! that is cool!!! Corn dogs are a yes if they mustard and I can relate to Blanche also!! ;)

Kimm said...

I love learning little tid bits about people. I could watch the Golden Girls all day every day!!!! Enjoy your time in Vegas!!!!

Deena Simair said...

Corndogs and grape pop...love it too!

Lana L. said...

I think these kinds of posts are so fun! I love that you can use a chainsaw! We always want what we don't have - I'm 5'9" and have always wished I was 5'5" or 5'6". Want to trade?

Shelly Janac said...

You crack me up! I too have a tramp stamp with no regrets......and I also love going to the dentist. He always tells me my teeth are perfect...who doesn't love hearing things like that!

Jenny Morgan said...

LOL on the tramp stamp! What's funny is that no one would even guess that about me :) And #truth on the dentist---#neverhadacavity.

Jenny Morgan said...

I love these kind've posts too---it's fun knowing me about the people I read about everyday. Oh, 5'9"--yes, let's trade :)

Jenny Morgan said...

That sounds like a perfect meal, right?!? LOL!

Jenny Morgan said...

Golden Girls rocks! And I watch reruns all the time! I totally identify with Blanche :)

Jenny Morgan said...

Crazy the things we keep in our back pocket, right? And yes, mustard only!

Sandra Black said...

BAHAHA! I LOVE your randomness :) Mostly because it reminds me of me! ;)