Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday Favorites

Hi Girls!
I'm alive!  It has been the craziest of weeks work wise and although I had a million ideas planned for blog posts, I didn't pre-write any of those fantabulous ideas and it just never got done.  So for that, I apologize for my brief blog hiatus.  My sister even texted me on Tuesday telling me that she was "stalking my blog". 

With that being said, I am moving on and acting like it never happened because, well it's my blog and I can.  I'm going to pick back up by linking up with Andrea, Erika and Narci for a little thing that I've grown to love---better known as Friday Favorites.
                        
ONE:
If you follow me on IG, you know that I was beach bound yesterday.  My sister and I have a camper--did any of y'all just gasp?!?  Yes, it's true but y'all this isn't tent camping---if it didn't have running water, electricity and air conditioning you might as well find me a room at the Hilton next door.  But I actually love it and we have a group of friends that come down for every holiday and vacation here every Summer.  It really is my little home away from home!  Although this picture isn't from yesterday, I took this last Summer and it is one of my favorite beach pictures of all times. 
TWO:

So, #2 on my favorites this week is a little blast from the past that I saw on IG this week.  I was a child of the 80's and was so excited that I received this for a birthday present.  If memory serves me correct, the ball got a hole in it and I threw it away but boy did I have fun for the time that I did have it and was thinking, wowza, what a workout that would be now?!?  I guarantee if I went searching for one somewhere, I would totally find one---probably for $80 or some crazy high price that I would never actually pay.  Anybody else remember this awesome toy?
THREE:
Speaking of exercise, #operationswimsuit is in full effect and I have done fantastically with my Fitbit this week.  I really, really like it!  And it does actually push me to make sure I am more active throughout the day.  I did really well with my food this week as was more conscious of what I was putting in my mouth.  Now, I did have a glass of sweet tea but a sister can't give that up cold turkey now, right?  I'm Southern after all.  Anywhoodle, with all this good exercise and good eating this week, I couldn't help but post some of my favorite food meme's of the week.



FOUR:


I am a crazy dog lover--my girls are so very important to me and outside of travel for work, they go everywhere with me.  I take an obscene amount of pictures of my dogs during the week---again, if you follow me on IG, I typically post just a few a month because I want you to keep following me otherwise you would think I am the crazy poodle lady.  This is my favorite picture of my little Simone this week---she had no interest of getting out of bed on Wednesday morning--even after offering cookies (treats), going to potty, nothing.  Girlfriend had no interest in getting the day started---I know exactly how she felt!
FIVE:
I haven't been able to watch too much TV this week so my DVR is plum filled up but during one of my nights of insomnia, I got caught up on my Southern Charm addiction.  If you aren't following this show, you should be.  It's based in Charleston, SC (which is a city that I absolutely adore) and the show is a whole hot mess of Southern goodness.  I was so excited when my sister from another mister Jen over at And Hattie Makes Three posted on IG that Patricia (if you watch, you know who I'm talking about) liked one of her tweets.  First, I was super psyched that Ms. Jen and I have yet another commonality but also that Patricia, one fabulous Southern matriarch, was on Twitter.  I must tweet more (or actually tweet).  I would be over the moon if a celebrity---yes I'm calling Patricia that, acknowledged one of my crazy ramblings.  Anyway, the show comes on Bravo (so you know it's got to be good if it comes on the same channel as my Real Housewives of Who Cares because I love them all) on Monday nights at 10pm.  By the way, don't ever (and I mean ever) google Southern Charm pics because there are a whole lot of things very un-Southern that come up.  I promise!
Alright gals, those are my favorites, what are yours?  I'll be back to my normal blogging schedule next week.  I really missed it!  But what I missed more was getting caught up on all the fabulous bloggers that I follow--I'll be spending my day on Saturday getting caught up because it's supposed to rain here at the beach.
Happy Easter y'all!  Remember that HE IS RISEN.




14 comments:

Jen Cowan said...

I about DIED when that happened and then Jen - the one Kathryn confronted on this weeks episode liked it too! Not as excited because PATRICIA liked it. OHHHEMMMGEEE.
Have a wonderful time at the beach and have a Happy Happy Easter! He is Risen INDEED

Jenny Morgan said...

No way! I just started following her on IG--not so sure about her yet, lol! It's funny the things that excite us right?!? Happy Easter to you and your family!

Deena Simair said...

Happy Weekend! So jealous that you can go camping. We got snow last night :(

Megan said...

Ok...I am loaded up heading to the beach!! and a camper???? YES!!! I love it!

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

I can't believe I've been missing Southern Charm! Hopefully, I can catch up with OnDemand.

Katie Mitchell said...

Southern Charm!! I must watch this!! And I confess i was kinda stalking your blog too! LOL

Christina Sotherden said...

Love me some southern charm! And Patricia!! She's fabulous haha and hysterical!! Amen, to the crazy dog lover! I take my pup everywhere, even to the office! Our life revolves around her!

Lana L. said...

I remember the Pogo Ball - my sister had one. How did we keep our feet on it? Love the picture of Simone - so cute! I haven't watched Southern Charm yet - will put it on my list! Have a great weekend at the beach!

Jenny Morgan said...

Hey girl! Boo on the snow :( Sending warm weather thoughts your way this week! Happy Monday!

Jenny Morgan said...

Girl, your whole family should have come on down! We would have made room!

Jenny Morgan said...

It is ah-mazing! I'm a little ashamed to admit I like it but not enough to not write about it! LOL! But I totally think it will suck you in just like it did me! Thanks for reading :)

Jenny Morgan said...

Yes---you must!!!! And lol on the blog hiatus! I promise I won't leave you hanging again :)

Jenny Morgan said...

I know right Christina! It's a hot mess but I just can't stop watching it! My girls are so rotten---they go everywhere with me too!

Jenny Morgan said...

I have absolutely no clue how I didn't break an arm or a leg on that contraption but it was really cool to have! And yes, so rotten, right? Yes, Southern Charm is a must!