Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Favorites...

Hi Girls-

OK, sorry I've been incognito this week.  I wasn't on another blogatus (blog hiatus) but I had a huge meeting with my biggest client on Wednesday and my time has been completely absorbed with everything cleaning supply (which is what I sell).  Now that that's over (for the most part, although there is lots and lots of follow up to do over the next couple of month), I can get back to my regularly scheduled blogging program. 


Since I didn't do a Friday Favorites last week because of my #CoffeeMyWay blog for Wayfair.com, I am super psyched to get back into it by telling y'all what my favorites are of this week so I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika and Narci.

ONE:
I finally found a rug for my outdoor oasis that I like---and it was only $29.  I've got a few other things to pick up (tiki torches, extra pillows, some outdoor dishes/placemats and umbrella lights), need to plant some flowers and some good smelling herbs (basil, rosemary and mint) and need to Clorox my concrete pad but I am super excited about spending some nights out there with friends drinking wine and hanging out. 






TWO:
Due to some unforeseen circumstances with her regular sitter, I got to spend most of the day Thursday with my favorite little.  I also had to work :(  Again, another advantage of working from home that I can help out a friend in need.  It's hard explaining to a 3 year old that you have a report to finish or emails to send and that's why you can't go outside to play in the beautiful weather.  So, in between taking a few breaks here and there, she asked me to lay down with her and read a book.  Am I made of stone?  Of course not, so that's what I did.  She'll never be 3 again and I'll never get these types of moments back!

 

THREE:
I can't remember where I found this "must try" activity this week but I took a screen shot of it and I can't wait to try it out with the kids.  Doesn't this look like fun?  Even for adults?  Maybe this weekend? 
FOUR:
I love me a good meme!  One of my favorite parts of the week is when my LLBFF Megan texts me with some of the funniest--I mean, make you snort and spit out your drink funny memes.  I laugh so hard and even if I am having a bad day this girl makes me LOL!  While some (well probably most) of our meme's are inappropriate and I wouldn't dare share, I'm going to show y'all some of the ones that I found this week that I think are Hi-Larious and are blog approved!
 
 
FIVE:
Technically, this was from last week but because I didn't do a Friday Favorites I wanted to share this. I consider my life to be so enriched because of all the kids that are in it--especially since I am not a momma myself.  This kid---well, not exactly a kid anymore since he'll be 18 in a couple of weeks has been a part of my life since he was born.  His parents are some of my bestest friends and their daughter was part of the original crew that my mom had in her daycare.  I don't know what I would do without them in my life.  #mycuprunnethover  Anywhoodle, Klay had his last regular season game last Thursday and it was also Senior night.  I still can't believe he is getting ready to graduate from high school.  I mean, I changed his diaper!   Not only is he a super awesome catcher but he is also fantastic at just about everything he puts his mind to.  He is going to college this Fall to study Special Education.  I couldn't be more proud of him if he was my own.
 
Both teams praying together after the game--really cool to watch!

Honoring the Seniors with their parents.

Hickory Gove Christian School Class of 2015
SIX:
This was my favorite "NO WAY" moment, courtesy of Groupon.  Did any of y'all see this?  And were any of y'all as curious about it as I was?  OK, if you didn't see it, this my friends is called a "Go Girl Female Urination Device" that comes in your choice of either khaki or pink.  What intrigued me the most was that it said over 5,000 were bought and they were in limited quantity availability.  Really?  Who's buying this thing because I must talk to them and get their insight?  I'm going to be honest, I actually considered buying it but I didn't.  And I hate using public restrooms because the older I get, the harder it is to hover---y'all know what I'm talking about. 


 

OK gals, those are my favorites of the week!  What are yours?  I hope you all have a super fantastic weekend! 

7 comments:

Jennifer Cowan said...

Lol - I bet there is a market for camping too! I was contacted to do a blog review on my old blog for a similar product, and politely declined! Lol Love your patio! We need go jazz ours up too and I think an outdoor rug may do the trick!

Erin said...

What a fun week! I love outdoor oasis rug! So fun and summery. Also the pictures in number two are just too sweet. Happy Friday!

Maren Hall Arnold said...

Your patio looks amazing. What a steal on that rug! Also, that pee thing..hilarious. One of my fears is being stuck on the highway in standing still traffic and having to go the bathroom. Found you through Andrea's link up!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thank you for reading Maren! And thank you on the compliment to my patio! Listen, that's one of my fears too and I'm not kidding when I said that I seriously considered buying it. Happy Monday! Hope you have a great week!

Jenny Morgan said...

Hey Erin! It was a fun week and thank you for the compliment on the pics--I think she's pretty sweet too :)

Jenny Morgan said...

Hmm, I bet so too but I'm still not sure I would use it---however the alternative of crouching in a bush may not be any better either. I'm not sure if I would do a blog review for something like that either. I got my rug at Lowe's---for $29 I couldn't pass it up because the other indoor/outdoor rugs I have looked at have been $80+ and I just didn't want to pay that much. Have a great week!

Megan said...

that pee thing??? is that for real??? i am dying!!! LOL what in the world! Ok I am totally digging the rug on your porch! It looks awesome!