Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Favorites...Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Hi Girls-

I don't know what's going on with me.  I haven't logged onto my blog since Thursday of last week and although I have missed it, I didn't feel compelled enough to plan anything this week.  I also have felt like my most recent posts have been a bit of a downer and may have been too reflective of the mood I've been in.  Have you ever felt this way?  Or have you ever been in a blog rut or a blunk--you know a blog funk?  And if so, what did you do to get out of it? 

Well, in an effort to get back in the saddle, I'm linking up for Friday Favorites with some of my fave, much more consistent bloggers...lol.  Andrea, Erika and Narci are some of my most favorite blog gals and I love their link-ups. 


OK gals, let's get to it. (Drumroll please)...today's Friday Favorites on a super Happy Friday!

 
ONE:
Favorite Quote of the Week---so technically this was last week but it's my blog and I'm using it because I've looked back it, oh I don't know a million times this week. 
My LLBFF (long lost best friend forever), Megan, over at More Sweet Tea Please? is a super special girl.  I've written about her a number of times and y'all, she is just ah-mazing and I just love her to pieces even though we've never met.  When I got this text from her I literally sat at my office desk and cried.  It was just what I needed to hear at that exact very moment.  I let her know how special it was that she sent this and more importantly how much I needed to hear it and her response was "Isn't it crazy how we don't even know what people are going through but God leads us to send the perfect things."  My goodness, how true is that! 

TWO:
Favorite meals of the week!  So, my gal pal Katie over at The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life got me turned on to Hello Fresh meals.  They are a food delivery service that comes once a week and I am so excited about this program.  I always feel so guilty for throwing out food that I buy but as a gal that lives by herself, I just don't go through some things quick enough to get full use out of it.  Anyway, they have meals for 2 or 4 people and there are tons of coupons out there...I got $40 off my first order.  Anywhoodle, the first food pic below is of my Steak Sandwiches with Horseradish Cream & a Watercress and Roasted Tomato Salad.  Can you say yumm-o?  I feel so gourmet when I'm cooking these meals.  The other pic is from my lunch with some sweet girlfriends of mine---I had the shrimp & grits.  And it was amaze-balls!

Now after these scrumptious meals, I reminded myself that I am still on #operationswimsuit.  Um, hello, that bathing suit is not going to look like I want if I keep eating like I am!  I am such an emotional eater---I must work on this.  Because of this, these are my two favorite diet meme's of the week--seems appropriate right?  LOL!


THREE:
So, here's another moment that technically fell over this past weekend but since I haven't blogged all week, this is new for y'all, right?  I get so excited when I get to spend extra time with these little munchkins and I was fortunate enough to have the littlest one all weekend and her sister on Friday night.  We had a super fab slumber party with my sister (their Nannie) on Friday night.  We had lots of snuggle time, cheesy grins, playing house, watching Doc McStuffin and Frozen for the 4.2 millionth time and eating way too many gummies.  Y'all..#mycuprunnethover!  I'm not their momma but they really do make my life better and I am so blessed to be their Jenny!




FOUR:
OK, if you've read this blog for any amount of time you know that I work from home and most of my days are spent in my PJ's.  Well, I traveled to my corporate office this week in CT which meant that I had to get out of my jammies and make myself presentable.  I am in love with anything leopard print---I've heard it's the new neutral...true?  Regardless, I love it!  But I'm going to be completely honest, I loved even more when I got home after being in airports for over 7 hours and was able to take off my heels and put on my house slippers. 

 

OK gals, that's all I have for this edition of Friday Favorites!  I hope you all have had a super fantastic week and that your weekend is perfect!  Can't wait to get back into the blog swing of things next week :)

12 comments:

Jen Cowan said...

Yay glad your back! You look all spiffy if your work wear! I miss traveling for work. It's nice every so often to not wear yoga pants all day! and you know how I feel about that steak sandwich! NOOOM!

Jenny Morgan said...

Me too Jen! I think I may have needed a little hiatus to realize how much I love doing this. And yes girl on the yoga pants--but I admit I was happy not to get dressed the last couple of days. I'm telling you what--that sandwich was the bomb! Do people use that phrase anymore?!?

Vanessa Roberts said...

I wondered where you were! Glad you are back! Happy Friday Jenny!

Shelly Janac said...

The cat meme seriously had me almost spit my coffee! I'm still drooling over that sandwich too. So proud of you for swallowing some pride and being able to apologize...this has always, always been a hard one for me but somehow the last few years I have seen what a difference it has made in my relationships when I just suck it up. My momma raised me to be strong and independent and I don't know how many times I was told "you do not need a man".....but you know what? I want a man in my life and when I'm acting all independent and bullheaded it doesn't allow him to be the man God wants him to be. Have a great weekend!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thank you girl! Glad to be back! Happy Friday to you too! Have a great weekend!

Jenny Morgan said...

Wow, thanks Shelly for the wonderful words! So very true! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Deena Simair said...

Glad to see you back! I missed reading you this week....about blog ruts...sometimes I take a vacation when needed, other times I use the random subject generator app to get some inspiration...most times I just add wine.

Jenny Morgan said...

Ha! Ok I just really LOL about the wine---we totally would be super awesome friends if we lived closer to one another 😉. And how did I not know about the subject generator app--must download! Thanks for missing me!

Katie Mitchell said...

YAY for you loving your Hello Fresh meals. Your meals look so yummy...those steak sandwiches holy cow!! And thank you so much for the shoutout!!! Love that quote...glad to see you back blogging! Have a great weekend with LeGuy!!

amanda Kons said...

where so many people have been helped,i decided to give him a try to help me bring my lover back home even not for me but just for the kids,the therapist to me what to do within the next 3 days after doing what therapist isaac ask of me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband,he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make anybody is same issue to visit this Therapist isaac via Email drisaachelpcenter@outlook.com and have your lover back to your self.

Lana L. said...

So glad you're back. That leopard dress is amazing on you. And yay for men who accept us for who we are, no matter what. Have a great weekend!

Blogger said...

Come and see how 1,000's of people like YOU are earning their LIVING from home and are fulfilling their dreams right NOW.
JOIN TODAY