Monday, April 20, 2015

Weekend Recap....Gyozas, Wine, Movies, Mountains & More

Hi Girls-

Happy Monday Y'all!  I hope that all you beautiful gals had a super awesome weekend.  I know I certainly did and that included the laziest Sunday of all times for me as well. 

Do y'all feel like this today?  I love it!
Well, let's get to it!  What did you get into over the weekend?

Friday night, I indulged in one of my Hello Fresh meals of Beef Gyozas with spicy soy-glazed green beans.  I am absolutely loving this meal delivery system.  I know there are tons out there but this one is really a great program for me.  The dinner was absolutely delish! The evening was finished off with the movie Rock of Ages, which reminded me how much I really love 80's rock.
 
Saturday morning my lovely church life group gals came over.  I have really missed them.  We took a break for a couple of weeks to accommodate for some Easter travel schedules.  I also know I say this every time I talk about this super fantastic group of women but I am so truly blessed that they are all apart of my life.  We have such a great fellowship and the honesty amongst the group is sometimes overwhelming.  Lots of tears, laughter, humility and a love of Christ is something I can expect almost every time I am with them.  And I know when they say they are praying for me, that they really are.  My church believes that your growth doesn't often happen while sitting in rows but rather in circles and that's why life group is so important to me. 

Anywhoodle, after that, in an effort to mark off another thing on my 36 Things List my trainer offered up going hiking at one of the local state parks nearby.  Of course it seemed like a brilliant idea but after the 2.2 mile (one way straight up and then back) hike, I was really starting to question my reasoning for putting it on my list.  But I did feel like I had accomplished something after reaching the end of the trail and seeing the magnificent views atop Crowder's Mountain.  My trainer brought along his super awesome girlfriend.




My awesome trainer Jeramy.






 
 
After feeling like I was nearly going to die and catching my breath realizing that I really wasn't going to, we made our way back down the mountain side.  Le Guy and I had a quick dinner at super fancy Jersey Mike's as we had plans at my girlfriend's house that night.

And this is what the snacks looked like---oh my word!  Like seriously, we could have had another 10 people over and still had food left.  But we are such foodies and love a good wine and great conversation!  Perfect way to end my already perfect day!
Sunday was the laziest day imaginable.  After church and some lunch, I ended up spending a couple hours with a friend of mine and her sweet kids coming over and we watched Lego Movie together.  Everything is awesome!  You know what I'm talking about if you've seen the movie. 

Alright ladies, that's my weekend recap!  I am so excited to be back in the swing of things with writing on here after my brief blogatus (blog hiatus) and have some great stuff coming this week like Four Things and a post about my coffee ritual for wayfair.com. 

Hope y'all have a great Monday!

11 comments:

Megan said...

Everything is awesome!!! Everything is cool!! Gets stuck in my head everytime! ;) Looks like a super weekend!

Jen Cowan said...

I could have polished off that cheese tray. I can put a hurt on a stinky cheese! Looks like you had an awesome and you and Le Guy are adorable!

Suzy said...

You two are absolutely cuteness x10!!! So happy for you and LeGuy :)

Katie Mitchell said...

LOVE IT!! You and Le Guy are too cute together!!! I know it was a rough hike but you had a beautiful view up there!! And to be rewarded with wine and cheese after?!? You can't beat it!! Jenny...it seems like EVERYTHING IS AWESOME for you! ;)

Lana L. said...

So excited to finally see Le Guy! I saw the picture on IG this weekend but forgot to go back and comment. You guys make a great couple and I can't wait to read more about him this week!!!

Jenny Morgan said...

Lol! We watched it again tonight---now it really will be stuck in my head!

Jenny Morgan said...

It was amazing girl and yes I could too! We really are soul sisters 😉

Jenny Morgan said...

Aww, thank you girl!

Jenny Morgan said...

Lol Katie, I didn't even think about the song that way--I totally would've used it 😉. Yes, everything is pretty awesome!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thank you Lana! I'm pretty excited about blogging about him!

Deena Simair said...

High fives on sharing le Man with us! I would love to hear what he thought of your post!