Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thinking Out Loud Thursday...Laying It All Out There!

Hi Girls-

OK, I'm 4 days blogging strong---yeah me!  I love to be back in the swing of things.  I also appreciate all the encouraging words some of you other bloggers have sent me.  They mean more than you know. 

So today, I am linking up with the lovely Vanessa and Penny for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.  I am so excited to get back into my normal blogging routine because I love these types of link ups where you can talk about well...whatever you want to talk about. 


So, as the title goes, I am laying it all out there for y'all today.  Sometimes life doesn't work out as you planned.  Some things might have the greatest of intentions but fail to come to fruition.  Sometimes love doesn't go the way you thought it would.  But all that is ok---because ladies, that is what life is all about.  Expect the unexpected and deal with it!  That really should be my mantra.

I don't pretend to act like I am the easiest person to be in a relationship with.  I've written about it here before.  I just know that is not the case with me--I'm sometimes difficult, tend to be stubborn and as I put in my 10 things yesterday, I am fiercely independent.  However, with that being said, I know there are tons of other women, just like me, with the same characteristics who are single in their 30's and 40's.  Heck, I even have readers who send me messages saying that they are.  What I think is, unfortunately, still considered to be a stigma (especially in the South), is not as uncommon nowadays. Many women are waiting later to get married and become mothers because of career choices, the need to be independent or for many other reasons--like not finding the right one.  If you've been reading awhile now, you've heard me talk about being single and going through phases of dating and dating and more dating.  Over the last couple of months I had talked about a specific relationship that I was in between C & I.  If you are a reader here, you may have figured out by now that we are no longer together because of my lack of discussing him recently.  I'm not going to go into any details except to say that I believe we were looking for something different but that I wish him all the best in the world and know that he will find a woman that will treat him the way he deserves to be treated and love him with all that she is. 

Relationships are hard.  They take work and effort from both people involved.   I've been accused before of not giving it my all...maybe it's true.  Maybe I should learn to prioritize things better.  Maybe I should relinquish some of my control.  Maybe I should be more open with my feelings verbally than just typing them out here.  Maybe I should learn to communicate better.  Maybe that's something I should work on.  Maybe it just wasn't the right person.  Maybe, maybe, maybe.  Every single girl in my position knows what I'm talking about and starts analyzing what they should have done differently (if anything) when  relationship ends.  I am who I am---I'm not saying there's not room for improvement but I am proud of the person that I am today.  I know that I am a fantastic catch.  I know that once I love, I love hard and deep.  I know that I'm strong and independent and love having control in all aspects of my life.  I also know that God has a plan for me and my life.  He has made someone just for me and he will reveal that to me when the time is right.  I know that I have to pray about that and for Him to give me the patience to understand this plan and his timing.

Thank you girls for hanging in there with me and for all your support, love and encouragement.  Life is good!  I feel good!  I feel motivated!  I am happy!  What happens next is yet to be determined....

So for the next chapter of Jenny: Dating & Love, all I can say is...To Be Continued!

16 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh Jenny! We need to get together and drink wine! Love you!

Kimm said...

Love this post! And let's get together soon and just drink ridiculous amounts of peach green tea lemonade

Jen Cowan said...

When one door closes another opens! Here is to finding love when you least expect it! :)

dsimair said...

you have a great outlook!

Lana L. said...

When the right person comes along, you won't have to change a single thing, it will just fit!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thank you so much Lana and I agree 100%!

Jenny Morgan said...

I appreciate that Dee! It is what it is, right?!?

Jenny Morgan said...

I keep telling myself that Jen! Thanks for the encouragement!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thanks girl and yes, lots of Peach Green Tea lemonade...or wine or beer or cocktails 😉

Jenny Morgan said...

Absolutely sweet girl! You get better and I'm down! Love you too!

Cara Zimmer said...

You have the best attitude! I agree with everyone else, your time is coming, right when you least expect it! I had just ended an engagement with someone I thought was my soul mate when I met my husband! I clearly had NO idea what a soul mate was, lol...

Katie Mitchell said...

Catching up on all your posts from this week Jenny!! Love you blogging and sharing with us! I agree that the right person will come along when you least expect it!! But if you ever want to come hang out with a fellow single girl, just to chit chat, laugh, eat, drink, and have fun...call me!!! :)

Suzy said...

Hang in there girlie! God has already planned your future so no need for you to worry 😉. Love that you're blogging again!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thank you friend! I absolutely agree---things happen :)

Jenny Morgan said...

You are correct my single gal pal! And yes, I would love to hang out---I have a feeling we would get along just splendidly :)

Jenny Morgan said...

Thank you Cara! And that's what I'm hoping for as well. I just have to remember to be patient--Rome wasn't built in a day, right?