Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Weekend Recap...Cap & Gowns, Beer, Beach & Baseball

Hi Girls-

Wowza, what a super fantastic long weekend!  I have so much to catch up on that I almost don't even know where to start.  The weather has been amaze-balls and mother nature decided to take a break on us heat wise so that has put me in a much better mood. 

I know I didn't blog much last week due to poor planning and a busy work week but hope to do better this week.  But let's get down to why we are all here---to talk about me ;-)

I took a vacation day on Friday and pampered myself.  I call this the perfect trifecta of a day off---massage, Starbuck's Peach Green Tea Lemonade & a shopping trip to Super Target.  Uh yeah!!!!  My day would have been perfect had I just stopped there but on the way home one of my old school jams came on and I rolled down all the Jeep windows and jammed out!  Nothing like a 37 year old white girl rapping--y'all know what I'm talking about :)





Friday night I was filled with all sorts of emotions when this handsome boy graduated from high school.  I don't know how you parents do it.  Klay's momma is one of my bestest friends and I was at the hospital when he was born.  I am so proud of all of his accomplishments and the man he has become.  He is heading to Pfeiffer University this Fall to play baseball and study Special Education.  #mycuprunnethover
 
 
 
OK, so funny story.  Last week I saw this Price is Right You Tube video making the rounds on FB.  I watched it and giggled so hard.  This guy was hilarious!  Anywhoodle, as I am walking out of the graduation ceremony to the reception, I saw a man who looked soooo familiar but I couldn't place him.  I got about 5 feet past him and realized it was the guy from the YouTube video so I walked up (ok, I actually chased him down in the parking lot) and politely asked him for a picture.  Not because he was a celebrity or anything but I thought it would make for a great story :) 
 
Saturday morning I woke up before sunrise to make my 3 hour trek down to Myrtle Beach for some much needed sun, sand and sea.  I knew it was going to be a great trip when this came on just a little bit into the ride.  I love me some 80's hair band but I love 80's GIRL hair bands even better.  Give me Lita Ford and Vixen any day of the week!!!  I actually feels the wings and high bangs forming as I write this.
I got down around 9 to spend my entire morning and most of the afternoon laid up in a beach chair getting my tan on (with SPF 55 on, of course).
 
Yes Yeungling, I give you rights to use this for your next ad campaign :)
Saturday night, after nursing a few sunburnt spots (how does that happen every single time), my crew and I hit up our favorite Japanese steakhouse for a little hibachi fun.  I love these people more than words.  My life is richer just by having them all in it.  I was also able to break in my new white linen pants I had picked up from Target on Friday during my shopping trip.  I may or may not have picked them up in 3 different colors as well.  They are PERFECTION!  I will totally be wearing them everyday but you can find them here if you want to pick them up too.  Super comfortable with a drawstring waist.  They are a bit long so I have to wear wedges or something with a heel to keep them from dragging so I don't have to get them hemmed.  I wish they had them in a shorts version. I had my sister snap a few pics because y'all know me most as wearing PJ's most days and this is to prove that I do have regular clothes in my rotation. 


 
OK, back to my peeps!  I love these folks!  They are my heart! 





 

Our night commenced with a rousing game of Apples to Apples and a hardcore game of Disney Headbands.  Oh yes, that's right--we are the craziest of crazy party animals--don't be jelly!

My most favorite sport ever is baseball--Go Yankees!  So anytime I can catch a game live, I am down for it!  The Myrtle Beach Pelicans were playing on Sunday so after spending another day getting my tan on, we loaded up and went to watch a little ball.  It was hot--our seats were on the 3rd base line which was right in the range of the blazing sun but that was nothing that an ice cold beer couldn't remedy.  Good Times!!!

 
Monday, I made the trek back home to get my house ready for my new church intern that will be living with me for the next few weeks.  More on Abbey later :)  I hit my first 1000 miles on my new Jeep still yet to be named---any suggestions?  I need a J name--my other Jeep's were named Jezebel & Josephine. 


So I have another short week because as I am off until Thursday.  I'm getting ready to hit up the pool to get in some more sun.  Oh, did I mention to y'all that I signed back up for online dating yet?  Well, I have---can't wait to get into the deets on this :)  Happy Tuesday y'all!

12 comments:

Liz said...

Sounds like a great weekend! My vote for a "J" car name would be Jacinda. Although I should probably give a shout out to Julia as well as Julia is my daughter's name :)

Stephanie Cope said...

Your sister's vote for the Jeep name is Jane - it would be a fun hashtag - janethejeepgoesbeachin - seejanethejeepgotopless - seejaneatthepark - janethejeepgetsabath - well you get the idea. <3

Kimm said...

We are heading down to myrtle beach over Fourth of July weekend and I can't wait!!!! If I had a jeep I would name her jilly the jeep...I know so silly right

Lana L. said...

Fun weekend! I love your new pants, and you know I love Myrtle Beach!

Laura said...

I tried! Oh, how I tried! I even did the same thing you did!...got a massage first, but GIRL! I CANNOT DO THE GREEN TEA THING!! Yuck, yuck, yuck! Love those linen pants, though! I bought some ankle length ones at Old Navy this week!

Katie Mitchell said...

I think the Jeep should be a boy! LOL...Love those linen pants and your beautiful pic!!

Jenny Morgan said...

Oh how cute Liz--Jacinda is definitely a front runner :) And my car could never be as cute as your Julia ;)

Jenny Morgan said...

I'm kind've digging Jane. That would be a fun hashtag!

Jenny Morgan said...

LOL! Funny you say that because growing up I had a girlfriend that was named Jill and her sailboat was called "Instant Jill-O". I'll be down on the 4th too--that will be the start of my summer vacation. I am already ready to be back!

Jenny Morgan said...

Thanks girl! They are so comfy! And yes, I love it down there!

Jenny Morgan said...

Oh bummer on the green tea---guess it's not for everyone like I thought! But I am still just as addicted to their Vanilla Iced Coffees as I was before. I am trying to find some linen shorts but can't find them anywhere. I don't want them to be super short but jut a bit above mid-thigh. Pair it with a great pair of wedges and I'll be good to go.

Jenny Morgan said...

Ooh, a boy! Funny, honestly that has never crossed my mind. I've always had girl names for cars. I'll put on my thinking cap for that one. And thank you---the pants are awesome and the compliment on the pic is much appreciated!