Monday, May 18, 2015

Weekend Recap...Let's Talk About Chicks Baby...Let's Talk About You & Me...

Hi Girls-

Are y'all singing the title of my post when you read it?  I did!  That's a little homage to Salt-N-Pepa!

What a beautiful Monday---I say that because it hasn't gotten up to 90 yet today here in good ole NC (but it will and for the rest of the week)!  Apparently Mother Nature has decided to play a trick on her Southern friends and thought that completely skipping over Spring would be a fabulous idea!  I am not agreeing with her on that right now and my hair is proof of that because the humidity is making me straight up look like Chaka Khan.  Like for reals! 


I'm actually not too bummed about it being Monday, which is something very new for me.  I blame that on the fact that I really only worked one day last week because I was on vacation for the majority of it and had a quick overnight trip to Indy for a hardware show on Saturday.  Also, this week and next week are short for me because I'm using up some more of my vacation time.  Whoo hoo! 

So, here's what I did...

Before we get into the chicken talk...let's talk pre-chick time.  I flew out to Indy on Friday.  After my perfectly blended Vanilla Ice Coffee, I set off in my perfect exit row seat for the journey.  Honestly, I know I've posted a million in flight pictures on here but I will never grow tired of this view.

Imagine my excitement when checking in at the hotel, I found my most favorite past time had a set up inside for my enjoyment.  Of course, they did this just for me :)  And yes, they did have my Peach Green Tea Lemonade!  I am sparing you yet another picture of this yummy goodness, but seriously, if you haven't checked it out yet, what are you waiting for?

After a quick lunch at the hotel bar, I started playing catch up with some boring emails that I had ignored during my vacation time.  BTW, who's the genius who decided to put bacon into clam chowder?  I could kiss you all over!  I believe bacon is a condiment---like ketchup!  Don't judge!
 
I didn't have anything planned prior to my arrival, although there was a baseball game playing right around the corner from my hotel that I thought looked like fun.  That is until a big time thunder boomer came out of nowhere with torrential rain and lighting.  No thank you!  So...because it was raining and the fact that I had eaten a late lunch, I decided to just hit up the concierge lounge and partake in such nuts and beer---that is until they brought out this super yummy flourless chocolate cake.  Yes, I ate it all.  With my nonfat milk that I've convinced myself cancel out all the calories. 

Saturday morning, I was up bright and early ready to work, with the help of my friends at the downstairs Starbuck's!  I am in Sales so one of my responsibilities is participating in hardware shows.  I am so fortunate that I have an awesome team of reps that do most of the work for me which allows me the time to just schmooze the buyers but I really am grateful for all the hard work they put in for me.  The rep that was working in my booth with me was just an itty bitty baby---seriously y'all, he turned 24 on Sunday.  I felt like I could be his momma and had the urge to wipe some schmutz off his face with my thumb and a little spit when he had some leftover cookie on his cheek.  He really was a sweet kid but it also reminded me how I really wouldn't want to go back to being that age.  I'm pretty happy where I am at now!

If you follow me on Instagram (nc30grits), you saw this picture.  OK, I travel a lot and spend more hours at the airport than I would like BUT I have never, and I repeat never, done this before nor have I seen this.  This lady must have been super tired to even consider placing any part of her body on the airport carpet.  EWWWWW (said in my best Jimmy Fallon voice).  Bless her heart, like I seriously thought about buying her a neck pillow so that she could at least attempt sleeping sitting up!
I got back in late Saturday night with just enough time to put in a load of laundry and to take some ZZZQuil. 

Sunday was an easy, but busy, type of day.  I had the company of my three regular little's for the day and we went to church and than headed across the border (into SC, that is) to have lunch and visit my sister's new chickens.  Have I mentioned that my sister and I couldn't be more different? 
OK, so her chickens will only be for eggs but I think this is Hi-Larious!  Her husband also thinks that they all should have been named so that their initials spelled out KFC.
Anywhoodle, the kids had a blast meeting her new chicken family...and if I'm being completely honest, I thought it was pretty cool too.  Meet the Cope Coop Chicks: Gracie Lou, Shelby Lynn, Holly Hobbie, Peppermint Patty, Darla Jean and Emma Rae.  Oh, and if you are interested in checking out my sister's blog (which I'm hoping some new traffic will encourage her to get caught up, you are welcome Steph), you can check it out here.
Here's our trip to the farm (er, rather my sister's house, LOL).  Welcome to the Coop!










 
And there you have it...Farm Living is not the life for me but I had a great time having a little chicken fun Sunday afternoon.  And by the looks of these pictures of the kids (and my pooches) sacked out before we even made it to the interstate, they had a great time too.


Once, we got home this little one was still super exhausted so this Jenny relished in the fact that I won't always have her being this small and she won't always want to snuggle with me.  #mycuprunnethover
 
OK girls, there you have it--my weekend!  I hope you all have a super fantastic Monday and come back to see what other shenanigans I can find myself in for the remainder of the week!



8 comments:

Shelly Janac said...

I think her cheeks are perfection. I just love their sleeping faces when you can really see their perfect little features.

Lana L. said...

That is one impressive chicken coop! The last picture is the most precious thing!

dsimair said...

I can't say I've ever held a chick....I think they would scare me.

Stephanie Cope said...

I love this blog post! Thanks for reminding me it's been TOO long since I've blogged! I am so glad that you and kids were able to come visit! Love, Your Favorite Sister :D

Kimm said...

What a fun weekend!! And seriously whoever has not tried peach green tea lemonade needs to....TODAY

Jenny Morgan said...

OK, so I thought I had responded to this forever ago but obviously I didn't. I know--her cheeks are perfect. I could kiss them all day long :)

Jenny Morgan said...

Yes, her husband put in way more time than I think he actually planned---lol, he can thank my sister for that. And I know, she is rotten! But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jenny Morgan said...

I'll admit, I was a little nervous but more so about them pooping on me not just holding them. Just one more thing I can add to my resume. LOL!