Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Whatchu Doing Wednesday....

Hi Girls-

Happy Wednesday!  I'm about as relaxed as I can be.  I should take vacation much more often.  As hard as it has been, I've actually not been doing emails and taking phone calls.  Normally, I would check emails so I wouldn't have to play catch up too hard but y'all I deserve a few days and that is exactly what I'm doing.  But for you guys who are having to work---you've made it half way. 

The weather here in NC has been gorgeous....hot but gorgeous!  If yesterday's weather is any indication of what Summer is going to be like, I'm moving somewhere else.  It was 90+...in May.  Good Lord!  Yes, I am one of those people that complain in the cold weather and prays for the warm weather to come and when it does, I complain about that too.  It is what it is!

I love this meme...ever wonder who Willis was talking about?  LOL! 

OK gals, here's a glance of what I've been up to this week.

What I'm Eating This Week...
I've been a little slack taking pictures of my food choices but I've eaten a lot of leftover birthday cake as well as hot dogs and hamburgers from my cook out on Saturday.  In addition to that, I've made frequent trips to Starbuck's for my new Summer drink favorite, Peach Green Tea Lemonade.  Thanks Kimm--I am completely addicted to this yummy beverage now!  I also had lunch with a girlfriend and her super cute daughter at my favorite French bakery in Charlotte yesterday although we actually did eat sandwiches, none were as worthy as a photo of the desserts that her sweet baby decided to dive into before lunch came.  Hey, she's a girl that knows what she wants and chocolate is obviously what she wants!


 
What I'm Looking Forward to This...
This is actually the first week in a long time that I really don't have anything going on.  I have no big projects due, no big trips coming up, nothing.  So I'm really looking forward to just living in the moment.  Wish I could feel this way all the time!

What I'm Loving This Week...
If you follow me on Instagram (nc30grits) you know that I've made a big purchase on Monday.  It was a late birthday present to myself.  I've been thinking about this for at least a year now.  Timing was right and they had exactly what I was looking for..plus a whole bunch of features that I didn't even know were available on Wrangler's anymore.  I am totally in love!!!!  And I've been driving just to drive---which is so rare for me because I hate driving since I fly everywhere for travel now.  I'm also loving being part of the Jeep club again, which means the finger wave or wave to every other Wrangler driver you pass.  Yes, it's the little things!
 
What I'm Hating This Week...
My sunscreen fail yesterday!  I went out driving for about two hours yesterday with the top off.  In the 90 degree, super sunny NC weather.  Without proper sun care.  I have the complete farmer's tan on both arms and an outline of my necklace on my chest.  Note to self:  sunscreen will always be in my Jeep from this point on.
 
What I'm Wearing This Week...
Y'all know it's rare that I even get dressed before 5 unless I am traveling because I work from home, but I'm happy to report I've been dressed before 10 everyday this week.  Like with full make up and everything.  This was my look on Monday, which is also in the picture from when I purchased my Jeep.  I normally don't wear white before Memorial Day but I am throwing caution to the wind and tossing that old rule out the window. 
 
What I'm Laughing About This Week...
I had posted a picture of my Jeep hair on Monday on IG because I had forgotten a hair tie (like seriously, I have a gazillion...where do they all go?).  My coif was definitely crazy and windblown.  Well, a good friend of mine sent me a text on Tuesday saying I looked like those crazy mug shots of celebrities when they get in trouble...like this...
 Might I note that he's a man...but I seriously did LOL!  Because he's kind of right!
 
What I'm Going To Try in a Couple of Weeks:
My toy poodles will be celebrating their 13th birthday on the 4th of June.  My girls are spoiled.  Like really spoiled.  But I love them to pieces and found this recipe on FB this week that I'm going to make them for their b-day!  Every girl deserves a party!
 
What I'm Watching This Week:
Just my normal!  Southern Charm...this week's episode was sooo good AND Thursday is the season finale of Scandal.  Oh my word, did y'all watch it last week?  I can't wait to see what transpires tomorrow night. 

What I'm Annoyed By This Week:
I don't know why this annoys me so much but I watched a few episodes of Dr. Phil last week and at the end when he and Robin walks out just bothers me.  Why?  I don't know...but it does.  I mean, is the show Dr. Phil & Robin?   And yes, I am fully aware that this is super silly.

 
 What I'm Listening To This Week:
 No further explanation needed...
 
 OK gals, that's all I have today!  Come back tomorrow when I link up with Vanessa and Penny for Thinkin' Out Loud Thursday!

7 comments:

Kimm said...

Yay for peach green tea lemonade. It's life changing ;). And girl I love your new jeep and your tan lines remind me of some of the crazy tan lines I've gotten sitting at the ball field for hours!!! Have a great day!!!!

Laura said...

OMG you crack me up!! I'm trying that tea today!...if the drive thru line isn't too long when I go out for lunch to run errands! That pick of you and Nick!...I. CRACKED. UP!! And I don't watch much of Dr. Phil, either, but the times I have, it does gall me that they walk out together! And I don't know why either! Have a great hump day and continue to enjoy your vacay!! It's hot here in Lusiana, too!! And yes, I can spell my home state.

Jenny Morgan said...

Hi, my name is Jenny and I am a Peach Green Tea lemonade addict. I went and got another today!!!! I'm glad I don't have a Starbuck's super close by and if it weren't for the fact that I want to get out and drive my Jeep right now I probably wouldn't go but dang...it's sooooo good!

Jenny Morgan said...

Girl, yes!!!! You have to try it! Like ASAP...like go right now :) And IKR about the mug shot---I have to admit...he was pretty spot on with the similarities LOL!!!! Happy Wednesday! It's starting to cool off here but dang...I am not ready for the heat. And I LOVE the spelling of your home state :)

Lana L. said...

Hahaha....I took my boys to a Macklemore concert a few years ago, and Sir Mix A Lot was the opening act. A little uncomfortable with two teenage boys...oh well. So excited for your jeep, and I love your jeep hair. Mine would be extra crazy too!

Jenny Morgan said...

OMG, I would have loved that! Totally soul sisters--lol! And Jeep hair is the best!

Blogger said...

Get daily suggestions and methods for earning $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT