Friday, June 26, 2015

Confessional Friday

Hey Girls-

Happy Friday!  It's been forever but I am so excited to be linking up with the lovely Leslie over at A Blonde Ambition.  If you don't know this gal, you totally should and you should also keep her in your prayers because of some health issues she's been facing. 

Anywhoodle, what a week and I'm glad it's over because that means I only have 7 more days until I start Operation Vacation where my only issue will be what swimsuit to wear, what flip flops to put on to stroll to the beach or if my cocktail of choice will be beer or a daiquiri. 

So, let's get this confession started:

ONE:
I  confess that last night I had a first date with someone that could not have gone worse.  I'll be telling you gals all the deets on Tuesday but this is one that will definitely go down in the books along with things that happened that will leave you saying "No Way---you totally made that up".  Girls, I wish it were true but these are things that I can't make up.  You will totally want to read this!

TWO:
Speaking of first dates, I confess that I wear the same dress on every single first date that I go on.  No, for reals...every single first date.  If you haven't been here before, I am a single gal venturing my way through Match.com right now---which coincidentally has led to a lot of first dates.  But this dress is my go-to.  It's navy, spaghetti strapped that hits right above the knee---just enough skin exposed to have my date intrigued but not enough to make me Slutty McSlutterstein.  Anyway, after last night, I was totally bummed that I wasted it on that guy because I have another first date tonight so in the dryer it goes for a little fluff action to get the bad date smells off of it.

THREE:
I confess I ate cereal twice for dinner this week.  I could blame it on the fact that it's been so hot here in NC that I didn't want to add additional heat to my already overworking air conditioner but that would not be the truth.  Truth is, I was just feeling lazy and didn't want to dirty up any additional bowls, pans, etc. so cereal won.  I also confess that I am really weird about how I eat my cereal because I don't want it to get soggy before I finish it.  So, how do I rectify that situation you ask?  Well, I put it all over to one side and eat from the bottom of the pile.  Anyone else do that?  Or am I just cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs?

FOUR:
I confess that this was one of the funniest moments capture on camera this week.  My sweet intern Abby that is staying with me this Summer (oh, how I'm going to miss her when she goes back to school) and I were reliving my horrible date experience last night.  Abby is a Worship major at Liberty University and is all the time singing around the house, playing her guitar, etc.  Anyway, when I had traveled for work last week and she was home by herself, she was singing and my cat, Savannah, would meow back, which she thought meant to kindly "Shut Up" because cats aren't known for their sweetness, right?  Well, Abby has now come to the conclusion that Savannah is just singing along with her.  I wish I had gotten it on video because yes, indeed, when Abby started singing, Savannah started meowing.  It really was the cutest thing.

FIVE:
Speaking of traveling last week, I confess that my suitcase and some of the clothes I packed last week are still laying exactly where I put there upon arrival home.  I don't know what's wrong with me but my motivation for cleaning and organizing has been zilch over the last couple of week.  But I will put this suitcase up over the weekend.  Ugh!  #firstworldproblems

You can also see that because it has been sitting in the same place for so long, one of my resident pooches decided it was a permanent puppy bag and decided to take a little siesta in it.
SIX:
I confess that I got a bit hangry (hungry+ angry=not a good combination) while standing in line at Wal-Mart earlier in the week.  I mean, why do you have 30 registers and only 5 of them open when there are 48 people (ok, that may be a slight exaggeration but it sure felt like it) waiting in line to check out?  Come on Wal-Mart---get with the program?  Because of this and my oncoming hunger state, I grabbed the only thing in my cart that was easy to open and didn't require a fork which was kettle corn.  I kid you not, I ate half the bag just standing in line.  No judgment! 
SEVEN:
I confess that I was pretty excited to breakout this new purse that I bought from Charming Charlie's over the weekend for only $7.  I think it is so cute and I am obsessed with the color orange.  Unfortunately, I wasted this brand new bag's first inaugural appearance on "Nightmare on Date Street" last night but whatevs.  I'll probably carry it again on my first date with Bachelorette #18 tonight.
 
OK girls, These are my confessions said in my most sexiest Usher voice.  I hope y'all have a great weekend and be sure to come back Monday for my weekend recap.

10 comments:

Kimm said...

There is nothing wrong with eating your cart contents while standing in line ! Have a great weekend and good luck on the date tonight

Laura said...

I cannot WAIT to hear about what happened with Nightmare on Date Street!

Liz said...

Am so sorry you had a bad date and have my fingers crossed that tonight's is much better. Maybe this is me, but when I did the online dating thing I preferred the epic disaster dates over the "eh" it isn't going to work for mundane reasons dates. The disaster dates provide endless laughs whereas the "eh" dates are simply disappointing.

Lana L. said...

hahahah - nightmare on date street. You should write a book about your experiences :). Hope Saturday went better.

Jenny Morgan said...

LOL! I totally should girl and no, the other dates didn't go any better. You've got to read tomorrow's post!

Jenny Morgan said...

That is so true Liz! I have so many good stories where they were just plain horrible. And gosh, I could change my blog to just write about that stuff. And nope, the Friday date---although wasn't as bad was totally just an "eh" date. Ugh!

Jenny Morgan said...

It's crazy girl! All of it will be up on the blog tomorrow. Like seriously, I can't make this stuff up!

Jenny Morgan said...

LOL Kimm! It definitely wasn't the first time but popcorn was definitely the easier--try making a ham and cheese roll up, ha!

Megan said...

I am sad you had a bad date! All in Gods timing my friend..Love ya..

Jenny Morgan said...

Yes, girl, you are pray! And I know it's in his timing--I just need prayers for patience ;) Love ya too!