Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday Favorites...Beauty Products and a bit of Family


 Hi Girls-

We made it!  I don't know if it's because this is the first full week I've worked in awhile but y'all, this week was rough!  The weather hasn't been so great---rainy and overcast most days this week although the sun has teased us a few times.  But all in all, I am so glad it's Friday! 
I'm also glad to be linking up with Andrea, Erika and Narci to tell y'all about my favorites of the week.  I'm doing mostly beauty products this week with a little splash of a certain family member for good measure :)

So, let's get started...

ONE:
Philosophy's Purity Made Simple facial cleanser and Purity Made Simple facial cleansing cloths.  I've been using Philosophy for years.  I love the simpleness of it and it is one product that is really great for my acne prone skin---doesn't provide any dryness or extra oils.  Anyway, I've been using the Rodan & Fields products for a few weeks---jury is still out on this because I've not had the best results on it yet but I hear it takes a little bit of time.  I'll let y'all know what I think about that later.  But on Philosophy, I love this stuff---it gets off every stitch of my makeup plus my stubborn waterproof mascara.  I keep the cleaning cloths in my bedside table for those nights where I feel like I am just too tired to actually wash my face.  I order mine off of QVC because the pricing is a little better but also purchased it at Ulta when I've been in a pinch.
TWO:
Dollar Shave Club.  OK, I'll admit that I was a little skeptical on this one at first but I kept seeing a ton of messages about it on FB and decided to give it a try.  I've been doing it for about a year now.  I am on the "The Executive Plan" for $9 a month.  Check out my plan here.  Initial order comes with your razor handle and 4 cartridges and then you get 4 cartridges shipped right to my doorstep every single month.  You can delay the shipments any time which I've done on numerous occasions because apparently I don't shave my legs often enough to go through a razor every week.  But seriously, razors are expensive and I found this to be a great plan for me plus I don't have to go out to shop for them. 



THREE:
Let's get down to the nitty gritty now gals--it's not a subject that we like to deal with but if I'm going to talk about shaving, I'm going to talk about waxing "down there" {insert gasp} LOL.  OK, but for reals, here's the deal...I normally get a bikini wax or a Brazilian wax for the Summer but my girl that I have used for years moved and it's really just not that easy just finding a new gal that you let get all personal with your lady bits.  Am I right?  Anyway, in an effort to find an in between resource, I picked these up at my local Ulta on a whim a time back.  Now if I'm being completely honest and you've never had your "cuckoo" (what we call it with the kids) waxed, it is not the most pleasant experience.  It doesn't hurt as much as it used to anymore but it's still not a walk in the park either.  Anywhoodle, back to the product at hand---Parissa provides small wax strips sized perfectly for the spots that you are putting them on.  You just warm them up between your hands, put it on your area and pull.  It also includes a little bottle of oil to prevent ingrown hairs. 
Oh, and in trying to find different words for your "down under" parts, I looked it up on the online thesaurus.  Y'all, I felt like a 14 year old boy giggling.  I would never put those words on here.

FOUR:
Girls, we are on the cusp of Summertime and I've already hit the beach and the Jeep and gotten my fair share of sunshine.  Most of the time, I am completely prepared and slather on the sunscreen to protect my beautiful skin from looking like Magda from There's Something About Mary or a California Raisin in a few years. 
Y'all I remember these vividly and I also remember begging my parents to take me to Hardee's to get these exact figurines :)
OK, sorry for the sidetrack.  So in spite of making every effort to keep my skin from burning, I almost always miss a spot in the most weird places ever---like the tops of my feet or my arm pit or a line on my thigh.  When that happens I turn to my most faithful After Sun care products.  I swear by both of these and always have them in my cabinet.  I've only been able to find the Burt's Bee product at Target or you can buy it online like Amazon.
FIVE:
OK, moving away from beauty products, my last favorite of the week involves my super awesome sister :)  She was the original blogger in our family and she's actually the reason I got interested in it in the first place but then life happened and she's been on a bit of a blogatus (blog hiatus).  Anyway, she's back at it and has blogged every single day this week and I love it!  So, if you're interested in learning about chickens in any way (I'm kidding, she writes about other stuff too-LOL), mosey on over and check her out. And even if you don't want to know what a chicken coop looks like, go over there anyway and show her some blog love just for me.  You can find her here.  Her post yesterday was really good and I'm planning on doing a little Q&A up on my blog next week so you can get to know her a little better.
And here's the beautiful gal in person...oh, how I love her!
Alright gals, that's all I have!  I hope y'all have a super fantastic weekend! 

16 comments:

Stephanie Cope said...

Aww :) Thank you my favorite sister! I've been inspired by your blog faithfulness to get back to it! Now let's see how next week goes and if I can keep it up!

Kimberly said...

I love Philosophy! My go-to scent is Falling in Love!

JenCowan said...

She commented on my blog yesterday and I thought that MAY have been your sista! Happy Friday chickie!

Mama J said...

I am going to try the Hawaiian Tropic After Sun product. Have a great weekend!

Megan said...

Oh yay! I will have to check her out! and I was cracking up through this whole post!! The Something About Mary reference cracked me up!!! lol

Jenny Morgan said...

I love Falling in Love too---Unconditional Love & Pure Grace are two of my other faves ;)

Jenny Morgan said...

Yes, you can keep it up :)

Jenny Morgan said...

Happy Fri-Yay lady :) Hope you have a super fantastic weekend!

Jenny Morgan said...

Yes, I love it and have been using it quite a bit unfortunately lately! Have a great weekend! And lather on the sunscreen :)

Jenny Morgan said...

Yes, you must! Girl, it's all about truth today--even the waxing ;)

Laura said...

Love, love, LOVE Philosophy, but they quit making Inner Grace and I was like, "WHA?" So I'm back to Amazing Grace! Lord knows I need all the GRACE I can get!

April Parrish said...

I love Philosophy!!! Going to be sure to check out your sister'a blog.
Have a blessed weekend!
April
www.lifeinbucklesberry.blogspot.com

Jenny Morgan said...

LOL Laura! Now that's funny! I loved Inner Grace too but have Amazing Grace as well.

Jenny Morgan said...

IKR April! Philosophy is great! Thanks so much for reading and I'm going to head over and check you out right now. Have a great weekend!

Kimm said...

Ok I see that ad for the shave club all the time. I think I need to do it. Girl your posts always bring a smile to my face! Thanks for being you

Jenny Morgan said...

Yes girl, give it a try. You can cancel anytime but really it's so much easier for me, especially because I hate going places to shop--I am an online shopping queen. And thanks for the compliment--just keeping it real! ;)