Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Currently....

Hey Girls-

Happy Wednesday Y'all!  Hopefully this is a short week for you because of the upcoming birthday of our sweet 'Murica.  In my case, it is T-minus 3 days to vacay and I don't have the first thing done.  But I have a list ;) 

So, today I am totally borrowing, ok, let's be honest, I'm stealing a post idea from my bloggy friend Ryan over at Loved & Lovely.  If you haven't checked her out before, you must do it!  This gal has the most amaze-balls fashion sense and is smart, funny, gorgeous and makes me covet her hair more than I did Britt from The Bachelor.  Anywhoodle, in my defense, I did tell her I was going to steal it!  That makes it okay, right?

Well, let's get into it...here's what is Currently... going on in my life...

  • Reading...my daily devotional.  I'm really trying to make sure I'm spending time every day in His word.  It's hard because I get so distracted with my To-Do lists, TV, social media, etc but I find I feel so much better when I start my day off with Him. 
  • Watching...The Bachelorette.  I told myself I wasn't going to get sucked into another season of this but alas, I have.  I'll admit that I wasn't the biggest fan of Kaitlyn and would have preferred Britt because OMG, have you seen her hair?!?  Dirty or not, I want her hair!  But back to the current season, there seems to be so much man drama going on and I am certain there are a few guys who should have their man cards revoked--for reals!  And after Monday night's "ugly cry like a girl" fit from Chris the dentist, otherwise known as "Cupcake", I was seriously questioning ABC's idea to have a breakup occur on the edge of a cliff in Dublin.  Umm, he got real close a few time---don't jump Cupcake, no girl is ever worth that. 
  • Trying...to exercise at least 3 times a week.  With all the eating I've been doing, this is the least I can do for my body.
  • Cooking...tacos.  I've been on a Mexican kick and can't seem to get enough of the yummy goodness. Now throw in a margarita and you've got yourself a party!
  • Eating...Everything in sight!  You would think that with my upcoming vacation I would be much more conscious of what I'm putting in my mouth but nope, that is definitely not the case.  Bring on the Chick-Fil-A which I actually did have Monday night. 
  • Drinking...OK, so although I am not doing well altogether on my eating, I am actually drinking a protein shake at least for breakfast and sometimes for lunch. 
  • Pinning...I've been seeing all these cute 4th of July decorations, especially my sweet friend Megan's decorations but have never done my own because I'm always on vacation during the 4th.  Well, all that is going to change because I didn't even realize I had a 4th of July board on my Pinterest page until today when I pinned this but lo and behold I do and I'm hoping to get some sweet after the 4th deals to collect for next year.
  • Going...to the Beach this Friday for vacation!  Whoo hoo!  Bring on the sun, sand, sea (although I won't be getting in the water--have y'all heard about all the shark attacks?) and cocktails!
  • Loving...having Abby in my home.  If you are new here, Abby is an intern at my church this Summer and has been living with me since 5/26.  This is the first time I've ever lived with anyone other than family and I thought I would hate it after a few weeks but I'm so blessed to have her here.  Plus, I found that I really like taking care of someone!
  • Hating...the guy that made me wait for him on the "date" on Sunday and that he actually texted me Monday night asking me why I stood him up saying he was there an hour before our planned meeting.  Say what?!?  Um, no you weren't--I was in the restaurant sly!  OK, "hate" is a strong word but I really, really dislike him a lot.  Good riddance! 
  • Discovering...that Abby is actually leaving on August 9th.  For some reason, I thought I had her until later in August so I am pretty bummed that I'm losing her earlier now. 
  • Thinking...if I'm going to go back red for the Fall.  This heat has me thinking all crazy time and desiring cooler temperatures which means a new hair color. 
  • Thanking...my stars everyday for the great friendships that I have formed through this blog.  You girls know who you are and I love y'all to pieces!
  • Feeling...like it would be super cool to meet all lovely blogger friends one day.  Boy, what a weekend that would be!
  • Hoping...that I manage to get all the sunscreen in the right place next week and don't suffer a sunburn at the beach...or a hangover. 
  • Smelling...Gain Wall Fragrance Plug Ins.  My office is right next to my laundry room and I am in the process of doing 18 loads of laundry.  OK, so that may be a slight exaggeration but I really have no idea how one person can accumulate so many loads.  Anyway, I have an obsession with the Gain smell (detergent, car plug in, fabric softener, etc)  and this is just another add to my collection. 
  • Considering...cancelling my subscription on Match.com.  I know I mentioned it in yesterday's post that I was taking a sabbatical for a couple of weeks and although I may not cancel it altogether, I definitely think that I'll stay off the site for a month or so.  So much work is involved and I think I became over inundated with it and need to get back to real life for a while. 
  • Finishing...My blog posts for this week so that I can concentrate 100% on vacation.  I'm making no promises on blogging while I am out of town although if a rain storm happens to come up and I'm stuck for a little bit of time, I may let y'all know what I'm up to.
Okey doke girls!  That's all I have for today...come back tomorrow when I link up with the amazing Vanessa & Penny for a little Thinking Out Loud Thursday!

16 comments:

Megan said...

Love this!!! thanks for complimenting my decorations! ;) and I think we should totally have a meet and hang out weekend! Do I need to start watching the bachelorette so that we can sending crazy memes to each during the whole thing???

Kimm said...

Ummmm...yay for the beach and cocktails...and seriously I will be staying out of the ocean...I'm not loving all the shark stories so close to home these days!!!!

Deena Simair said...

Sign me up for a meetup, I think we would get a long just dandily. Which isn't a word.

Liz said...

I wish I could quit the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise. I will cold turkey it for a few seasons and then get sucked back in! It is such a time commitment! I imagine I could have done something more worthy in the 2+ hours a week I have spent tuning in season after season.

Mama J said...

What Devotional do you use? I have been using "Jesus Calling" for the last three years, and I want to mix it up a little. And YES to the smell of Gain. I get everything I can in that scent, even my Mr. Clean to mop my floors! I loved your post today, and I just might have to join in one of these Wednesdays. Have a great day!

Lana L. said...

I want to be invited to the meet up with you and Deena. I finally broke my Bachelor/Bachelorette habit when Juan was on - I just couldn't watch that man. I hope you have the most wonderful, relaxing vacay!

Jenny Morgan said...

I am currently doing the 2015 Devotional Collection: Daily Wisdom for Women...and I love it. I have heard wonderful things about "Jesus Calling" and considered it for January 2016. And, oh my, another Gain lover. I have an obsession. And I just picked up the Mr. Clean a few weeks ago. I hate mopping but do it just so I can smell it. I definitely have an problem. And yes girl, please join in ;)

Jenny Morgan said...

Totally girl! That would be awesome! And I should have stopped with Hu-Wan because he disgusted me. And one more day for vacay--whoo hoo!

Jenny Morgan said...

Me too!!!! And I do the same thing--stop for a couple of seasons but then it pulls me back in. I've also gotten sucked into Bachelor in Paradise because I think that is all kinds of ridiculous. I think I'll have to definitely take a break after this season. Too much!

Jenny Morgan said...

It's as much of a word as dumbassery :) Which is now my new favorite word!

Jenny Morgan said...

It's crazy and another one I heard about yesterday on a NC beach. My toes will be planted only in the sand :)

Jenny Morgan said...

You are welcome my friend! I love it. And yes, let's have a meet up---like for reals, how much fun would that be. And although I would love to have someone to send crazy memes to regarding the Bachelorette...girl, I would never get you sucked into it. I must QUIT it! But now, Scandal is a whole different thing---can't wait for that to start back just to get the crazy memes going again--LOL!

Ryan Hargrave said...

Holy cow - you're the sweetest! I bailed out on the Bachelor/Bachelorette a couple of seasons ago, so I had to google Britt. Hilariously, a suggested search was "Britt Bachelorette hair." And dang, that girl has great hair, so I will take your compliment straight to heart. ;) I feel the same way about blog friendships, and I always think to myself, "We would TOTALLY be best friends in real life!" And, for what it's worth, I vote for red! :)

Sandra Black said...

I love getting to know you! :) You are such a wonderful, cheerful Lady who has a fantastic sense of humour :) Reading your blogs always makes me smile, thank you for sharing!! :)

Jenny Morgan said...

Aww, thank you so much sweet girl!

Jenny Morgan said...

LOL, you are sooo funny! And that is hilarious about the search--it's true...I think she's more known for her hair than she is for herself. And yes, I am definitely leaning towards red ;)