Monday, August 3, 2015

I'm Baaaaack!

Hi Girls-

OMGeeee...has it really been nearly a month since I last blogged?!?  And yes, I know that I am super late in posting this for today but...there's no time like the present! 

I have missed y'all so much!  Honestly, I've thought about writing a million times but just couldn't muster up the energy to put the words to computer here.  But I'm back in it and I have a million things to tell y'all. 

July was a super busy month...between vacation and dating and some travel for work and spending time with my Abbey (who if you are new here is a church intern that's been living with me) and just doing a million different things I shouldn't be surprised by how quickly the month flew by.  I also realize more than anything this month just how blessed I am.  I have such a good life!  But before I rehash my entire July which I'll do over the next couple of weeks, I just figured I'd ease back into my bloggy status by just doing a weekend recap.

Abbey's last day with me will be August 9th {insert a whole bunch of crocodile tears}.  I never thought I could forge such a friendship with someone in such a short amount of time and gosh, I really do love this girl and am going to miss her like crazy.  More on Abbey in a separate post but we've been spending a lot of time together in anticipation of her leaving.  Well Friday night, we went to the White Water Center in Charlotte and had dinner hoping to catch a good view of the sunset.  The sunset ended up being kind of blah because it all happened behind the tree line but the company couldn't have been any better.  This girl has really done a number of me and taken me out of my comfort zone in so many ways.  I am so blessed to have had her in my house and I can only hope that I've had as much impact on her life as she's had on mine. 


This is Abbey trying the pimento cheese dip which I thought was absolutely delicious.  I give her extra kudos for trying it because this gal's palate consists of chicken tenders, chicken parm, and Chick-Fil-A :)
Saturday we were hosting a cookout for her team at church so I started prep on Friday night which included making Paula Deen's Grandma's Sour cream pound cake.  This was Abbey's part in the baking.  Bless her heart!  She said her momma never let her lick the bowl so I told her that if she got sick, she had to swear not to tell her momma that I allowed her to do this.

Saturday morning, I was up bright and early, running around getting my house ready for the guests coming over later and picking up 2 gallons of ice cream at Abbey's favorite ice cream store.  Abbey loves ice cream as much as she loves Chick-Fil-A and I've bought about 82 gallons of the stuff just this summer.  OK, that may be a slight exaggeration but seriously, I have bought more ice cream over the last 2.5 months than I think I have in my entire adult life.  Again, I love this girl!
So, unfortunately, I didn't get the first photo of the peeps that came over for the party but I did get this one of my sweet Abbey & I.  She drew a photo of us because I don't have any framed photos of us (yet) around the house. 
Sunday morning rolled around and after church Abbey and I ate leftover hamburgers and hot dogs and then we were off as she had a flight to Philly to meet up with her boyfriend and his family for a vacay in Ocean City, NJ.  I have to admit, I went into a little bit of momma mode making sure that she had everything she needed, checked in with me after she got her tickets, went through security, landed, etc.  Everything went peachy keen and she got to her destination and to her love just perfectly.  She'll be back on Wednesday night and I have to say that I already miss her tons. 

Alright gals, that's all I have for my first blog of August!  I am feeling all inspired again and I have so much to get you caught up on.  Tomorrow I am sharing my 10 Thoughts on What Not To Put on Your Dating Profile.  Y'all know I can't make this stuff up so there will be lots of pictures.

0 comments: