Thursday, August 6, 2015

Thinking Out Loud Thursday....Another Edition of "Things You Don't Know About Me"

Hey Girls-

Happy Thursday Y'all!  I am so excited to be linking up with my gal pals VanessaPenny for Thinking Out Loud Thursday today.  In thinking about what I wanted to post today, I thought after such a long blog break, it definitely called for something random and I hadn't done a "Things You Don't Know About Me" post in awhile and I know that I've got some new readers that I wanted to give some more insight on moi too. 


Before I get into that, I first want to tell y'all about my new blogger buddy Susan.  Sweet Susan has been following me and a lot of the other blogs I love for awhile now and always gives the sweetest comments.  Well, about a month ago, Susan sent me an email expressing her desire to start a blog herself and had some questions about getting started.  Of course, I laughed out loud because I see myself as one of the most unskilled bloggers in the group that I follow.  Also, coming from the person that took a month off, I felt I was super unqualified for the task.  Eek!  Well, Susan took some of my crazy advice and has now ventured out into the wonderful world of blogging and I am so excited for her.  She's also agreed to do a big introduction post with me in a few weeks when she feels a little more comfortable behind the screen.  In the meantime, how about y'all meander over to her blog and give her some love?  You can check out The Courson Crew here.  Y'all remember when you first started doing this and how uncertain you were about blogging and what to write about and who was going to read.  Well, I want Susan to know that this is a great community with a great support network.  And I'm sure she would love some advice from some of you gals who are much more savvy in the blogger world than I am :)  She's doing a great job so far and has a beautiful family.  I think you'll love it!

OK, let's get into it...here are 17 things you don't know about me.
  1. When I get nervous, I speak super quick.  And given the fact that I speak quickly anyway, yes I know not very Southern, when I'm nervous it gets amplified even worse.  I've been told I often sound like I'm speaking another language.
  2. I am obsessed with pillows.  I can't seem to get enough and I change them around my house all the time resulting in a lack of space to store all the pillows that I am trading out.
  3. My garage is currently a mess and I am so ashamed of it.  I pride myself as a pretty good housekeeper but the garage is just not something I am concerned about, although it drives me nuts when I go out and get in my car.  This only last a few moments and then I forget about it until I pull back in.
  4. I don't write about my blog on my FB page at all.  It terrifies me to have all my friends know that I have it.  Maybe it's a fear of judgment, that I'm not a good enough writer or that I would rather have perfect strangers read about my life than my friends :)  (Just to be clear, my close friends know I have the blog but I have a lot of acquaintances on FB that I wouldn't typically spend my Friday night's with).
  5. I have a gray hair in my eyebrow and one on my chin that I swear pops up overnight.  It's just one but dang---for reals, stop! 
  6. My dogs are 13 and my cat is 15 and I am terrified of something happening to them.  Listen, I know the circle of life but I am not sure I can handle that.  I try not to think about it but...
  7. I currently have 4,751 photos on my iPhone.  I have saved these all to my computer but don't want to delete them.
  8. I know I told y'all that I am taking a break from dating already.  I'll be posting about this in more detail maybe next week.  However, I have a major fear that I will end up alone.  I've given this over to God as I know he has his own plans for my love life.  I'm just trying to be patient waiting for Him to give it back to me.
  9. I really want a selfie stick---like really bad but feel certain I would make fun of other 37 year olds that had one.
  10. At this very moment I am writing this, I am devouring a bag of chips like I am on death row and this is the last meal that I will ever eat.  Which leads me to #11. 
  11. I have gained more weight this Summer than I care to admit.  With that being said, I am terribly unmotivated to lose it.  Maybe because I know that full cover up weather is upon us and I'll be able to break out the tunics and boots to cover up the extra lbs. 
  12. Having Abbey here with me this Summer has really taken me out of my comfort zone in so many ways and I've learned so much about myself in the short time she's been with me.  This scares me and makes me proud at the same time.  I have a full post coming up about her next week.
  13. My closet is a complete mess and I would be mortified for any of y'all to walk in it right now.   I would probably tell you that a robbery had to have occurred in order for it to look like it does.
  14. I hate getting in public pools because of the large amounts of piss and boogers that I know is in it.  If it doesn't smell like chlorine when I arrive, I will just be getting my tan on.
  15. I am obsessed with Sam Hunt's 'Take Your Time' song and play it on repeat whenever I go out driving.  Over and over and over.  I love it!
  16. I have eaten a hot dog or hamburger every single day since last Saturday.  We had a cook out and I've been eating leftovers ever since. 
  17. I am so ready for Summer and the NC heat to be over!  Y'all, it's not just because I am ready for Fall and getting out my boots and sweaters and let us not forget the scrumptious yumminess known as Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte.  The real reason is that this heat is not good for us bigger breasted gals and the booby sweat struggle for us girls that deal with it is real!  If you can identify, can I get an Amen?
Alright gals, that's all I have for today!  Do you feel like you know me any better?  Think I'm a bit more crazy than you may have thought I was?  Yeah, well, that's probably true :)

Come back tomorrow where I'm sharing my Friday Favorites!  I'm going to be talking about some major sucking power, naked stuff and a whole bunch of sweetness.  Have a great Thursday y'all!