Monday, September 7, 2015

Happy Monday...Weekend Recap plus a few other things.

Hi Girls-

Happy Monday!  I hope you are all enjoying a long holiday weekend with your friends and family.  I decided not to go to the beach this weekend on account of the fact that I am going out of town with my friend Pam this coming weekend.  Where you ask?  Well, us two gals are heading to Columbia, MO via Kansas City for a Sam Hunt concert.  She scored some tickets from a customer of hers and he is giving a private concert for a company located in that area. So I will be getting my country on, pulling out my boots, cowboy hat and a stronger Southern accent than is necessary and hanging out in the Midwest for the weekend.  I'm pretty excited about it!

I think he's so pretty!  Oh, and he sings too! ;)
Before I move on, let's just address the elephant in the room.  I've done horrible at blogging lately.  Between traveling more than I had planned and some other things going on personally, blogging just hasn't been a priority.  But I've missed it, and you gals, more than you know.  I even had a few of you reach out to make sure that I was ok.  I {heart} you gals! Anywhoodle, I'm moving on. 

It was really nice to be in town for a whole week, especially because I came down with a super Summer cold that took me out.  But thanks to my wonderful doctors prescribing me some delicious hydrocodone, I slept exceptionally well every single night.  Yeah for drugs!!! 

I don't want to jump all over but since it's been a while since I blogged, I'm trying to choose what things to share.  As I pointed out above, I've been traveling just about every week...Connecticut, Chicago, New Orleans, Indianapolis...sometimes I wake up and can't remember what city I am in.  But this is only part of my job and y'all, I really love what I do and know that in a few months it will slow down again and I'll be jonesing to get back on a plane. 

Last week was a rough week girls, like one of those weeks where I just wanted to be hugged and drink an exorbitant amount of wine.  On Tuesday night, I noticed that my sweet, 15 year old kitty was acting a bit off.  She was letting me pick her up and rub her for long periods of time which is not her norm.  My Daily Jenny photo on IG was even of the two of us together and how she was really not wanting me to leave.
I brushed it off as her old age and the fact that maybe, indeed she did like me.  Well, Wednesday morning was kind of a rush as I was busy getting ready to head off to the airport for my New Orleans trip.  Again, my sweet girl was not acting like herself so I made her a vet appointment that my sister could take her to because she was already on her way to pick up my poodles and I needed to catch my flight.  Fast forward a few hours, including me landing in New Orleans, I had to make the horrible decision that no pet parent wants to make.  Even worse, I couldn't be there.  So, my sister, who I am convinced is an angel, was strong for me and we FaceTimed so that I could be there during my sweet Savannah's last moments.  I'm crying as I type this because it is still so fresh and I miss her like crazy.  My sister went with me this past week to pick up her cremains, which is not a fun task to do anyway but I am so blessed to have the most awesomely, amazing, incredible sister who literally will do anything for me. 

I brought this sweet baby home over 15 years ago from a flea market.  She was my first adult "on my own" pet.  She was sassy and feisty, which I'm convinced she got from me but when she wanted she was loving and purred louder than any other cat I've been around. 


I will miss you like crazy my sweet Savannah girl...momma loves you forever!
OK, onto happier times, thanks y'all for letting me get that out of my system.  It's been weighing on this girls heart pretty bad. 

If you've been following me for any amount of time on here or especially on IG (nc30grits), you know that Fall is one of my most favorite times of the year.    I love breaking out my leggings and boots, donning scarves and hats, using my crockpot to make every soup and stew imaginable, watching the leaves change colors, going apple picking, spending all my money at Bath & Body Works on all the new Fall scents (my faves this year are Leaves, Sweater Weather and Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake), making apple and pumpkin butter to slather on everything or enjoying the crisp Autumn air and let's not forget drinking crazy amounts of Pumpkin Spice Lattes and eating pumpkin flavored anything because let's face it, why not?!?  I love Fall..plus it rhymes with Y'all and how could I not love that?!? 

I am one of those people who loves decorating their house for every holiday...Christmas and Fall are my favorite times and when I really put in the most effort.  The colors go with the color scheme I already have in my house and the Fall is the perfect excuse for me to pull out the droves of burlap fabric I have just waiting to be adorned on just about everything in my downstairs:  placemats, bows, pennant signs, stuffed inside topiary jars, pillows...you get the idea.  I love burlap!  I've been posting photos on IG the last few days but I wanted to give y'all a better look inside my cozy Southern home.  And before you even say it, yes, I know that technically Fall doesn't start until 9/23 but whatevs...in my heart and my house, it is already Fall.   

So, here we go.  I was busy getting my space ready for Autumn which meant packing up a ton of Summer stuff and dishes and décor.  Between church and dinner out on Saturday night, my weekend consisted of this.  Welcome to my Fall House!


























OK gals, I am so happy to be back and sharing with y'all.  I do have a full week of blogging planned and I can't wait to get caught up on all the shenanigans of all my favorite blogger gals.

I hope you all have a super fab Labor Day and are enjoying it relaxing and spending it with your friends and family.  Come back tomorrow for my 10 Thoughts Tuesday!

0 comments: