Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday Favorites Y'all...

Hey Girls-

Happy Friday y'all!  Whoo hoo, it's Friday, let's part-ay!  I am so glad this week is over.  I have a super fun weekend planned as this gal is heading out to see the super delicious Sam Hunt...oh and have you seen his guitarist?  Yummy!



Today, I'm linking up with Erika, Andrea and Narci for Friday Favorites. 

ONE:

This is one of my most favorite photos of my momma and daddy.  They seriously were two of the greatest people that I have ever known.  This week, 9/8/63, was the day that they were married.  It would have been their 52nd wedding anniversary.  Doesn't my daddy look like James Bond?  I love you both and miss you dearly.

TWO:
If you follow me on IG, I've taken pictures of a few items I've gotten from this company and I am absolutely in love with everything that they sell.  Be Still Clothing Co. is amaze-balls.  This is the latest item that I just ordered from them from their new Fall collection.  You must go check them out!  And they are on IG too!

THREE:
I've talked a lot about my sister lately on here but she really is the best ever!!!  I saw this earlier this week on FB and sent it to her because it couldn't be more perfect than to describe our relationship.  Love you Steph!
FOUR:
If you were a child in the 80's, I'm sure you will be just as excited as I was when I saw this on FB this past week.  Say what?!?  Y'all, it's Rainbow Brite & Starlight & Twink.  I had these dolls and I watched this cartoon.  Needless to say, the kids in my life just might need this in their lives too...meaning that they are going to stay at my house so "they" can play with them. 
FIVE:
So, when I was trying to come up with a Favorite's list for this week, I was scrolling through my photos in my phone and searching on FB, etc.  Well, I came across this article and for some reason I couldn't save the link but y'all get the idea.  The title of the article was '28 Awesome Wine Bottle Crafts That Will Make You Want to Drink More Wine'....hmm, like I need another reason.  Am I right, Katie?  Anywhoodle, are these not the cutest DIY crafts that you've ever seen?  I'm totally doing these so if you need me over the next couple of weeks, I will be knee deep in wine bottles which means that I'll have had an exorbitant amount of wine to drink which means I'm not sure how good this décor will actually look.  LOL!



OK gals, those are my favorites of the week.  I hope that you have a super fab weekend!

Before I leave today, I don't want to overlook what today is...9/11.  'Where were you when the world stopped turning...?"  I was running late to work that day for reasons that I can't remember and the radio station I was listening too interrupted a song that was being played.  The DJ was crying saying he couldn't believe what his eyes were seeing---it was the moment that the first plane hit at 8:46am.  I had made it into the office before the second plane hit.  Unbelievable!  Was this really happening in our great country?  Our company had TV's wheeled into different sections of the office and we huddled around watching the terrible things that were unfolding.  That's where I was at when the other planes hit.  Everyone's life forever changed.  I scrolled through FB and IG this morning with tons of "We Will Never Forget" pictures.  I believe that statement...we will never forget the horrific attach that claimed the lives of thousands of innocent people on 9/11.  I will be praying for all those families whose lives were forever changed when their loved ones didn't come home that day, for those children who never met their fathers or grandfathers or aunts or uncles.  I pray for the firefighters and first responders who ran in, when people were running out, and gave their lives so heroically.  You All Will Never Be Forgotten!

0 comments: