Wednesday, September 16, 2015

It Really Is A Sisterhood...

Hey Girls-

Happy Wednesday!  I hope y'all are having a super fantastic week so far!  You are half way there and that I am just one mere Thursday away from Scandal coming back.  Can I get an Amen?!? 

I started blogging in January 2014.  I really can't believe that it's been almost two years since I first started spilling my guts.  But I wouldn't change a thing...well, other than taking so many breaks throughout that time #bloggerfail.  I really wasn't sure exactly what I was going to write about or tell y'all about or if I would even have any readers but I put all that aside to just be honest and tell my story.  I had read blogs for many years and was so intrigued by the talent that these women had and how they would pour their soul into the words that would appear on my side of the screen and would give me so many different ranges of emotions from laughter to tears to feeling hopeful.  I wanted to be one of these gals.  And y'all, I am so glad I took the plunge because I have "met" some of the most incredible women who I truly consider to be friends and one day I think we should have a big blog love fest where we'll meet up and laugh and drink lots of wine and/or beer and talk about all the pretty clothes y'all are wearing because we all know I spend my days in pj's and then you ladies will tell me all about the wonderful men that you've been hiding since we met and would be perfect for me ;)

OK, so why am I telling y'all this?  Well, forever and a day ago, my sweet, beautiful blogger friend Katie, whom I absolutely adore as she is a fellow single gal and her love for wine is just one of the many things that I love about her, nominated me for the Sisterhood of Blogging Award.  While it has taken me a month to actually get around to posting this, sorry my friend, I am extremely honored she selected me :)  You rock, girlfriend.  Oh, and if you've never read Katie's blog, you must get over there immediately (well, read here first and than head over)..you can find her at The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life.  Katie's also teamed up with a group of other fabulous bloggers and created a fantastic new blog called The Blended Blog.  They are both fantastic blogs that you will sure want to follow.  Oh, and if you want to see what questions Katie answered, you can check it out here.

Anywhoodle, Katie gave me a list of 10 questions that she wanted me to answer so that y'all can learn a little more about me.  So...here goes....
  1. How has blogging enhanced your life?  How has it not?!?  If you meet my sister, she would tell you that I don't have any tear ducts.  Well, that would be true to people that don't know me well.  I consider my circle of friends, that I'm very selective in who I include, my support system.  These are the people that I share some of those deeper, darker thoughts that I would never share with anyone that I don't know really well.  Surprisingly, and to much shock for myself, I tend to share just about everything here on my blog.  I am so open in discussing stories about my parents, my love life, my life failures, the good times, the bad times, etc.  I mean, most of y'all know more about my love life than 98% of my FB friends.  Blogging is so therapeutic for me.  And I have to bring up again that I have "met" the most wonderful women who are so incredibly supportive and have given me so many virtual hugs in times of pain and that I think are now great friends of mine.   
  2. What's your favorite guilty pleasure show?  If you've read here for awhile you know that I have an addiction to everything on Bravo--Real Housewives of "Wherever", Southern Charm, Below Deck, Don't Be Tardy, Million Dollar Listing, etc.  But if I only could watch one show for the rest of my life it would definitely be Scandal.  Like for reals!  You're with me, right Megan?
  3. What are you reading now?   OK, so honestly, I have been neck deep in Fall cookbooks.  I have a slight addiction to them.  Any suggestions from y'all for some good Fall reads?
  4. What are three things you can't live without?  OK, so if I take out family, friends and dogs, my three "can't live without things" would be lipstick/gloss/chapstick (I think of all these things in the same category), burlap (because it's a staple for all of my decorations), my Bible. 
  5. Morning Person or Night Owl?  Umm, I can actually be either.  I don't get super enthused about waking up early but can do it without being a crazy person but I can also hang pretty late as well...just maybe not as well as I did when I was in my 20's.
  6. What season do you think is easiest to dress for?  Fall is my absolute favorite season ever...I mean leggings, sweaters, blardigans, scarves, boots and beanies.  I mean, how could you not like that, right?!?  But I think Summer is probably the easiest to dress for---a tank and shorts or a sundress requires minimal effort. 
  7. Have you ever done anything that's taken you out of your comfort zone?  If so, what?  Yes, honey, I've done a ton of stuff that's taken me out of my comfort zone from working in a predominately male industry selling chainsaws and other power equipment to moving to a different state when I first started my sales career to online dating and many others but my most recent out of my comfort zone will be occurring this Saturday.  My church Life Group starts up again this Saturday and I will be co-leading with two other super fantastic ladies.  I have been having major anxiety about this because how can I lead other women when I think that I'm not qualified to do so (ie, I'm screwed up too).  God is working in me right now and I know that he has led me to do this and I am being supported by so many within our church but y'all, it's scary stepping out in faith and allowing God to do what he is actually telling you to do.  Incidentally, I actually participated in a video for my church a few weeks ago that talked about my story and why Life Group is so important to me...you can check it out here.  Ironically, it just posted on our church's FB page today ;)
  8. Where is your favorite place to visit?  The beach is my place...which admittedly is pretty funny because I am a cooler weather girl through and through but the beach brings such calmness and serenity to my soul.  I love just sitting in the sand and watching the ocean and the sky and the sun or moon. 
  9. What genre of music is your favorite and why?  I like to think I have a pretty eclectic taste in music.  I love everything from country to rock to folk to R&B to rap to jazz to contemporary.  You name it, I will probably like it but y'all I don't dance...unless it's by myself and I'm in my kitchen or if I've had too much Fireball.  I am a total white girl dancer!
  10. What would your perfect day entail?  Any day with my family and close friends is a perfect day.  Now if you throw in a little cookout with some cocktails, maybe a little beach visit with a private performance by Sam Hunt (I'll be on that kick for awhile) then it would make my perfect day complete. 
Alright you lovely ladies...those are my answers.  Thank you again Katie for nominating me!  You, my friend, are fabulous!!!

Now it's my turn to ask some questions and nominate some fabulous bloggers.  Hope you girls are up to the challenge and that you haven't already done this...again, I know I'm a little late to the party ;)
 

Here are your questions ladies...

Why did you get into blogging?
How did you choose your blog name?
What is your favorite season and why?
If you could choose one favorite clothing style or hair style from your past to bring back, what would it be?
Do you have a favorite blog post?
Have you ever shared anything on your blog that you wish you hadn't after you had already posted it?
What's your favorite way to relax?
What would your dream job be?
What is one of your fears?
Who would play you in a movie about your life?  I totally stole this from Katie because I think it's a great question---mine would totally be Kate Winslet but more of her from 'The Holiday' and a lot less 'Titanic' ;) 

Alright gals, that's all I have today!  I hope you've enjoyed getting to know me a little better.  I love posts like this.  Y'all have a great day and come back tomorrow when I'm linking up with Vanessa and Penny for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.

0 comments: