Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Ten Thoughts Tuesday...Why I Love the 'Golden Girls'

Hey Girls-

Happy Tuesday!  I'll be honest that I am posting this seeing as how I just posted my Weekend Wrap Up less than 12 hours ago.  If you didn't read it yet, make sure you do.  It's all kinds of good. 

So today's post is going to be all about my love of one of my most favorite TV shows of all times.  A Show that I literally have watched every single episode no less than half a dozen times at least.  It's all about the 'Golden Girls' y'all.  I love, love, love everything about this show.  Heck, I even wrote a paper about it in my Death & Dying class in college. 

Why am I writing about the gals?  Well, y'all, apparently yesterday was the 30th Anniversary from their premier on TV and I couldn't let that just pass by without a convo. 

Let's just get into it...Ten Thoughts on why I love the 'Golden Girls'.

  1. The phrase "Picture It...Sicily, 19---whatever" is infamous, well to me it is, and I try to say it as often as I can.
  2. Wicker furniture---need I say more?!?
  3. The name that Blanche calls her father, "Big Daddy"--I mean, how could you not love that?
  4. The fact that the girls were emotional eaters---Hello Cheesecake!!!!  They are definitely my soul sisters.
  5. The fact that they dealt with social issues that definitely weren't discussed during this time.  Do you remember Blanche's gay brother Clayton?  Or Dorothy's cross dressing brother Phil whom they buried in a teddy when he died?  Or when Dorothy's son Michael married a much older black woman?  Or when Mario Lopez was deported because he was an illegal alien?  Or when Sophia made fun of Rose's little person boyfriend?
  6. Every single thing about Rose Nylund;  her stories about St. Olaf, her funny one-liners, the way she took it when everyone picked on her and do y'all remember this episode when she was in the dance contest?
  7. Shoulder pads! 
  8. Their workout clothes.
  9. My forever love George Clooney appeared on it!
  10. The fact that girlfriends are important no matter what the age!  "Thank you for being a friend..."
     
I totally could have come up with another 50 things that I love about this show because it was the original 'Sex & The City'.  What is your favorite episode?

Hope y'all have a great Tuesday!!! 

0 comments: