Thursday, May 19, 2016

Currently....

Hey Girls-

Today, I'm linking up with the lovely Vanessa and Penny for 'Thinking Out Loud Thursday'. 

 
But first, I want to thank y'all for hanging in there with me over the last couple days of some throw back posts from earlier in the year!  I couldn't not blog about them because they were so much fun and included two of my most favorite cities ever--Nashville & Charleston.  Outside of filling y'all in on what's been going on in my dating life (you'll definitely want to be around for that one), I am really all caught up with big past things to blog about which leads me to today.

Well, let's get into it...here's what's going on Currently...in my life right now.
  • Reading...I just picked up Emily Maynard's book 'I Said Yes: My Story of Heartbreak, Redemption, and True Love' last week.  I haven't started it yet but heard it's a great read.  Can't wait to get started.
  • Watching....Just finished Scandal (insert tears and sadness for the season being over), Below Deck Mediterranean, Southern Charm, The Middle and I watch episodes every single night of the Golden Girls that comes on from 11-1 during the week on the Hallmark Channel (312 if you have DirecTv) .  Wowza on Scandal this season, right?  Oh my word, I can't wait for it to come back on.  I love The Middle.  If you aren't familiar, it is a show with Patricia Heaton that is about a middle class family just making it work in a small town in Indiana.  It reminds me a lot of the show Roseanne (which I also love BTW) and that makes sense because it was created by the same writers, which I didn't know until I Wiki'd it while writing this.  Y'all know about my obsession with Southern Charm, especially after yesterday's post so I won't go into that except to say that you totally should be watching it and you'll thank me later.  Below Deck is a newer obsession for me although I watched the other seasons of it before.  This season is based in the Mediterranean and features a whole new crew except for yummy, Ben the chef, whose quirkiness, spiky hair and distinct laugh get my mojo flowing.  Oh and he's English too and I am certainly a sucker for a hot accent.  I'd let this Chef make me eggs any day of the week ;) 
    But the best new addition to this season is by far the scrumptious Bobby.  Bobby is a native of Chicago but is now a firefighter in FL.  He is tall, has tattoos and beautiful teeth---pretty much fits my bill of goods.  He's new to the yachting industry but who really cares about any of that.  Bobby is fine!  Girls, take a look at this tall glass of water.  HELLO BOBBY! 

    
    Cleaned up on the left---although I prefer him sans shirt and I think you'll agree with me from the below pics.

    
    Here I am picturing him say, "Hey Jenny, girl come give me some sugar"

    I don't even care if he can play---just stand there and look pretty.

    
    So I chose this picture for two reasons---1) because he looks delicous and 2) can you see the guy wearing the thong in the background?  HA!!!

    
    Obviously a formal occasion given the bow tie but I'll have whatever he is serving.

    I'm not typically a fan of the male bathroom selfie---but who really cares when you are this delicious?!?

  • Trying...travel more, hang out with my friends more, love myself more, relax more, get dressed more (I work from home so this is a challenge, especially when I'm not traveling for my job) and pray more. 
  • Drinking...water and lots of it.  My goal is a gallon a day.  Do y'all know what a gallon a day will do for you?  Clearer skin, helping digestion, keeps you fuller, helps keep the toxins out, etc.  Know what I just heard?  Blah blah blah blah--almost worse than Charlie Brown's teacher.  Only thing I can think about is the millions of time I have to pee a day and all the dang toilet paper I am going through.  Yes, I know---#firstworldproblems.  I started my new lifestyle eating plan over 6 weeks ago.  As of Tuesday, I am down almost 19 pounds.  With that being said, my eating out has changed drastically but what's even worse is my cocktail consumption.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure my liver is happy for the break but all I've had is 2-Tito's on the rocks and that was to celebrate my birthday.  This wino and 'bring on the bubbly' gal is going into some serious withdrawal. 
  • Cooking...everything!  Since I started the above plan I have been out very little for dinner...which honestly makes me kind of boring right now.  It will all be well worth it when my new svelte body breaks out of this fluffy one. 
  • Eating...a lot of eggs, Boars Head Honey Maple turkey (which is delish), cheese sticks, cauliflower rice, chicken, shrimp--anything that is clean and good for you. 
  • Pinning...record stuff, as in vinyl.  I got a record player for my birthday and I just purchased a cabinet from Target to house my player and records I already have.  Everything is going in my front sitting room that never gets used so I am trying to find some music quotes that I can frame to go around my cabinet.  I'm also pinning stuff for the only blank wall in my downstairs living room.  I've been in my house for over 2 years now and this is the one blank canvas I still have that I just haven't been able to decide what to do with it.  Oh, and if you are on Pinterest and aren't following me, you can find me @jennifermo.  I think next week I might give y'all a tour of my home so you can get a better idea of my style and offer me up some thoughts and suggestions.
    What it looks like now...
    What I'm liking so far...
  • Going...Charleston this weekend with my gal pal Pamela to see Chris Stapleton.  We booked a condo on Air BnB in Folly Beach.  The weather is not looking too great but any day in Charleston is a better day than at home--even if it's raining.  I'm in my slow time for travel with my job until August so it's important for me to get out as much as I can because being home for too many days in a row gets to me.   
  • Loving...Harris Teeter online shopping.  This may be the best thing that's come into my life this year.  I do mostly online shopping in every other aspect of my life.  My UPS driver and I are on first name basis because he is delivering something from Amazon Prime several times a week.  But I had never really gotten into grocery shopping online.  It is the best thing for my lifestyle and time management plus it makes my new eating plan much easier because I am not tempted to go down the chip aisle and pick up foods not good for me. 
  • Hating...that I have ZERO artistic ability, like I can't even draw a box straight.  I'm working on a project for a customer and had to send my marketing team an idea of what I'm thinking.  They laughed...really laughed at how horrible my draft was.  Good thing I that's not my job!  :)
  • Feeling...just a tiny bit overwhelmed that I just turned 38 and I'm still single.  We'll talk more about this next week when I catch y'all up on what's been going on in my dating life and why I'm really only just a tiny bit overwhelmed and not a whole lot. 
  • Discovering...how much I like cauliflower rice.  I detest cauliflower.  However I've developed a taste for the grated version of it.  I posted a recipe on Monday here sharing my version of a Chinese classic that won't linger on your hips.
  • Thinking...that this is my new favorite place in my house to wind down.  This is the sitting area in my bedroom.  I'll be completely honest that I really have never used it at all.  I spend most of my time downstairs.  But this past weekend, I found myself perfectly content being nestled up under blankets reading, writing my blog, watching a little TV all in this little nook. 
  • Thanking...God for my tribe so very much.  I'm going to be posting about my experience with the Evolution of Friendships next week but what I've got going on right now is exactly what I need.  They love me, support me, encourage me and so much more but also are straight with me telling me what I need to hear even if I don't want to hear it.  What do you like best about your tribe? 
  • Smelling...flowers from Trader Joe's every week.  I love fresh flowers.  They just make me happy.  And they are so cheap--this entire bundle was $12.
  • Waiting...for the new movie 'Me Before You'.  It comes out on June 3rd.  Have y'all seen the trailer for it yet?  If not, you can check it out here.  I am a total sucker for romance novels, movies, etc.  No wonder I can't find a man to live up to my standards ;)  But I want to read the book beforehand and Amazon has the paperback version for less than $7. 
  • Considering...doing this for my 40th birthday...which will be here before I know it.  I saw this on FB yesterday.  Have y'all seen this before or anything like this?  I think it is pure genius.  And Bravo to you Serina--Happy Birthday! 
  • Finishing...a delicious cup of coffee in my hand and moving onto another.  Because of my low carb/low sugar plan I am on right now I had to switch some things up when it comes to my coffee.  Let's be real here, I love coffee for the creamer and my normal creamer has too many calories and sugar.  My gal pal Jess recommended Califia Farms Almond Creamer but I discovered Silk's new Caramel creamer on my last Harris Teeter online order and scooped it up.  Y'all, it is the bomb.com!  I sprinkle a couple dashes of cinnamon in it too and I don't miss the stuff I used to use.
     
Alright gals, now you are all caught up (for the most part) on what's going on in my life currently.  Hope y'all have a super fantastic Thursday.  Come back tomorrow when I'll be sharing my Friday Favorites linking up with some amazing bloggers that I just adore.

1 comments:

Blogger said...

Find out how THOUSAND of people like YOU are making a LIVING from home and are living their dreams TODAY.
CLICK HERE TO DISCOVER