Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Favorites...

Hey Girls-

Happy Friday Y'all!!!!  I don't know about you guys but this has been a crazy, busy week and I feel like I didn't get hardly anything accomplished whatsoever.  But I'm knocking off early today (shh, don't tell anyone) to head down to Charleston with the Louise to my Thelma to get a little R&R and see the super rad Chris Stapleton.  Even if it is calling for 100% chance rain, in my head "I'm so excited, I'm so excited"---sung by the infamous Jesse Spano from the band Hot Sundae.  Y'all remember that episode?  Still one of my faves. 


Anywhoodle, I'm linking up with the lovely Andrea, Erika and Erika to discuss some of my favorites from this past week.

Alright girls, let's party and get right into it because....

ONE: 
I received a new letter last night from my Compassion International child.  My sweet girl, Charleny, turns 6 on June 10th.  I am absolutely in love with her and my heart just bursts every time I receive a sweet note in the mail.  In this letter, she shared all of her favorite things: pizza, dogs, going to church and the color pink.  Oh be still my heart!!!  She is totally my match made in heaven!  She drew a picture of her family (mom, dad, her brother and herself) along with a building that I assume is her home with trees and pink flowers.  What I wouldn't give to give her a big hug!  And I just might get the chance to do that this Fall through a mission trip my church is going on.  Please pray for me and this opportunity.  More to come on this later!  But in the meantime, if you are open to sponsoring a child yourself, I strongly encourage you to do so.  There are so many waiting children in so many different countries who need your love, prayers and support.  You can check it out here.

 
TWO:
This week I've felt like a pretty powerful woman! 

No particular reason why but I surround myself with smart, successful, beautiful women who are all inspirations in different ways.  I spent 12 years in the male dominated world of power equipment selling chainsaws, lawnmowers, trimmers, etc. and endured more there than any woman should ever have to in a working environment but I stuck it out because I knew what I wanted to be and where I wanted to go and my integrity and grit always came out on top.  I worked for a company where my boss was a complete butthole and felt superior to every single person he came across, especially women,  but I swallowed my pride and kept my mouth shut hoping it would all be a learning experience and even though I lost that job, I wouldn't change a thing.   Because where I'm at today is a place I'm proud to be--not just where I work but who I've become professionally.  I've worked so hard to get to where I am at today and I am really proud of myself.  I wish all women would build each other up instead of tearing them down.  I witness horrible bashings everyday on social media, especially on IG and even on blogs I follow by truly exceptional women.  We are all amazing, beautiful creatures in the eyes of HIM.

THREE:
I am the meme Queen.  My girlfriends and I send memes and funny quotes back and forth all day long.  I literally spend most of my day laughing out loud.  These are two of my favorites from the week--and sorry for the language.

FOUR:
This was my favorite snack of the week, although I just had it last night for the first time.  I'll definitely have it again.  Yumm-O!  I did add about half a pack of Splenda to sweeten it up.  But it certainly hit the spot for me wanting to have something sweet and not break my good eating habits for the day!

FIVE:
Have y'all heard of the 'I Love the 90's Tour'?  Well, it's touring all over this year and this diva here is going to it this September with my sister and a bunch of gal pals in Charlotte.  OMGeeeee!  I can't even wait!  I was a 90's teenager and all of these bands just bring back so many memories. 



Well, on the way home this afternoon from a friend's house, this little jam came on and I forgot how much I loved it.
 But if I'm being completely honest, I am most excited about this guy here.  No judgment because I know y'all are feeling it too!


Alright gals, that's all I have for today.  Plus, how can I end with anything else other the real VIP, Vanilla Ice.  I am super proud of myself that I blogged everyday this week, even though for some reason it shows I have two posts for Tuesday.  I hope y'all have the best weekend ever!  See you on Monday..quite possibly for a Charleston recap!

0 comments: