Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday Favorites....Everybody's Working for the Weekend!

Hi Girls-

I just couldn't help myself when I was trying to pick out the perfect image for my Friday Favorites.  I loved, loved, loved me some Patrick Swayze and have probably seen Dirty Dancing 847,642 times.  Also, I used to go to Summer camp when I was little near where they filmed the movie and have swam in the same water where he and Baby did their infamous lift training scene.  So, that means Patrick and I have practically kissed. 

Also, Chris Farley was one of my favorite comedians and I think this SNL skit they did together was hilarious.  Personally, I like a little fluff on my men ;)

Happy Friday Gals!  I hope you've all had a super fantastic week and have all sorts of fun Fall things planned for the weekend!  Interestingly enough, I have found that as I've gotten older I am trying to fit in a lot more things during the week than just on the weekend.  It just goes by too darn fast!  So I've been trying to make a point to do all my housework, laundry, have dinner with the girls, see my sister, visit with friends, do my grocery shopping, etc. during the week so that I can truly relax and spend more time with the ones I really love on the weekends too.  Plus with my Fall Bucket List I posted about yesterday it will be essential for me to have my weekends free. 

Before I get into my Friday Favorites I want to take a minute to talk about what's going on in my city right now.  If you are new here I live in a small suburb right outside of Charlotte and unless you've been living under a rock, I'm certain you've seen all the chaos that has been ensuing this week.  I try to keep this blog lighthearted and I am not going to go into my specific thoughts but I ask that you pray for us.  Pray for the family of the man that was killed, pray for the police officers and their families, pray for the businesses that are being affected by the anger of rioters, pray for the rioters, pray for the protesters, pray for our elected officials and pray for our state.  We've had a lot of negative light shone upon us over the last several months and we are better than this.

OK, moving on to the fun stuff.  I am so excited to finally be linking up again with Andrea, Erika and Narci for my Friday Favorites.  So let's get into it...here are my favorites of the week.
  1. I'm going to write about these girls in more detail in a blog next week but this is my tribe.  If you follow me on Instagram (nc30grits), you know I post a lot of pictures with them in it.  But these gals are my favorite not only this week but all the time.  Find your Tribe, Love them Hard.  I am so blessed to have these lady friends in my life.
  2. Flap Jacked.  Y'all for reals...this company is amazeballs.  So since I started down the path of my weight loss journey (more on that to come but it's super high proten, low carb) I've been on the lookout for things that should be bad for me but aren't and this company fell right in my lap via IG.  Another gal I follow had posted about them and I, being hesitant at first because can protein baking mix be really that good, decided to order.  And I'm so glad I did!  First of all, the pancake mix can be used for a variety of things--think Bisquick.  For breakfast this morning, I added 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin and some cinnamon to celebrate the arrival of Fall.  And their mighty muffins are delicious!  Like for shizzle!  Double Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut Butter are my favorite.  Check them out here.  I promise, you won't be disappointed.
  3. New TV shows.  Y'all---seriously, the line up for Fall TV is sooooo good.  And I hate even saying that because I don't want to be sitting in front of the TV all season but dang, they've really stepped up their game.  Here's a little bit of what I'll be watching this Fall.
    I've cut way back on my reality TV shows (at least until Southern Charm starts back up anyway) but Below Deck will always be a staple.  My hot lover chef Ben is back for Season 4 along with the very Kenny Roger-ish Captain Lee, the Chief Stew everybody loves to hate (although I adore) Kate and super hot Kelly (mmm, mmm good--yummy things apparently come out of Texas).  This season has been really good so far. 
    
    King of Queens is one of my favorite TV shows (I still watch reruns) and I love Kevin James.  Again, back to my attraction to fluffy men.  Anyways, this is his new show and it comes on Monday nights.  I liked it but I'm not real certain it will get renewed. 
    I've written about this show before on the blog but I love it!  And I watch reruns of it as well.  It was created by the writer of the show Roseanne (which I also adored).
    Did y'all watch this on Tuesday?  I have been looking forward to it since I saw the previews over the Summer and what an ending to the first episode!  Totally unexpected!
4.  Fall decorations.  You may be thinking, Jenny--you've already written about your Fall décor.  Well, friends, yes I know that.  But in preparing to write this blog, I started reading over my blogs from last year and found this post where I realized there was a whole other box of Fall decorations I have yet to open.  I found the signs but am now on the hunt for the pumpkins that I posted about.

OK gals, that's all I have for today!  I hope you have a fabulous weekend!  I am going to a Beers & Bras Bachelorette party and hosting a Bridal Shower---it's going to be a busy one.  Come back next week, I have lots of other stuff to catch y'all up on ;)



0 comments: